PDA

View Full Version : Lurker saying Hi, and have question

sanjon
02-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Hello everyone, I've been a luker for awhile now, so thought I would come out and say a big "Hello". In the past I've bought some vy nice fish from here, and I'm hoping I will have similar opportunity again!

Anyhow, I've a question of anyone that's familiar with the Marineland Eclipse Filter Illumination System 3 for a 40 gallon seaclear Tall or similar Eclipse system. I want to buy the 40 Tall Seaclear with Marineland Eclipse cover system, (Space pre-requisites confine me to this size) but I want to know, (before I buy) if the cover/system has any slots, ports, openings in the rear, that will allow me to add additional filtration i.e..Canister filter or a outside power filter. I've checked local Pet Shops for this same size system, and there were none. I did see similar systems, but all were for much smaller tanks, and only one had a single port opening.

Anyways, I would appreciate any information you know anything about this system!!

Thanks!

John

beth
02-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Not familiar with that exact model but one of the gripes some have with Eclipse covers is a lack of space to add things on the back. There should be a rather small piece which can be removed but I would not count on there being much space. Probably enough to fit hoses for a canister. Not enough to add a HOTB filter.

The idea of the Eclipse is that it is a sleek all-in-one cover. Dissatisfaction comes when people want to have them be something they are not. And one thing they are not is very customizable. That model may be more flexible but I doubt it.

sanjon
02-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks Beth, I appreciate your input!! I was worried that is an issue with Eclipse. I'm not going to make any move till I see the exact model in person. I like having overfiltraion on my tanks enough to wait.

Thanks again!

John