PDA

View Full Version : Violation report page not working

Iggy
03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Seems the REport a Violation page is not working - keep getting a "Error 404 File Not Found". Status?

Coryologist
03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Seems the REport a Violation page is not working - keep getting a "Error 404 File Not Found". Status?
That's the universe telling you to mind your own business. Heed the word of the universe. Ain't you got no kids in the neighborhood to chase off your lawn?

tallyanna
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Did you report this to the MOD?
I think you should do so ASAP. :box:

RMC
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Now's our chance to run some "Fighting Betta" auctions. Your fish may be tough but my fish can eat your dog.

Edited to say we could possibly get away with some salamander and turtle auctions too.

:king:

bozzle
04-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Ooohh! RMC, do you happen to have any tattooed, fighting Macrostomas you could sell me?

Iggy
04-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Cory -so it's a crime to let Da Bossman know that someone is violating the listing policy by simultaneously listing 8 identical auctions??????

BTW, it's fixed... and the same seller did it again *grumble*

P.S. I think most of the flowerhorn auctions should be yanked also - they're chronically posting multiple identical auctions, and only changing a friggin' number tacked on the end, to "get around" the two-listing limit.
(You gonna bust my chops for disagreeing with this too???)

Skiboy
04-04-2009, 08:28 PM
I think you are a tattle tale and if I had known you in grade school I am sure I would have had to beat you up. Probably more than once.

lotsoffish
04-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Cory -so it's a crime to let Da Bossman know that someone is violating the listing policy by simultaneously listing 8 identical auctions??????

BTW, it's fixed... and the same seller did it again *grumble*

P.S. I think most of the flowerhorn auctions should be yanked also - they're chronically posting multiple identical auctions, and only changing a friggin' number tacked on the end, to "get around" the two-listing limit.
(You gonna bust my chops for disagreeing with this too???)
Are you the loser who reported me for selling newts a few years a go?

RMC
04-06-2009, 04:46 AM
Those newts were awesome. You should post them again. :king:

Iggy
04-07-2009, 06:04 PM
:mad2::mad2::mad2:

:nono:

:popcorn:
:detective:
:gickle:
:closed:

tallyanna
04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I could use some newts! :nod:
A few of those cool African frogs would be good too...:peace:

Polo10
04-10-2009, 01:33 PM
The posters who think this a is a joke make this site less user-friendly There are many people who take rules and decorum seriously. Have any of you considered that a poster making multiple identical posts could be detracting from something you are interested in? The irregular postings, including posting in a live critter auction when it's food for that critter, detracts from the site as a whole. And silly chat should be on the Silly Chat link. Members should not be out trolling for people to ridicule. :thumbsdown:

Broader participation is in the interest of AquaBid and its boards.

Coryologist
04-10-2009, 02:11 PM
The posters who think this a is a joke make this site less user-friendly There are many people who take rules and decorum seriously. Have any of you considered that a poster making multiple identical posts could be detracting from something you are interested in? The irregular postings, including posting in a live critter auction when it's food for that critter, detracts from the site as a whole. And silly chat should be on the Silly Chat link. Members should not be out trolling for people to ridicule. :thumbsdown:

You're making a funny, right? This has been going on for years.

The polar ice caps are melting, the bats and bees are dying, tens of thousands of people a day are losing their jobs, were fighting 2 wars - and the list goes on and on. I'm really not bothered by someone listing 10 auctions for 100 4x6 shipping bags.

Get a life! - Frank

P.S. SERIOUS breaches ARE reported and ARE dealt with, swiftly by Mark. We don't need the Gestapo trying to make the world, or this site, perfect - as they would like it to be. Go away. Now. Don't make me say please. I HATE having to do that.

Aquaholicman
04-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Hmmmm, so I never knew you could not post more than two identical items. :whistle: And polo10 the users that come on here and post once and only have a negative opinion to give are the posters that are useless. Although I have not been on here too long many of these posters have dedicated hours on end to helping people with problems, not only this but they have been selling and buying here for many years, what have you done to make your opinion of any value?

