PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of Big Hat Music

robgarber
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Mark, normally I surf the auctions with my sound turned off. Today I decided to find out if there was anything to hear. I am horrified by the sounds coming from some of these auctions. Is there anyway we can delete the auctions playing this disturbing country music.

marli
10-10-2007, 05:18 PM
HUH???

Confused smiles, marli

Mark
10-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Contact the seller and tell them. Personally, I think a seller that adds music is going to turn away bidders but it is their choice.

pdpo222
10-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Personally, music or no music will make me bid on an auction. I have headphones so never hear it unless I have them on, which is almost never. I don't like all the noises that come when the computer comes on, when a person enters chat, etc. I find it distracting. I'm easily distracted, I guess. But if it bothers you turn off the sound. Why penalize anyone when there is someone out there that may enjoy it?? It's an easy solution. Don't listen. :v8:

ijedic
10-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh my goodness Rob, that is too funny! "disturbing country music" :lol2:

BayleesFishees
10-10-2007, 09:02 PM
It must be time for me to come up with another sing-a-long..

Skiboy
10-10-2007, 10:15 PM
What's Country Music? :whistle:

RMC
10-10-2007, 10:58 PM
What's Country Music? :whistle:
I think it's horse flatuence caused by eating a pail of green oats. :king:

MaryPa
10-11-2007, 04:33 AM
Mark, normally I surf the auctions with my sound turned off. Today I decided to find out if there was anything to hear. I am horrified by the sounds coming from some of these auctions. Is there anyway we can delete the auctions playing this disturbing country music.
Oh my lands!!!! Just turning off your sound would stop the music :v8: Now how hard was that to figure out????? :thinking:
Sorry but some people just seem to look for things to gripe about.:nono: Deleting or blocking musical auctions might just hurt you more than the person posting the auction.
.......... looking for the DUHHHHH smiley...............:yawn:

AIRSTONED
10-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Contact the seller and tell them. Personally, I think a seller that adds music is going to turn away bidders but it is their choice.
Why would it turn away bidders? Its as easy as turning it off! I happen to like the songs in some auctions. Neither here nor there, Im bidding on the fish NOT the song.
IMHO
Jeff
:v8:

Mark
10-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Music sometimes takes longer to load. Come customers may move on before everything is loaded. Poor HTML to get the music in might crash their computer system.

bass24
10-11-2007, 06:45 AM
I personally only buy from sellers that have opera playing in the background. The rest are a bit boring. And when they try to sing the song themselves. I laugh so hard. But to each his own. Now what were the issues again?

AmazonMoosey
10-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Opera, huh? And I have to sing it myself? That will get your attention on an auction?

Ooooohhhh Law, this is gonna leave a mark.....

MaryPa, I do believe the original poster was joking around;not serious at all. After all, it costs too much for a website Big Hat Filter!

You know you've done something wrong when you get an email from a user of AB that says "Nice Fish, but I like your Music better!" :lol:

AIRSTONED
10-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Music sometimes takes longer to load. Come customers may move on before everything is loaded. Poor HTML to get the music in might crash their computer system.
I guess I have never thought about that. I just assume all people have high speed connections.
Even with the long auctions I run, it loads for me in one or two seconds. Moosey runs some long complicated auctions to and hers load fast for me.
But you make a good point Mark.
Jeff

Edited for the hellobit!

Skiboy
10-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey guys,
I think Rob is kidding, and I think he's kidding me as two of my four auctions have big hat music in them.

wermyapl
10-11-2007, 08:26 AM
I guess I have never thought about that. I just assume all people have high speed connections.
Even with the long auctions I run, it loads for me in one or two seconds. Moosey runs some long complicated auctions to and hers load fast for me.
But you make a good point Mark.
Jeff
I have a high speed connection, but it doesn't always work right. I always skip auctions with music and lots of big pictures.

MaryPa
10-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Opera, huh? And I have to sing it myself? That will get your attention on an auction?

