PDA

View Full Version : Mark this place needs to relax and lighten up man!

AIRSTONED
09-22-2008, 06:31 AM
How about a category for the people here who are not always politically correct and not so anal.
You know like a real grownup place. You could even place a warning on the category like.
"If you are offended by real people talking in real time about real issues using real talk dont enter". Kinda like a mini Perg. only forum stile not chat. Call it the gossip thread ADULTS ONLY!
This place needs to lighten up. Look at all the good REAL people who have suspended or ban from this site because they didnt have a place to vent.
I think it would help the site to let people unbutton the top of their shirts and not be so politically correct all the time. I bet it would have more hits than any category in the forum.
And the people who dont want to participate wouldn't even have to go there. But I bet they would!

Just a thought.

RMC
09-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Call it.......

The Banned Wagon :laugh:

:king:

bozzle
09-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Here we go. :coffee:

You were gone for what, six months? Two weeks after you come back you want to fix the place. It's fine the way it is.

Why do I have the feeling that you just want a place where you can be as nasty and insulting as you want without fear of being banned. Start your own blog and rant all you want. Everyone here manages to get their ideas across and stay civil - if that bores you find a different site.

AIRSTONED
09-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Great idea Boz. But you need your facts checked. Heck I have been back for over 2 months! And I had no trouble NONE! I was minding my own business not bothering no one until oh Pete had to open the can. So tell him to be civilized and we all can.
Oh I forgot the rules don't apply to Mr. Mang. I sorry I forgot that fact.

It was just a suggestion nothing more nothing less. Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill for crying out loud. Calm down.

This is just the thing Im talking about. If there was a place such as I described, You and the others that are so anal wouldn't have to go there! But you know as well as I do you would be rite in the middle of the action like always.

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Here we go. :coffee:

You were gone for what, six months? Two weeks after you come back you want to fix the place. It's fine the way it is.

Why do I have the feeling that you just want a place where you can be as nasty and insulting as you want without fear of being banned. Start your own blog and rant all you want. Everyone here manages to get their ideas across and stay civil - if that bores you find a different site.
:bigthumbsup:

RMC
09-22-2008, 09:24 AM
I like hearing Jeffs point of view. I don't always agree with it but I'm not going to support it being censored. That would taking the Radical Republican Approach like Germany did in the early 1940's.

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I like hearing Jeffs point of view. I don't always agree with it but I'm not going to support it being censored. That would taking the Radical Republican Approach like Germany did in the early 1940's.

I didn't see here or anywhere Bozzle said to censor.

I see where she said she saw no reason for change here.

But I am sure she liked your comparison to Hitler. :thumbsdown:

bozzle
09-22-2008, 09:48 AM
:gickle: Thanks Moosey, but I'm a lot thicker skinned than that. Maybe ignorance is bliss - I just always assume that people couldn't possibly mean to be insulting to me. I took it more as a dig against Republicans but let's not go there :laugh:

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 10:05 AM
:paper:

Uhhhh DUUUUH!! :v8:

I forgot that the phrase Nazi is just a watered down term anymore around here.

My Bad! Carry on!

AIRSTONED
09-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Number one it was just a suggestion. No harm intended!
Number two it wouldn't be a change at all for the people who didn't chose to participate. RITE?
Number three see how fast you two girls made this little post into a drama? Its hilarious!
Its call the freedom of choice. If a drama queen dont want to participate then the forums wouldnt change.
But I know both you girls would be rite in there being the drama queens you are.
I have been here 4 years now and you two always have something negative to say.
No biggie its human nature to try to place ones self above others by belittling them.
I learned a long time ago dont try to make yourself look good by making someone else look bad.

Just lighten up a little, It was just a suggestion and if you didnt want to join you wouldnt have to.

No harm intended... :surrender:

pdpo222
09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Sounds good to me....don't have to go there. Don't know what all the uproar is about. Was a suggestion, that's all...no more...no less.

RMC
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
I just put that in to see if Moosey would bite. I never would have dreamed it would be so easy. :tongue: Can I have my hook back now? :gickle:

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I just put that in to see if Moosey would bite. I never would have dreamed it would be so easy. :tongue: Can I have my hook back now? :gickle:

Yep, I don't change. I don't believe Nazism is a watered down term and I don't believe in people bandying it around like it is. You know that from past times it has been done on these forums.

I didn't like the term as a child, as a teen and I sure the hell don't like it now. It has no more place in our language with each other than the other "n" word.

Just as the "c" word for females has no place in our language or in discussions with each other. I already know many of you don't agree; that's your choice.

My belief in these things don't change. The End.

RMC
09-22-2008, 11:37 AM
MEOOooooow! Pssssft Psssssft

I didn't use the "N" word or the "C" word. Try the decaf.

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
MEOOooooow! Pssssft Psssssft

I didn't use the "N" word or the "C" word. Try the decaf.

:lol2: Quit spitting all over yerself - or at least use a towel. :snicker: I like real beef - don't believe in eating calves. So you try "d calf".

