PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SoCal - land of the bankrupt govenator state

Palmdoc
05-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Hi all - I've enjoyed your posts for some time - lots of useful information. I have been keeping tropical fish since I was in high school. In college I bred Angels, kribensis, and live bearers. I also kept natives I collected in Indiana. Then I got married and raised kids (3). I've returned to the hobby in the past year and my office is lined with 6 freshwater tanks. I'm a plant person who has always loved aquatic plants. I'm old school enough that I set up a CO2 tank planted the same as no CO2 and the only difference I noted was the pond snails in the CO2 were very thin shelled (since the CO2 acidified the water and reduced hardness). Plants looked great in both, although I am very open to improved plants through CO2 injection.

Look forward to future discussions

Henry (palmdoc)

bozzle
05-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Heya Henry! Glad you came out of lurk mode and stopped in to say Hi.

I wish I was handy with aquatic plants -- there's nothing more beautiful than a well planted tank with some happy fish. Unfortunately, about the only plants I really have any long-term luck with are anacharis and duckweed. I've learned to live with it. :gickle:

Anyway, welcome!

Jeri

Palmdoc
05-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jeri. Once I figure out how to post pictures here I'll upload a few of my planted tanks.

Henry