PDA

View Full Version : New to aquaboard

rodriga
09-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm new to aquaboard and aquabid, but I'm not new to the hobby. I've been in the hobby for 30 years.I have lots of plants and am slowly stocking up a 55 gal. with cyprinds and plecos.

I am curious why a certain fish seller on aquabid does not respond to emails after a winning bid has been made. What is funny is that he answered a question prior to my bid, pronto. I went ahead and sent him money for some rosy barbs. Hope I don't get burned. His name is randy weir and his user name is rweird. From Hawaii. hope he is legit. He has only one negative out of 120 transactions, so I think I'm ok.

My only other transactions have been with blueram06 and they have been great. Great fish, great service and great communications.

I'm still feeling myself through buying fish online from individuals. So maybe, not responding to emails after winning bids is acceptable here.It sure wouldn't fly at ebay. Anyway, here I am.

bozzle
09-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey Rodriga - Welcome to AB and the boards!

Things will probably be fine with your purchase based on the sellers feedback - how long has it been since you paid and last heard from him?
Did you mail a payment or was it instant with Paypal?

Things happen. Computers crash, emergencies arise, but I know it's tough when you are waiting and have sent off your money already.

rodriga
09-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Hey Rodriga - Welcome to AB and the boards!

Things will probably be fine with your purchase based on the sellers feedback - how long has it been since you paid and last heard from him?
Did you mail a payment or was it instant with Paypal?

Things happen. Computers crash, emergencies arise, but I know it's tough when you are waiting and have sent off your money already.
The auction closed on 9/17. I sent an email confirming total cost, no reply. I sent another on 9/19, no reply. Since he posted the shipping cost in the auction, I went ahead and paypal'ed his account and sent another email yesterday. Still no reply. He says he ships on mondays, so I will expect the fish on Wednesday.

I did give him the option to just refund the money if he doesn't want to go through the auction transaction. But he has not replied to that either. If I get the fish on wednesday, I'll be happy. Maybe he's just shy.:wink:

BlueRam06
09-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Dont worry, Randy is one of the nicest guys you can deal with. He's a good honest man and I know you will get your fish.
Again, welcome to Aquabid and the boards. And don't forget to check out our cyprinids. :whistle:
Jay

Soft Spot for Fish/Dogs
09-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Welcome to Aquabid.

On eBay one has three business days to reply. Have been on there since Feb.1998. Even there, have had people not respond but just send the package out, though out the years. Do 99.9% buying on Aquabid now - :bow:

Think here it is seven days to reply. Not saying right or wrong. But sometimes things happen that a person can not reply right away.

Also, If HI, they are 3 hours behind west coast, 4 hours mountain time, 5 hours central time, 6 hours eastern time.

The one time I did buy something from HI, because of the time difference, it did not arrive on the third day but the fourth day. But all made it great. But, that happens here also. Post Office does not always deliver on the third day mark for Priority.

So again, welcome, and maybe person had something happen. Do not know person, or have bought from them but please give person a little more time. When you asked the question they could have been on their computer at that time.

rodriga
09-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I figured all was on the up and up, and I do know that things happen. I'll relax and wait for my fish.