PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Minnesota!

Natives
05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Ya sure. I'll stay out of your way if you stay out of mine, 'ya know.

Palmdoc
05-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Welcome Natives - Just remember not to ask who your Minnesota State Senator should be. Riots have required less.
What kind of fish do you keep?

Henry

mona
05-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi Henry, "Love" your Website, my yard is full of Palms. As far as the fish I keep, I have Discus,angels,Tetras,Loaches,danios,rasboras, and cories.I Love them all and I have all full planted tanks except the Loach tank.They eat everything I put in there for them.So they have rocks...And what is your favorite and what kind do you keep? Mona

mona
05-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Ya sure. I'll stay out of your way if you stay out of mine, 'ya know.
Huhhhh??

Natives
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi Mona.

Henry, don't get me started! Haha.

Right now I have four orange spotted sunnies. Soon I will have one redfin pickerel, two or more blue spotted sunnies, some madtoms, and possibly whatever else my source finds and fits in my shipment box. I'm stocking a planted 150, which also has a pearl river map turtle.

I'm glad to be here, thanks for the warm welcome. :)

-Anna

DLW777
05-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Welcome, Natives.

Deanna

Palmdoc
05-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Mona - I use to be a Professor at the Univ. of Florida so i know your area well. I worked on a serious disease called Lethal Yellowing until I moved to CA in 1988. Here's a list of some of my fish.

Boraras merah - Borneo, Indonesia
Poecilia wingei - Peacock and Black Bar Endlers - Pretty much convinced this species will not hold up. The are just guppies!
Hyphessobrycon amandae - Ember tetras
Iriatherina werneri - Threadfin Rainbow
Trichopsis pumila - Sparkling gourami
Erethistes hara - Hara Hara Catfish
Paracheirodon innesi – Neon Tetra
Rasbora trilineata - Scissor Tail Rasbora
Trigonostigma heteromorpha - Harlequin Rasbora
Ancistrus sp. – “Plecostomus” (getting too big)
Corydoras sp. – Spotted Cory
Brochis splendens – Emerald Green Cory
Borasas maculata – Dwarf Rasbora
Tateurndina ocellicauda - One pair Peacock gudgeons
8 Oryzias melastigma
6 Sawbwa resplendens
12 Veiltailed Smokey Angels (getting way too big)

Henry

Palmdoc
05-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Natives

>>>Right now I have four orange spotted sunnies. Soon I will have one redfin pickerel, two or more blue spotted sunnies, some madtoms, and possibly whatever else my source finds and fits in my shipment box. I'm stocking a planted 150, which also has a pearl river map turtle.<<<

I raised natives in Indiana when I was an Ecology Major. As I remember, the Madtoms ate anything alive that was their size or smaller. I use to keep darters also. The most fun was collecting them . . .

Henry

Natives
05-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Henry, I agree. The most fun is collecting your fish.

Soft Spot for Fish/Dogs
10-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome Native. A little late, but good luck in College.

Skiboy
10-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Put the "Hot babe in curlers" avatar back up! Hot babes seems to be todays theme.

AmazonMoosey
10-01-2009, 02:17 PM
lol Yeah Natives - we need some real and pretty women around the forums today.

RMC
10-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Just thought I'd bump this up to hide that other post from Russia. Afterall, this is a family site.

:king:

Swampy
10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Just thought I'd bump this up to hide that other post from Russia. Afterall, this is a family site.

:king:
Pete sure is quiet today.
It seems Randysue is keeping him occupied