PDA

View Full Version : WOW --- I'm notorious after just one post!!!

DrPam
01-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone!!!

Since my name comes up so often in slams by my newfound nemesis, I figured I would let everyone know who I really am. I am NOT new to AB, just new to the forums.

The first fish I can remember owning was a tiny black moor goldfish they were giving free at the grand opening of our new TG&Y store in about 1958(?). I kept him in a big round goldfish bowl, and thought he was the prettiest fishy ever.

Then I found guppies!!! Mollies - platies - swordtails!!! Killifish, oh my!!!

I kept at least one 10gal aquarium constantly, and bought my first 20gal when I was in college. I have WAY - TOO - MANY aquariums now, although most are in storage while I am remodeling my house --- several 50gals, one 75gal, and I'm not sure how many smaller tanks.. I have one currently empty 250gal, and one 300gal that I am building into the wall of my new clinic so that it faces into the reception area.

Fish are my HOBBY. I am a BUYER, not a seller. I shop occasionally, in my spare time. If I find something I like, I will bid on it. Many times the AB purchase is only the first purchase I make from that seller. I pay promptly and answer emails.

I do not know at all how many items I have purchased on AB. I do not really know which sellers gave me feedback and which did not --- it is not important to me. I try to give feedback within the 45 days, but I am sure there are times when I have missed leaving feedback on occasion.

YES, I am a Vet. I have my own clinic in a town with a population <6,000. I am a bit of a workaholic, but I love my job. I just retired at the end of last year from the US Army Reserve after 31 years of service. I have also worked as the Veterinarian for a local Humane Society for 20+ years.

Dr Pam

MaryPa
01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Pam

imakettle
01-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Rock on Doc :1st:

tropicalangels
01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
keep up the good work Pam

ijedic
01-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Wassup Doc? Nice to meet you.

AmazonMoosey
01-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey Doc - I got this pain in my ..... that just won't go away...what should I do? :lol2:

Welcome to the FMS. :snicker: Just wait till you hit 10 posts - the sky falls in! :gickle:

bozzle
01-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Pam - Hey, nothing wrong with making a grand entrance :gickle: - Welcome aboard!

Skiboy
01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Cool grand entrance. Rock on!!!!

fourc
01-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi Pam welcome !Like Paul Newman say,s in the movie "MONKEY,S ON MY BACK " don't worry about it !!!!!!! That applies here to ,we have some great folk,s here and we have some not so great folk,s here ,no problem the more they talk the more you learn about them and than you decide witch ones you communicate with and which one,s you drop like a stone ,so " WELCOME " Fish Pal Klaus .

AIRSTONED
01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
:rofl: Funny guy. Welcome Dr.Pam it wont take you long to find the fake and hypocrites.

KC
01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome, Dr. Pam!

I bet your clinic will be gorgeous with those tanks...wowsers!

KC

DrPam
01-24-2008, 02:02 PM
AmazonMoosey wrote ; Hey Doc - I got this pain in my ..... that just won't go away...what should I do?

I can only guess, but it looks to me from the picture you sent for "examination" on the upper left side of your post that it is referred pain from repeated ear pulling.

I suggest that you pull someone else's ears and you will probably feel better shortly!

AmazonMoosey
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
AmazonMoosey wrote ; Hey Doc - I got this pain in my ..... that just won't go away...what should I do?

I can only guess, but it looks to me from the picture you sent for "examination" on the upper left side of your post that it is referred pain from repeated ear pulling.

I suggest that you pull someone else's ears and you will probably feel better shortly!
:rofl: Wait till you see the one with my hair exploding! smiling Better yet is the tongue in cheek picture - no Doc has ever found a cure for that. :gickle: Enjoy!

http://www.weblogcartoons.com/cartoons/internet.gif

ucdxmisty
01-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Welcome Dr Pam. I'm so glad you figured out Moosey's problem. I just hope my ears are not next. :rofl:

Another Pam

DrPam
01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
AmazonMoosey wrote: Wait till you see the one with my hair exploding! Better yet is the tongue in cheek picture - no Doc has ever found a cure for that.

Funny you should mention it. I actually had a "tongue in cheek" come in yesterday --- little pup had found Dad's tackle box with a treble hook. Pretty exciting for all concerned until the pain med/sedation took effect and we could get the little guy all unattached. Talk about being stuck on oneself!!!

Did y'all see I figured out how to attach a little running puppy to my posts? One small step forward. I still don't understand all the abbreviations, but maybe this old dog will catch on soon.

DrPam
01-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks to everyone for the Howdy's and Welcome's!!! It's nice to meet y'all!!! Although I may not get to participate often, I now have a bunch of new fish buddies to commune with during my "hobby time".

Hey Indiana Pam, my kinfolks are from Shelbyville. And if you are less than 50 years old, you were named after me!!!

Thanks KC. I can't wait to get the big tank up and running in the reception room --- maybe by the summer. If/when I get it together I will try to figure out how to post a picture.