I never said you did use em. Just said they have no place in speaking with each other. Whattatryintodo? Run for Chairman of DisInformation?

Sides - isn't what is wanted in the original post exactly why you created Purgatory? I hear it is a very busy place. GREAT! So - Why have duplication? From what I have heard, that's exactly what Purgatory is for. I would hate to see Barnett take over something you have worked so hard to create. Purgatory is used as an extension of here - and many advertise it as such for use with the forums, SNE, etc.

Why canna the original poster use Purgatory, where some choose not to go.

RMC
09-22-2008, 12:06 PM
You don't go there so what are you basing your opinion on? If fact, I don't recall seeing most of the folks that say they don't care for Purgatory ever being in Purgatory so I have no idea what you folks are talking about.

That's pretty much like saying Why don't you stay in Geezer Chat if you don't like what is posted here.......... isn't it? :tongue:

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
You don't go there so what are you basing your opinion on? If fact, I don't recall seeing most of the folks that say they don't care for Purgatory ever being in Purgatory so I have no idea what you folks are talking about.

That's pretty much like saying Why don't you stay in Geezer Chat if you don't like what is posted here.......... isn't it? :tongue:

Where did it say in my post I don't care for Purgatory?

:rofl: I care very much for Purgatory...........way over there. :gickle: You've never seen me complain about not getting in - only turning down invitations to go in.

The last time I was at Purgatory forums was quite a while ago - but you made the forums member only so I didn't go anymore. Yeahbut wasn't posting here and I like reading Yeahbut posts, usually.

Geezer Chat - you took the Geezer forums away a long time ago or they were lost with the domain name problems. So comparing isn't really a comparison at all.

But that's okay - you're forgiven for have gotten it wrong....again....:gickle:

If Purgatory still has forums where all is allowed - and it is still no holds barred - why canna the original poster go there? Why is there a need of duplication? Purgatory is used as an extension of here still for many other sections and parts of Aqua Bid and Aqua Boards.

Awwww MAN! You mean all this was just a ploy to get people interested again to use the Purgatory forums instead of here? Dang and I fell for it! You win that one! :bigboss:

lotsoffish
09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Every time I go to Geezer chat the place is empty.

I think Airhead just wants a place to accuse me of wife beating and pedophilia.

Here is as good a place as any.

It doesn't bother me because it's not true.

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Every time I go to Geezer chat the place is empty..
An advanced warning system was installed.

RMC
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
No part of Purgatory is Members Only and never was. Unless you consider registering as a Members Only ploy? Geez, talk about a spin technique :laugh:

No part of Purgatory is an extension of AquaBid and never was. Unless you consider folks using both sites as some kind of conspiracy? Geez, talk about a spin technique :crazy:

It appears that you want more folks to use the Purgatory Forum and you're trying to blame me? Geez, talk about a spin technique :crazy:

Besides, Jeff just made a simple suggestion which he should be allowed to do and you've turned it into your own crusade of whatever you are crusading for. What exactly are you crusading for? :tongue:

RMC
09-22-2008, 12:44 PM
An advanced warning system was installed.
It's a high-tech system Pete but if you paypal me $50 I'll tell you how to get around the radar undetected. :gickle:

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
No part of Purgatory is Members Only and never was. Unless you consider registering as a Members Only ploy? Geez, talk about a spin technique :laugh:

No part of Purgatory is an extension of AquaBid and never was. Unless you consider folks using both sites as some kind of conspiracy? Geez, talk about a spin technique :crazy:

It appears that you want more folks to use the Purgatory Forum and you're trying to blame me? Geez, talk about a spin technique :crazy:

Besides, Jeff just made a simple suggestion which he should be allowed to do and you've turned it into your own crusade of whatever you are crusading for. What exactly are you crusading for? :tongue:

How do you know I wasn't paypal'd 50.00 just to keep you out of the politic section for a while? :rofl:

I do appreciate the moolah though - there's almost a tank of gas! :yeah:

lotsoffish
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
What exactly are you crusading for? :tongue:

To get the Repubicans OUT OF POWER. :gickle:

lotsoffish
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM

How do you know I wasn't paypal'd 50.00 just to keep you out of the politic section for a while? :rofl:

I do appreciate the moolah though - there's almost a tank of gas! :yeah:

That was a waste of 50 bucks. I don't need RMC over there.

RMC
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Ya, Pete kicked Republican Butt all on his own this weekend while I was away campaigning for change. :laugh:

Sit
09-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Ya, Pete kicked Republican Butt all on his own this weekend while I was away campaigning for change. :laugh:

and I'll pan handel for change........

ijedic
09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Once upon a time, a long time ago Purgatory forums got spam-botted. I don't remember exactly when, but when that happened, I fixed it to where you have to be logged in to post. I can unfix it, if you would like me to. I thought Jeff was already a member at the Purgatory forums?

