PDA

View Full Version : Ok so I skipped this part

Nabobmob1
03-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Yea so I kinda skipped the intro and went straight to Purgatory, did not pass go, did not collect $200. :lol2:

I'm Matt form SE Wisconsin

I started the addiction a few years back when a friend gave away a 75. But I grew up around fish, My Parents owned a Tropical Fish store in a Mall in Germantown. I was pretty young and a lot of the basic knowlage was forgotten.

So I setup the 75 backwards as most beginners do, act first, read later you know the drill. So I tore it down and started again full planted and nice schools of LFS tetras and a few other odds and ends. My LFS is pretty small and only carries bread and butter basics so I'd go to Milwaukee for a lot of my stuff. I try to support local business when I can so most of my supplies come from the LFS. I now have a real good relationship with them if I want it and they can get it they will, no problems.

Anyway enough of that tangent, Slowly I noticed fish fattening up in the tank, and a first spawn, Peacock Gungen SP. then corys. I felt bad because most of the fry/eggs get eaten so I bought another tank, and another, and another.

So now I'm up to 15 tanks ranging form multiple 75g to 2.5g in my tiny 800 sqft condo and am trying not to give the downstairs neighbors cathedral ceilings :laugh:

Though I'm sure most of you have stopped reading my ramblings by now heres what I'm currently breeding:

Emerald corys, badis badis, Celebes halfbeaks, and am trying to get LFBN and Panda corys to go. I'm always trying something new looking for something I'm real successful with that might support my addiction.

Any questions feel free to ask,

Matt

marli
03-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Hiya Bomb, welcome to this forum as well! See ya in Purg!

Smiles, marli

imakettle
03-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I didn't think your name was bmob :whistle:
Welcome to Payton Place forums :thumbsup:
SueM

Nabobmob1
03-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Nabob was where I grew up, and the mob was all us neighborhood kids, thus the Nabob Mob was born.

be afraid of the mob, be very afraid :grin:

GenGen
03-22-2008, 02:37 PM
welcome to the madness, mayhem, and chaos (psst= pete's the mayhem, baylee's the chaos and hmm ski's the madness lol j/k)