PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Length

KnaveTO
12-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Am I the only one that finds the character length of the feedback too restrictive? the size that we are allowed leave little room to accurately post true feedback about purchases. can it be increased?

UncleDare
12-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I've had that problem, as well. I don't want to write a book about the seller/buyer, but I would like to be able to get a whole sentence into the feedback system.

diburning
12-29-2007, 09:47 AM
agreed

lotsoffish
12-29-2007, 04:32 PM
How much room do you need to say

Fish were aweful

or

Nice Box-0-Crap?

From a sellers point of view Whats so hard about typing

Enjoy your fish

or

Thanks friend!

I sold a guy three plecos a while back and after a couple weeks he told me they died. I asked him what he was feeding them and he reasuured me they had plenty of food, he was gone for a week and put 3 weekend feeders in his tank before he left.

As a seller what kind of feed back should I leave? :look:

Goober
12-29-2007, 04:39 PM
"What a dumass" ?

AIRSTONED
12-30-2007, 08:04 AM
How about a link to buy the book "Fish keeping for the beginner" :rofl:

UncleDare
12-30-2007, 12:30 PM
On my first Aquabid purchase, the fish showed up healthy, but the box was soaked and the bags were almost empty from leaking. I tried to type, "nice fish, survived despite poor packing." THAT was beyond the size limit of the feedback line.

ChilDawg
12-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Fish live/box wet/shoulda died/didn't

KnaveTO
12-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Excuse me... I would rather read it in english than netspeak or whatever. It would be nice to see some actual feedback... Due to the length of the current limitations I see the same stuff over and over and over again in the feedback. It would be nice to have to room to state what I would actually like to say!

ChilDawg
12-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Knave, I was just kidding and sort of pointing out how ridiculous it is to have to abbreviate. Of course I'd like to be able to use full sentences!

(1000th post...w00t!)

Mark
12-31-2007, 05:11 AM
Currently it is 60 characters. I think eBay is 80. No one has suggested a number.

ijedic
12-31-2007, 06:18 AM
Wow, 80? How bout you change it to 81 then? While you're at it, how bout having another addition to feedback where if you get a feedback, deserved or not, there is a place to defend yourself. Then we could have that nifty ebayesque thing where the auctions aren't really auctions at all, they are marketing events and sellers can "change their mind when the auction ends........ :dizzy:

thorny
12-31-2007, 06:30 AM
Wow, 80? How bout you change it to 81 then? While you're at it, how bout having another addition to feedback where if you get a feedback, deserved or not, there is a place to defend yourself. Then we could have that nifty ebayesque thing where the auctions aren't really auctions at all, they are marketing events and sellers can "change their mind when the auction ends........ :dizzy:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

KnaveTO
12-31-2007, 07:07 AM
I never suggested a number due to the consideration of I am not aware how much feedback is currently in the system as well as how much data storage you are using and you have. Such considerations would I feel be best left up to the moderators and programmers of Aquabid. Although to give a round number... say 100characters. Beyond that would be too long, but would allow for full and proper feedback.

thorny
12-31-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey Ijedic :luv:

are you still sore over that lunch box deal :tongue:

bass24
01-01-2008, 07:49 AM
I say 20 characters. See examples below
Bad Feedback
This Buyer Sucks.
This Seller Sucks.
Could also use Eats It in place of Sucks

Good Feedback
This Seller is good.
This Buyer is good.

AIRSTONED
01-01-2008, 08:00 AM
I never suggested a number due to the consideration of I am not aware how much feedback is currently in the system as well as how much data storage you are using and you have. Such considerations would I feel be best left up to the moderators and programmers of Aquabid. Although to give a round number... say 100characters. Beyond that would be too long, but would allow for full and proper feedback.
Quote.."Such considerations would I feel be best left up to the moderators and programmers of Aquabid." :thinking:
Isnt that the way it is now? So why start the thread?
:v8:

Swampy
01-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Quote.."Such considerations would I feel be best left up to the moderators and programmers of Aquabid." :thinking:
Isnt that the way it is now? So why start the thread?
:v8:
Ummm - Because it's a suggestion??

Swampy
:cool:

ijedic
01-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey Ijedic :luv:

are you still sore over that lunch box deal :tongue:
Na, but if I wanted Aquabid to dress up like Ebay, I'd suggest it for Halloween only :barf: Anyone else remember April Fool's day a couple yrs or so ago? I bet Mark does..... :rofl:

AmazonMoosey
01-02-2008, 10:30 AM
I say 20 characters. See examples below
Bad Feedback
This Buyer Sucks.
This Seller Sucks.
Could also use Eats It in place of Sucks

Good Feedback
This Seller is good.
This Buyer is good.
Feedback is so subjective it seems. This thread proves it in many ways and our differing views on what constitutes positive and what constitutes neutral and negative. Sometimes, Bass I think you are right.

I wish the two of them had talked it out via email first - I think most of the differences again goes to communication or the lack thereof.

bass24
01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Words why do we need more words? Nations have gone to war, cause they didn't use enough words. Why should AB be any different? Fire the big gun right away. Then wait for smoke to clear, see if your shot brought them to their knees. If not just shoot again. Your bound to hit something sooner or later. :dizzy: