PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm New!

Ariaanna
10-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Hi! Been lurking on Aquabid for about a year, forums for a couple of weeks. You guys seemed so friendly I couldn't resist joining in and seeing if I could make any friends. :)

bass24
10-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Hello, and welcome to our little side of Nutzo! :crazy: Hope you enjoy the stay. :nod:

summerbreeze
10-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Hello Ariaanna, Welcome to the funny fish farm.

Skiboy
10-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Welcome, what kind of fish do you keep? And stop in saturday night for SNE, lots of great deals on one hour auctions and get to know folks in chat.

KRIBS
10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Welcome to AB. I am new here too. :grin:

AmazonMoosey
10-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Welcome and Enjoy - you will find a find diverse group to become acquainted with and make friends with!

Ariaanna
10-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Skiboy- Right now I'm keeping a little bit of this and that. I have a 55, 20, 15, 10, and 5 right now. I also have two 50's that my roommate and I are in the process of getting set up. SNE sounds like oodles of fun, I'll have to try to stop by this week. :)

Everybody else- Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to not be too scary. ^.^

Now for a detailed explanation of what I have to work with and what my eventual goals are. I'd like to try to get the 50's up and running by the end of the year so they can cycle before we move (we're expecting to move around February, not enough room for the people in the apartment due to the fish tanks.) And then when I move since the tanks are already cycled, I'll be able to immediately introduce everyone to their respective tanks once we arrive in the new place instead of having to rip up the tanks to move and then again later when I'm performing the great fish switch.

-The 5 is a coldwater tank at my job that just has a few white clouds in it. This is staying as is.

-The 10 is a blackwater tank with a South American Bumblebee Catfish in it. I had him in the 55 for awhile, but had to take him out since he kills pretty much everyone he can get his mouth around. He's one of the first fish I ever bought, about 5 years old now and going strong.

-The 15 has a pearl gourami, 3 croaking gouramis, a blue ram, and a single rummy nosed tetra. If anybody knows anyone with some good, strong stock of rummies, please let me know. I've been looking for them all over the place, but nobody seems to have any. I guess they're out of season?

-The 20 currently has 8 Peacock Gudgeons I just bought on Aquabid, 4 Praecox Rainbows (I need to add to this school but my LFS never has any, I think I'm going to wait until I move them into one of the 50's and when I do so I'll just buy another 5-10 more through Aquabid or another online site.) It also has 1 pearl danio that was accidentally purchased with the other fish. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep him or bring him back to the store, but he and the rainbows seem to enjoy one another for the time being.

-The 55 has a whole jumble of fish. I have some Malayan Halfbeaks, Diamond Tetras, Bleeding Heart Tetras, Baby Angelfish, Juvie Kribs, a single tiger barb that is probably going to go back to the store if I can ever catch it (he was part of a school, but I had a tragic filter failure while I was on vacation and all of his buddies died,) a paradisefish, a moonlight gourami, SAE, some otos, and 2 Australian Rainbows.

All of the tanks are overloaded with plants right now, I bought a few more than was needed in anticipation of getting the 50s up and running. I'm actually a little concerned that I might be losing some due to over crowding if we don't move fast enough on the 50s.

My eventual plan (hopefully by the end of this year or I'm going to die from exhaustion keeping up with water changes!) is to have the 55 become an Amazon biotope with the angels, tetras, ram (with a few more friends) and otos. I've debated long and hard about adding cories, but I still haven't decided, and I figure I have plenty of time to finalize the decision.

One of the 50's is going to be an warm water Asian Biotope. The moonlight gourami, SAE, and halfbeaks will definitely be in there. I think the Paradisefish will have to find a new home, but I haven't finalized that decision, either. I can't decide if I should keep the tiger barb and add to the school or exchange him and buy some Glass cats. It seems like every couple of days I change my mind. For now he's being fairly well behaved, the paradisefish and gourami (yeah, the gourami O.o ) are actually keeping him in line, whenever he looks like he's considering nipping a fin they chase him down. It's a kind of retarded tank. I also know I definitely want a small group (5 or 6) of some type of loach. I'm thinking Yoyos, but I also have a rather mad infatuation with Kuhlis.

The other 50 will be a rainbow/gudgeon tank. As mentioned before, the Praecox are getting moved in here and having their school enlarged. The Australian rainbows will also be moved in here with their school added to. I'm not sure if there's enough room for another school or not, though, so I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about that. I want more, but I don't want to overcrowd them so they won't school and behave properly.

The 20 is intended to be given to 1 pair of Kribs for whatever. If they breed and I can't handle the babies, hooray for free live food for everyone else. If they breed and the local supply of kribs is lacking, hooray for a little extra cash in my pocket to fund the habit. If they don't breed and just look pretty, hooray for not having the extra concern of babies on my mind. :)

The 15 just needs some rummies to fill out the school, and I'll call it stocked. It's a cube, so I don't want to stretch the bioload too far.

PS- sorry about the long windedness. I figured it'd be easier to just spit everything out at once and have a thread I can reference to for EVERYTHING regarding my tanks than having to type it all up over and over and over again. :P

Happy to be here,
Aria

MADMIKE
10-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Welcome Ariaanna,you will not find a nicer bunch of friends.Just wait until you win one of their auctions and you will see what i mean.Enjoy

lotsoffish
10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Hello Ariaanna. Welcome to aquainsanitybid. If you are over 18 and have an IQ less than 40 stop by Purgatory chat one night. It's worth checking out just to know who to avoid around here. :bigthumbsup:

AmazonMoosey
10-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello Ariaanna. Welcome to aquainsanitybid. If you are over 18 and have an IQ less than 40 stop by Purgatory chat one night. It's worth checking out just to know who to avoid around here. :bigthumbsup:
See Pete, this is why it isn't good you are part of the Welcoming committee... lol They quit hanging around after you post to them here. lol

Skiboy
10-01-2009, 02:06 PM
u