PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!!

DLW777
02-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi there, Just thought I'd drop a quick note to say hi and introduce myself before I post a fish question in another area. Anyway, I have been buying off of Aquabid for the past year or so and I have been 99% satisfied with the sellers here. I currently have 4 fish tanks and have a very real love of fish keeping although I only keep fish that I can keep alive.

I live in Minnesota with my husband, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and about 70 or so fish give or take a little. I also like live plants although again, I only keep those that I can keep alive. I also happen to be a big dog lover and I currently volunteer at the local Humane Society walking dogs and keeping them socialized so they don't go stir crazy in their kennels all day. I also answer dog behavior questions for people. I also have a big love of gardening and houseplants. Once again, I only keep what I can keep alive-do you see a theme here?

That's about all I can say about myself right now. Thanks for reading/listening and I am sure I will talk to you again.

Deanna

tropicalangels
02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi Deanna nice to meet you :smile: JoAnna

Skiboy
02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
You "NEED" some birds, otherwise you will fit right in! Welcome.

DLW777
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
About birds. No can do. My dogs would kill anything small and furry or feathery which is why I can't keep birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc. Otherwise, I would. My dogs are lab crosses and love to chase rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks and anything else that dares come into our yard. They have brought live rabbits to me unharmed and have trapped numerous chipmunks up the drainpipe from our gutters. They bark and bark until I have to put them inside so the poor critters can escape. Surprisingly, The have no trouble with the cats and the cats can curl up right next to them and they don't do a thing-it is pretty cute!! Anyway, I love animals way too much to stress them out with my big dogs breathing down their necks.

lotsoffish
02-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the forums.

SassyRatDog
02-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Welcome Deanna! I am a fellow Minnesotan! No birds...but one spoiled Rat Terrier dog named Sassy, and over a hundred fish in eight tanks if you count the 50 or so guppy fry I had drop 14 days ago. I'd love to be able to connect with more MN people...what part of the state are you from?

:popcorn: Join the crowd!
((HUGS))BTW, I'm from central MN.

Linda

Is there ever any fish events in MN? If so, it would be cool to get everyone together. I am jealous of other events and people who get the chance to meet fellow posters.

MADMIKE
02-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Deanna,enjoy

DLW777
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi Sassy, I live the twin cities metro area and it is nice to meet you. I don't know of any fish events around here but I do know there is a Minnesota Aquarium Society that meets every once in awhile and they have fish auctions and other get togethers.

Mossfreak
02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Deanna..glad to have you aboard!! And welcome from White Bear Lake!! Chuck

DLW777
02-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes and hi Chuck and Linda. It is nice to meet fellow Minnesotans but it is also nice to meet everyone else as well. I have read some of the posts and you are a very cool group of people. Talk to you again soon.

Deanna

Swampy
02-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the forums, Deanna.
If you want, I'll be happy to send you a lil Swampgator to keep the dogs occupied while you enjoy the birds.

Swampy
:snicker:

DLW777
02-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Swampy, I don't know what a swampgator is but thank you for the offer. At this point our house is too small for any more pets so even if my dogs didn't try to eat it, birds are out for now and any other small furries. Maybe some day............