RMC
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
There's nothing to fix. The ones complaining are not the ones that go to Purgatory. I don't even know what they're complaining about. Maybe they just complain about everything. Would it be appropriate for us to complain about the complainers? Hmmmmm. :laugh:

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Once upon a time, a long time ago Purgatory forums got spam-botted. I don't remember exactly when, but when that happened, I fixed it to where you have to be logged in to post. I can unfix it, if you would like me to.
Nah, that is the way y'all are happy with it. There are very few forums I go to where you have to register to even read. Never made sense to me to have to register to read a public forum- so I don't bother.

Yeahbut now posts again over here, so there is no need for me really to go there now. Sides, RMC is running out of people to complain about - :lol2: - this gives him pseudo logistical reasoning if I just stay here!

RMC
09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, you've never heard me complain that you don't come to Purgatory have you? I just don't understand the basis for your complaints. It's just a small location in cyberspace. There's nothing magical or evil about it. Maybe, you just don't like the people that come there to chat? I think maybe it would a great idea if I round everyone up and we'll pay a visit to Fellowship Chat so we can rub elbows and get acquaited. :hug:

AmazonMoosey
09-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Well, you've never heard me complain that you don't come to Purgatory have you?
Your Kool-Aid must be watered down by now. It's really getting weak.

Who said anything about you? Oh...that's right...

YOU did! Have fun, RMC!

lotsoffish
09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, you've never heard me complain that you don't come to Purgatory have you? I just don't understand the basis for your complaints. It's just a small location in cyberspace. There's nothing magical or evil about it. Maybe, you just don't like the people that come there to chat? I think maybe it would a great idea if I round everyone up and we'll pay a visit to Fellowship Chat so we can rub elbows and get acquaited. :hug:

That sounds like fun. We can talk politics with that BB guy. :snicker:

AIRSTONED
09-22-2008, 06:07 PM

No thats why I quit going to Purgatory. Every time I visited it was always the Pete and Sue soap opera. Sheila and I just got sick of grown people hashing out their problems in a public chat. Now you call her a lie about everything she said? So what was the point of hanging out there listening to a bunch of so called lies?

Look people this thread was just a suggestion nothing more nothing less. I appreciate the support of the people who like the idea and to the people who dont like the idea I thank you for your input to.
Im just confused? If a person dont like a room why would they go there? And to just flat out say NO, well that just takes away from the people who like and want the room. Two people out of the whole community mess it up for all? WOW talk about communist.

Swampy
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM

That sounds like fun. We can talk politics with that BB guy. :snicker:
:rofl:

lotsoffish
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM

No thats why I quit going to Purgatory. Every time I visited it was always the Pete and Sue soap opera. Sheila and I just got sick of grown people hashing out their problems in a public chat. Now you call her a lie about everything she said? So what was the point of hanging out there listening to a bunch of so called lies?

Look people this thread was just a suggestion nothing more nothing less. I appreciate the support of the people who like the idea and to the people who dont like the idea I thank you for your input to.
Im just confused? If a person dont like a room why would they go there? And to just flat out say NO, well that just takes away from the people who like and want the room. Two people out of the whole community mess it up for all? WOW talk about communist.
I didn't call anyone a liar.

I said I am not a wife beater or a pedophile. Someone in THIS forum has accused me of being both in the past.

As far as Purgatory goes, I have got in a COUPLE scraps with my wife there in the past year. It is not and never was "the Pete and Sue soap opera"

You know something Airhead? I seem to get along with just about everyone, everywhere except for you. I wonder why that is? Don't you? :neutral:

bozzle
09-22-2008, 06:29 PM
"Two people out of the whole community mess it up for all? WOW talk about communist." And I'm a drama queen :gickle:

UNCLERICK666
09-22-2008, 06:51 PM
:thinking: MY OLD BRAIN SEEMS TO REMEMBER PURGATORY GOT STARTED AFTER THESE FORUMS GOT "CHASTISED" AND AND MANY OF US WERE ON SUSPENTION OR IN
"PURGATORY" AND NEEDED A PLACE YO VENT

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/unclerick666/purgatory.jpg

diburning
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM

Am I allowed back yet?

TBS_Dave
09-22-2008, 07:43 PM

Am I allowed back yet?
You promise to behave?

Fish_Freak
09-22-2008, 07:47 PM
I know this may sound stupid but what is Purgatory i keep hearing about it and i don't have the slightest clue on what everyone is talking about.

lotsoffish
09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Am I allowed back yet?
If you have to ask, you probably ain't ready to come back yet. :gickle:

marli
09-23-2008, 04:07 AM
You promise to behave?
That was a joke, right? Who behaves in Purgatory?

I know this may sound stupid but what is Purgatory i keep hearing about it and i don't have the slightest clue on what everyone is talking about.
Purgatory is a forum and chat room that folks hang out in at night. Some like it, some don't. There are no rules, even if Pete likes to say there are. Only requirement would be a thick skin. So if you are brave, here's the link:

http://www.rmc-aquatic.com/purgatory/

Folks are usually there around 9pm. Stop by some night!

Smiles, marli