MaryPa --- Only ONE single guppy --- now that's RARE!!! Must be a male guppy, huh?

tropicalangels
01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Dr Pam where do you have your practice I would love to have you as my vet for my pug boston terrier and cats and a fellow fish friend JoAnna

th3rd_leg
01-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I am glad my "Evil" Antics Made you some "New Friends" :devil:

It was obvious that you needed some :sad2:

God Works in Mysterious ways and if I WERE not his faithful servant :bow:

You would not be here to complain :tongue:

God Bless :dance: :dance:

Another great Job done by DA NEMESIS

:crazy: hahahahahahahahaha

fishboy23
01-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome Dr. Pam!
As you may have gathered, I'm in pre-vet right now...trying to head down that long, hard (but rewarding) path of becoming a vet. I was randomly wondering if you specialized? Or, being a clinic in a small town, do you have a mixed practice?
Feel free to email with your answers if you dont want to post...I'm always looking for another vet to talk to!

Edited to add: I do like the running puppy avatar...just makes me miss my dog!

RMC
01-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Welcome Dr. Pam,

It’s good to see fresh mea….. I mean faces in the forums. :whistle: I’m sure you have already figured out who the phakes and hippocritics are, as well as the self-proclaimed Son of Sam. They’re usually the ones calling everyone phakes or hippocritics or saying they are on a mission from Gawd. Kinda gives a whole new meaning to the term “Moran”. :laugh:

Since you don’t leave feedback in a timely fashion I will not be able to sell to you because …… dang, I can’t think of any good reason. OK, you’re off the hook this time. :hug: There’s a lot of good folks here, in fact, almost all of them are regardless of how misguided they can get during a heated flamefest. :wink2: When you’re feeling depressed just get a heated thread going :snicker: , make some popcorn :popcorn: , and enjoy the fun. :tongue: It’s quite easy actually, all you have to do is type something silly like

Hey Airbrain, Tirdlick, and Nordster, you Three Stooges should get a room and start a family. :lol:

Some people say I should up the meds……. :crazy: What do you think? :king:

bozzle
01-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Hey Airbrain, Tirdlick, and Nordster, you Three Stooges should get a room and start a family.
:rofl::rofl::lol2::gickle::whistle::thumbsup::peac e:

marli
01-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Hiya Doc! Hey, welcome to the nuthouse...and I hope you are adept in hijacking threads? That's the BEST, ticks off the numb ones to no end, hee. Give it a try, it's FUN!

Ok, back to sewing, ugh....

Smiles, marli

MADMIKE
01-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Welcome Doc,have funhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/see%20no%20evil%20hear%20no%20evil.gif

DrPam
01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
I practice in the megatropolis of Bowie, Texas --- North of Dallas/Fort Worth and nearly to the Oklahoma border. I started my practice with a box of vaccine on the tailgate of my pickup truck, and built from there.

Hey fishboy23, welcome to the toughest profession you will ever LOVE!!! Good luck in achieving your goal.

I have a mixed practice but I don't do horses and cows anymore --- too old and lazy now. I see dogs, cats, birds, snakes and other reptiles, yes fish occasionally, sheep, goats, baby calves, mini horses, llamas/alpacas, pocket pets like hamsters and rats, and various exotics such as hedgehogs, ferrets, and chinchillas. Every day is interesting and challenging.

In the Army, I was assigned to one of the District Commands here in Texas. Army Vets do a lot of public health work and food manufacturing/storage inspection to protect the health of the troops. Any manufacturer that sells food to the military has to have their plant inspected routinely. I have personally inspected the Braums Ice Cream plant and the Little Debbies Cakes plant --- it's a tough job but someone's got to do it!!!

We also do regular Vet stuff when treating soldiers' animals at the clinics and caring for the Military Working Dogs. Some of the dogs that assisted with the search of the Oklahoma City bombing site were "my" dogs, and one or two went to NYC after 9-11 to help out with the search and rescue there. Our bomb and sentry dogs also routinely rotate from stateside to Iraq and Afghanistan.

At the Humane Society, I did THOUSANDS of spays and neuters over a 20 year period. I helped with cruelty investigations, and testified as an expert witness on many occasions to help rescue animals from some very bad situations.

I am the only Vet at my clinic, which is open 6 days a week. I did mention I am something of a workaholic, right?

When I'm not working, I tend to my own huge family of animals, including fish. I also grow orchids, and have been wishing for a greenhouse for several years now --- maybe someday!!!