Skiboy
04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
She had the good judgment to buy from me, so lay off - :gickle:

Aquaholicman
04-10-2009, 04:47 PM
:gickle:

AIRSTONED
04-10-2009, 05:41 PM
So, Do you think I could sell some of my snake heads now?
:ph34r:

Polo10
04-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Hmmmm, so I never knew you could not post more than two identical items. :whistle: And polo10 the users that come on here and post once and only have a negative opinion to give are the posters that are useless. Although I have not been on here too long many of these posters have dedicated hours on end to helping people with problems, not only this but they have been selling and buying here for many years, what have you done to make your opinion of any value?
I am a member, too. I have bought and sold with success. My contention is that if there are rules they should be followed. Ignoring protocol hurts the entire site. When I sell, I have to sell the item in the right category and figure out how to post info that leads a potential bidder or buyer to my item in another category.

Aquabid is the best there is. But I have to go the other sites like AquariaCentral to communicate with serious people who are there when you need a quick response for help with anything in the hobby.

The multiple posting has gotten out of control. If that's the way the site wants, then change the rules to accomodate it. Like I said, Aquabid is the best there is. I was shocked by the attitudes in this section of the board. It looked like I could find info about Aquabid listing policies. Instead I found all of you and a ridiculous rack of smiley faces.

By the way Skiboy, the fancy guppies you sold me are are fabulous! I am extremely happy with the gold babies with red tails.

Polo10
04-11-2009, 09:56 AM

You're making a funny, right? This has been going on for years.

The polar ice caps are melting, the bats and bees are dying, tens of thousands of people a day are losing their jobs, were fighting 2 wars - and the list goes on and on. I'm really not bothered by someone listing 10 auctions for 100 4x6 shipping bags.

Get a life! - Frank

P.S. SERIOUS breaches ARE reported and ARE dealt with, swiftly by Mark. We don't need the Gestapo trying to make the world, or this site, perfect - as they would like it to be. Go away. Now. Don't make me say please. I HATE having to do that.
Cory:

You think broader participation on Aquabid is not good for the site's growth? I am quite sincere. Your message to me is insulting and immature. If all you have to do is be critical of relative newbies, then it is you who needs a life.

Skiboy
04-11-2009, 10:03 AM
By the way Skiboy, the fancy guppies you sold me are are fabulous! I am extremely happy with the gold babies with red tails.
Glad to hear it, I love those fish too. You got to understand, on this thread it's "consider the source". You and I both use AquaBid to buy and sell fish and plants which enhances our enjoyment of the hobby. I have never filled out a "Report Violation" form, and I bet you never have either. Iggy's hobby seems to be reporting violations and 90% of his posts here are about them, so it is hard to take him seriously. It was not coincidental that he would discover the "report violation" form isn't working on the new server, it was inevitable.

PS - Don't mess with Frank, Coryologist - he is one of those lovable, grumpy sorta Old Men - but he is unstable! :ohmy:

Polo10
04-11-2009, 10:08 AM
If this is a social web site, then it should be billed as such.

lotsoffish
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
These folks are not that social.

I have been hanging out here for over 7 years and I haven't made one good friend yet.

Perhaps you could be my friend?

At least until I do or say something to annoy and alienate you. That usually occurs the first time I respond to someones post around here.

Oops, to late I guess. :gickle:

Polo10
04-11-2009, 10:19 AM
These folks are not that social.

I have been hanging out here for over 7 years and I haven't made one good friend yet.

Perhaps you could be my friend?

At least until I do or say something to annoy and alienate you. That usually occurs the first time I respond to someones post around here.

Oops, to late I guess. :gickle:
Pardon me. :bow:

Polo10
04-11-2009, 10:22 AM
The listings are a few of the ones listed under Invertebrates:

MOSURA Speciality CRS Food Oblongshrimp 4/15 01:04 1 11.00
MOSURA BioPlus 25grams Oblongshrimp 4/15 01:07 1 12.00
MOSURA Shrimp Tonic Oblongshrimp 4/15 01:10 1 20.00
MOSURA Excel Oblongshrimp 4/15 01:12 1 12.50
MOSURA Mud Powder Oblongshrimp 4/15 01:16 1 7.00
Ebita Quatro Vegetarian Shrimpfood Zhima 4/15 02:09 No Bids 25.00
3 Hinomaru with f/s

Polo10
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM
So the answer is, all I have to do is list my invertebate food under Invertebrates?

lotsoffish
04-11-2009, 10:32 AM
So the answer is, all I have to do is list my invertebate food under Invertebrates?
The answer is do what ever you like and hope you don't get caught.

If you do get caught, well then pay the price.

Look, the owner of this site of well over 60 thousand members can't keep track of everything. He would need a full time staff just to answer dumb questions folks send him.

Some of the members that have no real lives, like Frank, keep a close watch for big time scammers. The rest of the "rule benders" usually get away with whatever bending they may do.

Then again it's not unheard of to get a speeding ticket doing 73 in a 65 so take your chances if you want. Just don't come crying to anyone if you get a ticket. :gickle:

PS. Wanna be "friends" now? How about a one week trial friendship just to test the waters?

Polo10
04-11-2009, 10:37 AM
The answer is do what ever you like and hope you don't get caught.

If you do get caught, well then pay the price.

Look, the owner of this site of well over 60 thousand members can't keep track of everything. He would need a full time staff just to answer dumb questions folks send him.

Some of the members that have no real lives, like Frank, keep a close watch for big time scammers. The rest of the "rule benders" usually get away with whatever bending they may do.

Then again it's not unheard of to get a speeding ticket doing 73 in a 65 so take your chances if you want. Just don't come crying to anyone if you get a ticket. :gickle:

PS. Wanna be "friends" now? How about a one week trial friendship just to test the waters?
I am in absolute awe :bow:

Skiboy
04-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I guess I should have warned you about Pete too! But if we get into that warning stuff the post would take days to write. Ask a fish question and you will get lots of answers and some of them may even be right. But this is more like a Cop bar. Everyone is here to socialize and mess around. But like a Cop bar, where the patrons all have policing in common, the people here have the aqua hobby in common. And like the bar, we usually have a good time, but when something serious happens, we are surrounded by folks that can actually help.

Polo10
04-11-2009, 12:57 PM
You people are showing your ignorance.

I'm in awe of all of you:bow:

fishguy_1955
04-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't think the Newbie has glommed onto where he is just yet. For some, learning is a more painful process than for others. I personally require much more electric shock than many lesser species to achieve the same level of conditioning. :lol:

Paul P.

Coryologist
04-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Uh, I think I gave this idjit fair warning. Now he's starting to get my dander up. If you don't like the way things are run 'round here - hit the road and don't let our ignorance hit you in the arse on your way out the door. You are starting to become very, very annoying. I will soon be cranking-up the wood chipper. Remember, we know where you live.

The AMOL.

lotsoffish
04-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm with Frank of this.

If you don't like it here, which I could totally understand, go be anal on one of the other fish forums. There are literally of thousands of fish forums on the Internet and most of them are pretty anal. So anal in fact most of us have been thrown out of those already.

Why do you think we hang out here? :gickle:

Soft Spot for Fish/Dogs
04-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Actually is there a rule that says one can not if it is related to the item listing?

I mean if a book is about Shrimp, crayfish and that, can one not list it either in books or the Invertebrates listings?

I have not read the rules on selling, as do not sell, so just curious.

lotsoffish
04-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Actually is there a rule that says one can not if it is related to the item listing?

I mean if a book is about Shrimp, crayfish and that, can one not list it either in books or the Invertebrates listings?

I have not read the rules on selling, as do not sell, so just curious.
You could always just take a dead shrimp and press it in between the pages of the book.

That outta get you the green light for posting it in under "invertebrates", "books", or "mixed lots". :gickle:

Mark
04-11-2009, 01:41 PM
"Pick the Appropriate Category for Your Auction
All Merchandise Items put in the Live Fish categories will be deleted."

Soft Spot for Fish/Dogs
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
"Pick the Appropriate Category for Your Auction
All Merchandise Items put in the Live Fish categories will be deleted."
:type: Thanks, that cleared that up - :peace:

marli
04-11-2009, 02:52 PM
She had the good judgment to buy from me, so lay off - :gickle:
Well...seems she had some good judgment then. But now? Not so much, I'd say. She even insulted YOU, Ski. Nice friend ya got there, enjoy.

~m

Skiboy
04-11-2009, 03:13 PM
She even insulted YOU, Ski.
:arrow: Nope - she said "You People are showing your ignorance" -
I've never been part of "You People" -
I'm one of "You Guys"!
No One confuses me with a "People" - :rofl:

Nice friend ya got there, enjoy.
My taste in friends has always been questionable, that ain't gonna change any time soon! :wink2:

lotsoffish
04-11-2009, 04:09 PM
My taste in friends has always been questionable, that ain't gonna change any time soon! :wink2:
I can't argue with you there.

I told "my roommate" about the dutch oven visit coming up.

You see folks, even if I couldn't stand Skiboy I would never let him know that. It would put a damper on him cooking me his fantastic Dutch oven BBQ chicken dinner he uses a full friggin pound of fatty bacon to prepare. Once you taste that stuff he's sorta on your "friend list" for life. :gickle:

marli
04-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Is everyone on this aquabid thingy from New York?
Um, are you?

Smiles, marli

Coryologist
04-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Is everyone on this aquabid thingy from New York?
No, but I moved here after spending 14 years in New York - Manhattan - the "real" New York. Been around the world twice. Never enjoyed living anywhere more than there. Lived on the Upper West Side, The Village and the Theatre District (Hell's Kitchen/Clinton). God, I miss it so much. :-( - Frank

P.S. Why? What's it to ya'? lol.

Coryologist
04-11-2009, 07:28 PM
He came out here to learn something.
Where is "out here?" - F.

Coryologist
04-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Every so often I run accross a snippit of knowledge that I don't have.
I'm beginning to get the impression that your entire body of knowledge doesn't exceed a "snippet." Hee-hee!!!

I thought this might be it, but it wasn't. You can go back to sleep now.
"Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are."

Now, there's a snippet of knowledge, worth acquiring. :-)

Bedtime for Bonzo! - Frank

Polo10
04-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Uh, I think I gave this idjit fair warning. Now he's starting to get my dander up. If you don't like the way things are run 'round here - hit the road and don't let our ignorance hit you in the arse on your way out the door. You are starting to become very, very annoying. I will soon be cranking-up the wood chipper. Remember, we know where you live.

The AMOL.
But it is an honor to annoy you all. Don't you ever become tired of being a wise apple?

The whole bunch of you are certainly not worth my time.:exclam:

Coryologist
04-11-2009, 08:14 PM
But it is an honor to annoy you all.
An honor and a privilege, mate.

Don't you ever become tired of being a wise apple?
Actually, no. Everyone needs a hobby.

And yet, you insist on returning to spew more drivel. lol. Don't you ever get tired of being a loser? - Frank

lotsoffish
04-11-2009, 08:18 PM
But it is an honor to annoy you all. Don't you ever become tired of being a wise apple?

You don't seriously think you can be even close to as annoying as we can be, I hope.

But your right about one thing, we certainly are not worth wasting your precious time over.

Just move along, hey here's a nice forum you could go hang out at for a while-

http://www.youarefreakingdumb.com/forum14.yafd

marli
04-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Thank heaven for great favors no. Just was wondering, it seems that most of the posts follow a pattern.
Fleeting attention span.:lol2:
That was funny. Here I was trying to be a **** (figuring you WERE from NY, cause how else would EVERYONE be from NY if you weren't, right?) and it just didn't work out for me. Ah well.

No, I'm not from NY either, though awfully close. I can walk to NY state in about 15 minutes. Well, maybe not walk, maybe drive. Anyway, I'm close.

Here's the border of NY:.... and here's me in MA............................ See? Not far.

Smiles, marli

pdpo222
04-13-2009, 06:01 PM

The AMOL.

Ok, so does that mean you are leaving the site, never to show yourself again??? Please....:yeah::yeah::yeah:

civil
04-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I thought it was a social site, after seven years here I feel so silly finding out it isn't :dry: