PDA

View Full Version : Kind of newbie

sanjon
02-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi, I'm John, and i've lurked here now and then, but now I need your expertise!!. I'm planning about getting my first Trickle Wet/Dry fresh water system, but I know nothing about them. In fact, in checking them out at the various Aquarium sites, I'm bewildered to say the least, with all the brands, varities, options, and prices!! Where do I start? I want to have the tank be a 65 to 75 gallon freshwater acrylic tank, with drilling on the bottom, and trikle system underneath. Also, I want to have extra capicty filtration, if that's possible with Wet/Dry systems....eg 75 gal tank with 500 gal p/h Trickle filtration, is that possible? Do I have to have my tank drilled, or do they come precut already? And how many holes do I need to have, what size? Are the holes standard size, whatever that is? Is there a Trikle W/D filter that has all the options included already, such as the prefilter, sump, pump, scimmer, etc etc. I've noticed all the additional options, and I've no idea what they're for, or what the do?? Oh, yes, I want all of this to fit under the tank in a stand....duh!! So, any information would greatly be appreciated!!! I think you can I'm challenged!!

Thanks!!

John

river11
02-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Hello welcome. As far as your filtration, why don't you just hang an aquaclear 110 on the back of the tank and for less than 70.00 call it good. My thoughts are keep it simple and inexpensive and you'll last longer in the hobby.
Mike
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3579+3608+3610&pcatid=3610

Skiboy
02-11-2008, 08:35 PM
or upgrade a few bucks and use a canister filter?

fourc
02-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi if i had to ,i purchase 2 Eheim 2217 , now i have on all my tank,s the Eheim Classic 2217-37 on a 120 gallon tank i have 2 of the 2217 it is great because you change and clean one at the time and don't have to worry to interrupt your good bacteria culture in your tank ,check them out ,there are less $$$ wise filter,s around but i use only Eheim good luck if you need more help cycling or what ever send me an email i gladly help you Fish Pal Klaus .