In my spare time --- I sleep.

civil1
01-25-2008, 03:32 PM
welcome to the house of mixed nuts :dizzy: I hope you have as much fun here as I do and that you make some good friends. I know I have :luv: If you ever have the the time I highly recommend going to the OCA in Cleveland, Ohio to meet some of the Aquabid folks in person. It is an event I look forward too each year now :dance:

ucdxmisty
01-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I always wondered who I was named after, so Now I know! :confused: :lol: Too bad you are so far away, I can always use a Vet with all my animals. I just have a few. 5 dogs, 7 cats, 4 birds, 2 feretts and the fish. But I love them. :yeah:

Pam

river11
01-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Welcome doc, if you can look beyond the "Jerry Springer" stuff there is a lot to learn here.
Mike

skarabians1
01-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Doc.....I have raised Arabian horses for the last 40 years so I much appreciate your profession. I, too, am getting old and find breeding angel fish alot easier than breeding horses these days. Welcome!! Sandy

northstarangels
01-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi Pam!
Welcome to the Jungle! Or as in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny..."nnnyyyaaahhhh What's Up Doc?" :gickle::gickle::gickle:

P.S...I never ASK for feedback :gickle::gickle::gickle:

edibill
01-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Welcome Dr Pam. Did you inspect the Little Debbie plant outside of Chattanooga, TN? Interesting place, business and ideology.

DrPam
01-27-2008, 01:57 PM
The one in Rogers, Arkansas. Our region was Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas.

wermyapl
01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I also grow orchids, and have been wishing for a greenhouse for several years now --- maybe someday!!!
What kind of orchids? I grow Paphs.

DrPam
01-27-2008, 09:08 PM
My favorites are the Psycopsis papilio types --- I have 2. I have a bunch of Cattleyas, a couple of Dendrobiums, and a Phalenopsis.

Orchids are the only plants I can grow because if you forget to water them for 2 weeks they actually LIKE it!!!

bass24
01-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Hey River 11,
I like the G. Loomis ball cap. :nod: A fellow fisherman. What's your pleasure? Being from Kentucky I think I already know :wink:

river11
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Although I live 20 min from arguably (lord knows everyone likes to do that on here) the best crappie lake in the world, Kentucky Lake, I fish mostly for trout in northern Georgia mountains. They say there are 5000 miles of trout streams there. My sister has a mountain house there. Used to fish for big cats largest to date 50 lb flathead. A good friend built my two G Loomis rods, one 8 and a half foot 4 weight flyrod and a 7 foot jigging pole. I figure I'd use the hat as my avatar and if I ever attend one of the events you all talk about and you see the hat it just might be me. Checked out your "just me" page nice bass!!
Mike

wermyapl
01-28-2008, 01:35 PM
My favorites are the Psycopsis papilio types --- I have 2. I have a bunch of Cattleyas, a couple of Dendrobiums, and a Phalenopsis.

Orchids are the only plants I can grow because if you forget to water them for 2 weeks they actually LIKE it!!!
Any pictures? I like the Psycopsis papilio types, they just get too big... :cry:

DrPam
01-29-2008, 10:05 AM
No pictures of the papilios, but I do have these:

http://www.wanderingfarm.com/orchids.htm

Skiboy
01-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Well Pam,
That is some web site!! Nice flowers, but there are other things there people should see. Excuse me while I do some shout outs.

HEY SKIDAUGHTER: Click this: http://www.wanderingfarm.com/aqha.htm Have tissue handy, be prepared to drool.

HEY LOTSOFFISH: Click this: http://www.wanderingfarm.com/Goats.htm See advise for Skidaughter!

HEY Horse/fish people: Click this: http://www.wanderingfarm.com/index.htm

Wow Dr Pam, Just wow. Back to work.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_111.gif

wermyapl
01-29-2008, 10:52 AM
No pictures of the papilios, but I do have these:

http://www.wanderingfarm.com/orchids.htm
Very nice. I've never gotten into the Cattleya and Dendrobium types because they need so much light to bloom and some get big. (I know there are dwarfs...) So I stick to smaller lower light slippers:

http://www.thegreenaquarium.com/AB/PaphMaudiae3.JPG
Paph. Maudiae - this one is just now opening it's second bloom for me. :dance:

http://www.thegreenaquarium.com/AB/Paph.appletonianum.jpg
Paph. appletonianum

UNCLERICK666
01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
IF YOU LOVE ORCHIDS, ESPECIALLY THE SMELL, BUT, YOU THINK IT'S HARD GROWING THEM......
GET ACIDENTHRERIA BULBS TO PLANT THIS SPRING !

THE SMELL IS INCREDIBLE AND YOU GROW THEM LIKE GLADS, DIG IN THE FALL IN THE NORTH, AND LEAVE IN THE GROUND IN THE SOUTH.....SUPER EASY!

I GET SEVERAL DOZEN AND PLANT ABOUT 5 DAYS APART,
THIS GIVES YOU WEEKS OF BLOOM.... :cool:

lotsoffish
01-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Goats are so damn cool. :lol:

UNCLERICK666
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
WE USED TO HAVE PYGMY GOATS ON THE GOLF COURSE.
1 RAM AND 3 EWES.

WELL EVERY TIME A GOLFER WOULD BEND OVER TO TEE UP A BALLL......
YOU GUESSED IT! :rofl: