PDA

View Full Version : Ages of bettas for sale?

gasteriaphile
11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I am interested to buying a betta by mail order over in the AquaBid site.
I have been told that age is important in buying.
But I notice that the sellers on AquaBid don't give ages.
Is that because it should be assumed that all fish for sale are young?
Or did this just fall thru the cracks? Or ?
Thanks, BB

GenGen
11-19-2008, 02:17 AM
almost every auction i've seen listed mentions its age.. most are around 4 months old unless otherwise specified

but hey i could be wrong *shrugs*

gasteriaphile
11-19-2008, 09:47 AM
b]Hey GenGen, thanks for the reply. The two largest/most frequent sellers don't give ages currently. Are you a "betta-phile" yourself? Where in Idaho are you? I'm just opposite Coeur d'Alene in eastern Washington. Breck[/b]

GenGen
11-19-2008, 01:37 PM
just an hour up river from lewiston. stones throw from ya.

i have bettas yes, have had them for oh about 7 years now.

gasteriaphile
11-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Upriver? Well how about this? just tell me the community nearest you and I'll find it on the map. I am seeking to buy a healthy, young, male, veiltail but am having a devil of a time doing this on-line. There is, so far, no real breeder that sells and that has either 1) an active site, or 2) a site and sales method that is convenient, or 3) fish I can afford (one person has a great site and good method of selling, and I was all ready to buy when I found out she wants $60 per fish, not including shipping!).
Thanks, Breck

GenGen
11-19-2008, 08:04 PM
i have to buy my bettas in lewiston. there are no known breeders near me. and i can't afford the shipping fees to buy online bettas yet but i'm hoping lol. i have in the past adopted some bettas from folks i knew in the past- just giving away ones they had extra of or couldn't keep and i paid shipping. but that wasn't very often and back when shipping and gas was cheaper.

Crackedglass
11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
I have some great 3 mo. old betta fry from fantastic stock on auction on auction right now http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwmixed&1227660681 Lovel/Crackedglass

GenGen
11-20-2008, 01:32 AM
ooh i almost did CG, but my filter just went and now i have to replace the motor (cries) its cheaper then buying a new one.. i hope.. (aquaclear 70)

and yes, they are beauts! any double tails that i may drool over and wish for? :)

Crackedglass
11-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Nope GenGen not yet, maybe there is, no don't know for sure their are to many to tell, but I have not seen any, I would like sell a bunch off .... I hate jaring that many fish, that is so much work with a full spawn, not bad with a few fish ......... Lovel/Crackedglass

GenGen
11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
i know- i keep looking at the group photo and just love the copper sheen :)