PDA

View Full Version : Opening links

marli
01-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Hiya!

I wondered something: when someone posts a link here, whether it's an auction or a picture or a joke (in other words, ANY link), is there a way to change the forum settings so that you can click on the link and have it open in a new window? I know that some forums are set up to do that, others, like this one, open in the same window, effectively directing you AWAY from this site. Wouldn't it be better to keep folks here? Not like prisoners, mind you... Dang. Ok, I'm about to start rambling, so I'm going to go now. (I've gotten much better at catching myself prior to the ramble, rather than after the fact. Well, sometimes.)

Does this make sense to anyone here? Not the rambling part, the other stuff? Geesh...I need a nap.

Smiles, marli

beth
01-29-2008, 06:29 AM
I'd like what Marli said, links opening in new tabs or windows. Sometimes I forget to right click.

Skiboy
01-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Here is the part I understand: Geesh...I need a nap. Usually to do that I open a window and close the curtain, does that help?

marli
01-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Here is the part I understand: Geesh...I need a nap. Usually to do that I open a window and close the curtain, does that help?
You are awesome, ski! I didn't open the window, but I did close the curtain, so I had that nap.

I don't feel much better though, oh well.

Smiles, marli

UNCLERICK666
01-29-2008, 05:36 PM
SOME TIMES ....WELL MOST TIMES, RIGHT CLICKS WON'T HELP.
ESPECIALLY IF IT'S GOOGLE OR EBAY, AND ONCE YOUR THERE, YOU MIGHT SPEND YOUR MONEY THERE AS WELL.
SEEMS SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T JUST
GO BACK" TO AQUABID AGAIN EITHER.

I CAN SEE THE GOOGLE ADSENCE AND EVEN SUGGESTED MARK USE IT INSTEAD OF THOSE
OBNOXIOUS POP UPS WE USED TO GET, BUT, HOW DOES GOOGLE PUT ADS UP AS POSTS.?

AB IS SLOW ENOUGH, BUT IT REALLY SLOWS DOWN WAITING FOR ADS TO LOAD. :cool:

diburning
01-30-2008, 03:53 PM
if you have Internet Exploder 7 or firefox and have a mouse with a wheel on it or a mouse with 3 buttons, clicking with the wheel or middle mouse button will open a link in a new tab or window.

There is also an option in both browsers to force all links that open in new windows to open in a new tab.

There really isn't anything Mark can do to make it open in a new tab. If he starts doing popups, overreactive popup blockers will kill them.

Skiboy
01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
"Wheel Click", and it worked!! Thanks Meeps!

marli
01-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I've got a trackball mouse, so the 'wheel click' only gives me a scroll option. And like Beth, I usually right click to open a link, but sometimes I forget. I just wanted to put it out there to see if it may be a forum option as a whole.

Smiles, marli

diburning
01-30-2008, 07:11 PM
I've got a trackball mouse, so the 'wheel click' only gives me a scroll option. And like Beth, I usually right click to open a link, but sometimes I forget. I just wanted to put it out there to see if it may be a forum option as a whole.

Smiles, marli
it works with trackball mice too. Just make sure that your mouse is over a link when you wheel click.

You can also go into your control panel and change your wheel click settings.