PDA

View Full Version : OK, SO...... HOW ABOUT THIS ?

UNCLERICK666
11-11-2008, 02:43 AM
:thinking: I WAS THINKING (A RARE EVENT THESE DAYS)
AND IT CAME TO ME THAT MOST OF THE TIME
SATURDAY NIGHT EXPRESS COMES VERY EARLY IN THE MONTH.
WHICH MEANS FOLKS ALREADY SPENT THERE MONEY ON RENT, FOOD, KIDS, AND STUFF.
AND ARE SHORT OF CASH :cry:.

I'D LIKE TO SUGGEST THAT STARTING IN JANUARY WE MAKE IT THE 3RD SATURDAY INSTEAD OF THE SECOND :type:.

I SAY START IN JANUARY BECAUSE THE SATURDAY (THE 13 TH)
BEFORE CHRISTMAS WOULD BE A DUD. CASH WISE AND FOLKS ARE USUALLY BUSY ELSE WHERE. FUN WISE. :santa:

MONEY FOR CHRISTMAS, CHANUKA, QUANZA ECT. (SP.) WAS ALREADY SPENT.:snicker:

I WOULDN'T BE OPPOSED TO A HOLLIDAY PARTY IN CHAT SAY STARTING ON THE 13 TH AND ENDING ON :dance: :popcorn: THE 30 TH. :dance:

dijim
11-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Maybe people are out on Saturday night spending their money on dinner, movies, beer, and stuff?

Pandora82977
11-11-2008, 07:50 AM
SNE used to be a really great time to find deals. Now I can't even log in or look at the auctions! The site freezes up to often.

:Sigh: I sure miss the old SNE...

amherst62
11-12-2008, 06:34 PM
SNE used to be a really great time to find deals. Now I can't even log in or look at the auctions! The site freezes up to often.

:Sigh: I sure miss the old SNE...
I ran into some of the same issues and Marli promised she had things tuned up, apparently back to the drawing board.:wall:

marli
11-12-2008, 07:07 PM
You just came at the wrong times. It was working just great while I was here! Sorry kids!

Smiles, marli

diburning
11-12-2008, 07:41 PM
I've been missing SNE for the past couple of months due to other stuff that I need to do (and work)

Moving it might be a good idea although I will probably be busy then too.

Why don't we have a Monday Madness auction?

GenGen
11-12-2008, 11:09 PM
would love one diburning.. i might actualy be able to make one of those lol since i work the weekends.

AIRSTONED
11-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Whats wrong with having SNE every Saturday? That way no one misses it.
But then again the suggestion came from me so it must stink. LOL
:tongue:

UNCLERICK666
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
:thinking: HAVEING IT EVERY SATURDAY WOULD MAKE IT LESS "SPECIAL" :smile:

ijedic
11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
The SNE lost its "SPECIAL" a long time ago when the site started seizing up each SNE. The only way to resuscitate it is to fix the technical problems.

marli
11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
The SNE lost its "SPECIAL" a long time ago when the site started seizing up each SNE. The only way to resuscitate it is to fix the technical problems.
Agreed. But I think there is more to it than that. Even having a new site that worked flawlessly every single Saturday didn't really fix it. Frank pretty much showed us all what was possible, and not too many took advantage of it.

Maybe Beth was right when she posted that SNE had died. I know folks don't want to think it, I know I didn't. Heck, I was the first poster to tell her she was wrong! Hindsight being as clear as it always is, she was right, I was wrong.

http://www.aquaboards.com/viewtopic.php?id=695

Maybe it's time to let it die and try something else. Something new.

Smiles, marli

amherst62
11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Agreed. But I think there is more to it than that. Even having a new site that worked flawlessly every single Saturday didn't really fix it. Frank pretty much showed us all what was possible, and not too many took advantage of it.

Maybe Beth was right when she posted that SNE had died. I know folks don't want to think it, I know I didn't. Heck, I was the first poster to tell her she was wrong! Hindsight being as clear as it always is, she was right, I was wrong.

http://www.aquaboards.com/viewtopic.php?id=695

Maybe it's time to let it die and try something else. Something new.

Smiles, marli
Shannon said it best, Beth predicted it a year ago, and Marli you see it too. Until it functions properly, sellers aren't going to commit to $1 start auctions, and you can't blame them, most took several beatings and gave up. Even Pete had a $50 start on a couple of auctions the last SNE, and you can't blame him. Since there really aren't great deals to be had, not as many buyers. So until we get an alls clear from Mark, SNE will never return as it did before , no matter what day it is held on.

RMC
11-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Please define "great deals".

:king:

Goober
11-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Now ya went and got Taps playing inside my head..........:confused:

ijedic
11-14-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.civilwarartillery.com/sounds/taps.wav

amherst62
11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Please define "great deals".

:king:
I will give examples of them, in my opinion, Baylees auctions were great deals, especially the microsword auctions. He started them low, had alot of bids on them, they were fun and a great deal. I believe I also got a great deal on bayleesbetterbottom..I think 2 of those.

Bruce would run nice angel auctions from time to time on SNE, those were a great deal.

Shannon would run the betta cell auctions, won those several times, she also sold nice plants, those also were a great deal.

Thats a few that I remember, I could look through my purchases and check, I know alot have been done on SNE. I don't define a great deal when a seller starts an opening bid very low, then the site locks up to where no one else can bid.