PDA

View Full Version : We all know the subject

swordtailx420
11-22-2007, 09:30 AM
So I am new to this site.

I am really enjoying getting into this fish hobby. Any help/advice would always be appreciated.
Right now I am looking at my new Albino Koi Swordtail fry. They're so cute!!:clap::grin::gickle:

So what else do you want to know? Just ask

How can we put pictures directly into these posts? Do they have to be links to websites that hold the photo?

Swampy
11-22-2007, 10:09 AM
So I am new to this site.

I am really enjoying getting into this fish hobby. Any help/advice would always be appreciated.
Right now I am looking at my new Albino Koi Swordtail fry. They're so cute!!:clap::grin::gickle:

How can we put pictures directly into these posts? Do they have to be links to websites that hold the photo?
Welcome to the forums swordtail.

Wanna know how many tanks you have, your water parameters, sex and quantity of your fish, any meds you've used in the past two months (fish meds), proximity of your closest LFS, water temp, color of substrate, real plants or plastique, and ----
Your Thanksgiving Meal menu.

Just type in or paste the url of the picture you wish to share, highlight it, and then click the "Img" button above the yellow smileies above the message window. That should do it.

Swampy
:snicker:

MADMIKE
11-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Welcome swordtailx420
First rule is have fun.

swordtailx420
11-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Wanna know how many tanks you have, your water parameters, sex and quantity of your fish, any meds you've used in the past two months (fish meds), proximity of your closest LFS, water temp, color of substrate, real plants or plastique, and ----
Your Thanksgiving Meal menu.

Just type in or paste the url of the picture you wish to share, highlight it, and then click the "Img" button above the yellow smileies above the message window. That should do it.

Swampy
Well thanks for the info on the pictures! :bigthumbsup:
I had tried several different ways and all I had gotten out of it was a headache. :wall:

So Wow you ask a lot of questions... so I'll try to be as honest as possible. I have 4 tanks in my apartment, 2 tanks in my neighbors apartment, and a few friends with 4-5 tanks at their homes. They are not all mine but we are all breeding together. I keep the PH high in the tanks 7.2-7.6 and the temperature a little warm (maybe too warm) around 76-78. I have red velvet lyrtail, redwag lyretail, and calico lyretail swordtails. Also I have several female albinos (white) and a mix of M&F Albino Koi Swordtails. The only mails I have in my breeding tank is the albino kois (3). I am loving watching the albino bristlenose plecos growing up to breeding age. I am looking forward to watching them court and protect their eggs. I use the gravel from walmart for a substrate and only use live plants (any plant I can get my hands on). I feed them all Baby brine shrimp, micro-worms, zucchini, and flakes.
I never use any "meds" except for daily water changes and a little aquarium salt. (my personal opinion) I've never had much luck with fish "meds" and find that if an aquarium is kept up well there should be no need for them. (I did get some bad fish from an aquabider a few months ago and I lost a few juveniles... but that is just as much my fault as anyones)
We had turkey (duh), ham, sweet potato, collard greens, mixed vegetables, stuffing, gravy, apple pie, pumpkin pie, cookies, and ice cream. Man I'm stuffed. It was fun getting together with my friends (that all have aquariums) we all dressed up like pilgrims for the kids and then sat around and talked fish while the kids were outside getting totally covered in mud. Hope your day was as much fun.

AmazonMoosey
11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Hello and Welcome! :lol2: You don't have to answer all his questions at once; and usually a simple "Yes" or "No" answer is all he wants. :rofl:

As for doing images in here, the easiest way is to hit "Post Reply" and not do the simple quick answer. The reason is - it sticks up all these funky faces and coding helps. In the coding you will see a button with "Img" on it - that stands for "Image". When you answer a post with "Post Reply", click that IMG button and you will see

appear. If you put your cursor in the middle, you can the web link to your picture. Only other thing is - it canna be a pic on your computer. Many here use photopucket.com - it's a quick, FREE, simple way to post pics and it shows you the coding for each pic.

Anyhootsl, enjoy and have fun!

AIRSTONED
11-23-2007, 04:10 AM
Just remember to always 420 and things will be fine.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc271/AIRSTONED/blueoneani.gif

swordtailx420
11-23-2007, 10:25 AM
So let me get this straight. I click on this...http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc166/jbuller/1020071656.jpg

And wall-ah you can see the oldest fish I have. This koi is over 11 inches long and is the most beautiful koi in the whole world (my opinion)

Swampy
11-23-2007, 11:14 AM