PDA

View Full Version : March Madness 2008

douglas
02-18-2008, 06:16 PM
In about a month the March Madness 2008 College Basketball Tournament will begin.
It consists of 64(65) college basketball teams in four divisions all competing toward the crown of National Champion.
Aquabidders in general seem to enjoy college level sports competion and with this many teams there should be plenty interest here on Aquaboards.

At this time I do have a plan how to acheive all those signing-up being guaranteed a team.
There would be a sign-up starting perhaps as early as next week.
The teams would not be picks but assigned.
There would be no prize of monetary value, only recognition as the lucky winner!!
There could also be icon designition as someone who gambled and lost even though it didn't work to well last month as evidenced with swampy and pdpo.
This whole raffle style game is only intended to create a fun atmosphere and comraderie here on Aquaboards.
In the last week or so of sign-up, our Admin may be asked to swing his magic wand.

Interest, questions and suggestions please?

th3rd_leg
02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
HEY AS LONG AS I CAN PICK THE UCONN HUSKIES - I AM IN :yeah:

OTHERWISE THERE IS NO ONE ELSE WORTHY OF MY VOTE :tongue:

SORRY BUT THAT IS MY STANCE :crazy:

TO DANCE :dance: :dance: :dance:

douglas
02-20-2008, 08:54 PM
The names of the teams will be written on a piece of paper and placed in an empty 10gallon.
The names of all participants will then be placed in another empty 10gallon.
Then the drawing will begin - my assistants will be the little girl across the street and her friend; Siera and Katie.
These two will keep me honest - not that it's necessary as there will be no prize - furthermore my buyer/seller feedback declares honesty.
Already I have a blank of the four brackets and the drawing sequence will strictly be top2bottom. Meaning the first pick will be a #1 seed and the second pick a #15 seed and so on.
When all the participants names have been exhausted, they will all be placed back in the 10gallon and the process will continue until all positions/brackets have been filled.

The system is full of flaws I know folks, it's srewy but whats cool about it the hilarious combinations possible and the possibilites of being assigned the most ridiculous/impossible chance of a win.
I've actually used this system one year and it was a barrel of laughs.

So third_leg there is no way of guarannteeing you or anybody else the Univ of Conneticut but don't worry about it as fun is the one thing guaranteed. Besides it's free.

Fishhawk
02-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Sounds good to me, I don't follow College Basketball so random drawing is as good as picking for me. Lets do it.

th3rd_leg
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Ok I guess I am down with your Game Doug:)

Luis

AmazonMoosey
02-21-2008, 12:07 PM
In about a month the March Madness 2008 College Basketball Tournament will begin.
It consists of 64(65) college basketball teams in four divisions all competing toward the crown of National Champion.
Aquabidders in general seem to enjoy college level sports competion and with this many teams there should be plenty interest here on Aquaboards.

At this time I do have a plan how to acheive all those signing-up being guaranteed a team.
There would be a sign-up starting perhaps as early as next week.
The teams would not be picks but assigned.
There would be no prize of monetary value, only recognition as the lucky winner!!
There could also be icon designition as someone who gambled and lost even though it didn't work to well last month as evidenced with swampy and pdpo.
This whole raffle style game is only intended to create a fun atmosphere and comraderie here on Aquaboards.
In the last week or so of sign-up, our Admin may be asked to swing his magic wand.

Interest, questions and suggestions please?
Sounds like the two young ladies will keep you honest. :thumbsup:

Okay count me in. I know nothing about college basketball except it puts me to sleep. Maybe this will fix that discrepancy in me. :popcorn:

The only thing I take exception to is the statement "There could also be icon designition as someone who gambled and lost even though it didn't work to well last month as evidenced with swampy and pdpo." It worked VERY WELL between two friends that had a blast funning with each other and the rest of us being able to laugh and enjoy their friendly banter. :snicker:

The rest of your idea could be fun - just depends on how it is presented, I guess.

ucdxmisty
02-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm in even though I don't care for basketball. It is better than foot ball though. :tongue:

Pam

Pearlgirl
02-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I know absolutely NOTHING about basketball, other than it puts me to sleep :zzz:, but what the heck, count me in.

ijedic
02-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Sounds like fun Guy, I'm in.

BlueRamBarb
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Count me in Douglas!! although I don't know if we can top Swampy and Pam, but it sounds like a lot of fun!!!! :thumbsup:

douglas
02-21-2008, 08:07 PM
thank you all
early next week I'll get a sign-up sheet rolling
Selection Sunday: March 16, 2008 If I remember right the selection committee begins early on Sunday evening.
the sign-up sheet would be closed on the afternoon of the 16th or until we acheive 64 participants.
I'll find one of the PDF programs we talked about recently.

CoryLoachFreak
02-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey Guy,

Count me in sir. Sounds like fun. :yeah: Let me ask you a question though sir:....... Does your mind ever stop thinking? Your brain must get tired of all the different things going on in it all the time. :wink2:

Lets make it more interesting if everyone would like : ................ I'll think of a cool prize for first place, and I'll ship it free. Lets see a vote of hands on this thought.

Jeff
CoryLoachFreak

P.S. Pam (PDPO) is excluded if she wins 1st place. :rofl: Just teasin' ya hun. :wink:

douglas
02-26-2008, 02:47 AM
Hey Guy,

Count me in sir. Sounds like fun. :yeah: Let me ask you a question though sir:....... Does your mind ever stop thinking? Your brain must get tired of all the different things going on in it all the time. :wink2:

Lets make it more interesting if everyone would like : ................ I'll think of a cool prize for first place, and I'll ship it free. Lets see a vote of hands on this thought.

Jeff
CoryLoachFreak

P.S. Pam (PDPO) is excluded if she wins 1st place. :rofl: Just teasin' ya hun. :wink:
Hi Jeff - hope all is well
Really I had hoped to keep this free from anything of monetary value.
It'll be so screwy and this will require intense concentration from me that I don't want to be burdened with prizes.
However if folks start clamoring for prizes, then I'll officially make you president of the Prize Department.
Sounds like a viable solution - how do you feel about it?

CoryLoachFreak
02-26-2008, 10:30 PM
As President, I will look to you for my next memo sir