Ooooohhhh Law, this is gonna leave a mark.....

MaryPa, I do believe the original poster was joking around;not serious at all. After all, it costs too much for a website Big Hat Filter!

You know you've done something wrong when you get an email from a user of AB that says "Nice Fish, but I like your Music better!" :lol:
:v8: Duhhhh, thanks MsMoosey but I was a blonde as a young woman. Good excuse for not being fast to catch on.

Sit
10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I thought Opera was a talk show host.

MADMIKE
10-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I can see Rob sitting there laughing at all the commentshttp://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/87.gif

AmazonMoosey
10-11-2007, 10:13 AM
:v8: Duhhhh, thanks MsMoosey but I was a blonde as a young woman. Good excuse for not being fast to catch on.

That's Okay Marypa - As a young woman I also was blonde in one eye and couldn't hear outta the other one. :cool: When you get as old as me, it'll all balance out someway or nother! :gickle:

:laugh: @ Sit!

robgarber
10-11-2007, 05:53 PM
:gickle:

diburning
10-14-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm gonna put on some rascal flatts the next time I list an auction :D

Skiboy
10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Big Hat Lives, and it's spreading!!!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwmixed&1194140750

This is not a test!

UncleDare
10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Not to put a damper on it, but are you aware that Prince had a video of a toddler dancing to Prince music removed from YouTube because it was an infringement of copyright? You could barely make out what music the baby was dancing to in the first place. The music industry is in a panic over the loss of income, as technology has made it so easy for people to illegally download and use their product.

They've also threatened to sued a lot of college students for music that was downloaded from services such as Limewire file sharing service. One poor girl had downloaded over 1,000 songs (not that hard to do), and they were trying to get her to pay them $1,000 or they were threatening to sue. They are out there looking for illegal use of music, so watch your backsides. Bayleesfishees is safe from lawsuit 'cause he uses his own music, but he'd better watch out for critics with shotguns! :gickle:

Skiboy
10-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Not to put a damper on it, but are you aware that Prince had a video of a toddler dancing to Prince music removed from YouTube because it was an infringement of copyright? You could barely make out what music the baby was dancing to in the first place. The music industry is in a panic over the loss of income, as technology has made it so easy for people to illegally download and use their product.

They've also threatened to sued a lot of college students for music that was downloaded from services such as Limewire file sharing service. One poor girl had downloaded over 1,000 songs (not that hard to do), and they were trying to get her to pay them $1,000 or they were threatening to sue. They are out there looking for illegal use of music, so watch your backsides. Bayleesfishees is safe from lawsuit 'cause he uses his own music, but he'd better watch out for critics with shotguns! :gickle:
And there are lots of places on the web where you can legally link to their music. I have never downloaded a song from the web, I don't know how. But I have included links to songs that have been put on the web for that exact use. My attorney has assured me that there is a huge legal difference between using links and downloading music.

As I understand it, if you have an ipod or other personal music devise you can download songs legally to it for around a buck a song. The poor girl you mention is a criminal, she is no different from the person who walks out of walmart with a CD under her coat. To be given the chance to pay what she would have paid if she were not a crook, with no other penalty, makes her a lucky girl in my book. I gave my daughter an ipod for Christmas last year. Included with it were instructions about how to legally download music, and a warning about what could get you in trouble.

Click on the CD player in any of my auctions, it will take you to the provider web site where you can link to buy the music you are hearing. They WANT us to use their music on our web sites, auctions, forums, my space, facebook etc. They hope people say "Wow, that was a great song, I gotta get me that there CD".

There is a line, and it's easy to define. Links=OK, download without paying=crime.

robgarber
10-31-2007, 08:03 PM
The idiots that make the feces Skiboy is playing would never recognize if someone was using it illegally. On the other hand the fish Ski sent me won't stop leaving these little white balls attached to everything all over my tank. Skiboy=good fish, but bad noise.