PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas!

Trallen44
08-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Hello everyone! I have been around aquabid for awhile now. Just buying fish and plants from some really great sellers. Some not so great, but they don't last too long. Hopefully one day if I get back to going on my spawning projects I will be able to sell some fish too. I have learned a lot about good and bad packaging from getting different shipments in. I have also learned that the best sellers stand behind thier sales no matter what, without a lot of requirments. I am stuck at home now, for several months at least while I am going through cancer treatment. I have gone through one round so far that was very rough. I start my second round on the 10th. I am trying to get my energy back up so that I can work on my tanks like I need and want too. I enjoy reading some of the threads on the site, and hopefully I can contribute some from time to time.

Tim

Msdevine
08-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey From Texas, Welcome Tim, I am in Sequin, and would like to welcome you to the AB formus.
So sorry about the cancer, hang in there. I know its easy to say but Just do it. I hope you can get some tanks up. What do you have? I have tons of Long fin White Clouds I am trying to get up the nerve to start selling. They are fry but I think I need to clean some out.
So what fish do you have?

Trallen44
08-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey From Texas, Welcome Tim, I am in Sequin, and would like to welcome you to the AB formus.
So sorry about the cancer, hang in there. I know its easy to say but Just do it. I hope you can get some tanks up. What do you have? I have tons of Long fin White Clouds I am trying to get up the nerve to start selling. They are fry but I think I need to clean some out.
Thank you, I have been through there several times. I live north of Dallas. I am doing my best to hang in there and beat this cancer. They have me on a very strong treatment of chemo. Being only 36, I still have way too much to do in life to let it beat me. I would like to see some pics of your white clouds. I have lots of different fish, in my main planted tank full of plants mostly from Cory, I have fructa, signifer, and gertrudae rainbows, ember tetras, hengli rasboras, marble hatchets, kuhli loaches, pygmy cories, and some red cherry shrimp.

My list of fish that I am spawning or trying to spawn, are Tiger endlers from Pete, red lizzard whiptails, scarlet badis, nigerian red kribs, blue kribs, green laser cories from Frank. And weitzmani tetras from RMC.

I have lots of other fish too in another comunity tank. Hopefully before long I will be able to put together a new aquarium for my mother. I have been taking my time gathering everything for it, just need to build a stand for the tank. I am going to incorporate all the new ideas I have and see how they all come out.

Soft Spot for Fish/Dogs
08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the boards. Does your Mother like anything in particular for the tank you are mixing for her?

You have a great selection. Some not too different than some of my Community tanks. How do you like your pygmy cories, I have two types and like them both. Wish Canada shipped here, as one person had some up that have not seen in US.

Also, best of luck with the chemo. As know they have a different cocktail, as they call it for different types. Yes, 36 is young.

Natives
08-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Welcome!

Trallen44
08-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the boards. Does your Mother like anything in particular for the tank you are mixing for her?

You have a great selection. Some not too different than some of my Community tanks. How do you like your pygmy cories, I have two types and like them both. Wish Canada shipped here, as one person had some up that have not seen in US.

Also, best of luck with the chemo. As know they have a different cocktail, as they call it for different types. Yes, 36 is young.
Thank you. She pretty well likes whatever I put in her tank. For this one I am going to put together a planted tank. Not sure what all fish I will put in it just yet. I have lots of them here to choose from. I really like the pygmy cories. I also have some Aspidoras spilotus. They aren't super small, but are on the smaller side. They seem to school together when they are resting. I will see all 5 of them on the same peice of petrified wood. What kind of pygmy is that?

Trallen44
08-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Welcome!
Thank you

Soft Spot for Fish/Dogs
08-03-2009, 06:59 PM

Thank you. She pretty well likes whatever I put in her tank. For this one I am going to put together a planted tank. Not sure what all fish I will put in it just yet. I have lots of them here to choose from. I really like the pygmy cories. I also have some Aspidoras spilotus. They aren't super small, but are on the smaller side. They seem to school together when they are resting. I will see all 5 of them on the same peice of petrified wood. What kind of pygmy is that?
If I re-call right it was Corydoras hastatus. As I have the Corydoras habrosus and Corydoras pygmaeus. I also got some Hara sp. that only get about 2 inches. In a bunch of more than five or more they are not so shy. Than the Hara Hara. Well enough of that - :gickle: As I do like the small ones.

My Long Fin White Clouds have not had fry like Msdevine have. She does better with fry than I do.

Msdevine
08-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Thank you, I have been through there several times. I live north of Dallas. I am doing my best to hang in there and beat this cancer. They have me on a very strong treatment of chemo. Being only 36, I still have way too much to do in life to let it beat me. I would like to see some pics of your white clouds. I have lots of different fish, in my main planted tank full of plants mostly from Cory, I have fructa, signifer, and gertrudae rainbows, ember tetras, hengli rasboras, marble hatchets, kuhli loaches, pygmy cories, and some red cherry shrimp.

My list of fish that I am spawning or trying to spawn, are Tiger endlers from Pete, red lizzard whiptails, scarlet badis, nigerian red kribs, blue kribs, green laser cories from Frank. And weitzmani tetras from RMC.

I have lots of other fish too in another comunity tank. Hopefully before long I will be able to put together a new aquarium for my mother. I have been taking my time gathering everything for it, just need to build a stand for the tank. I am going to incorporate all the new ideas I have and see how they all come out.
I will have some pictures later today of my white clouds. I took some but ... anyway, you are so young to have to fight cancer but do it..<>

I have some of Petes Black Bar endlers, but here in Texas they are turning all black outside in the tubs. Really. I will have some of them up for sale soon too. I am trading my Scalet Badis, i lost two females and have one left ( I think) but they don't interest me as much as some others. So.... I am going to breed my Plecos soon too.
I use to breed but took a break from the fishy world for awhile. My youngest son is in Iraq and I had a difficult time on his frist tour.. So did he. Well that was my excuse for stopping for awhile.
Lets see, I have the White Clouds, an a 55 full of Cichlids. I have some Hybrid Guppy/ Endlers my older son bred for years, but lost most the females, So just getting them going again, Beautiful FISH.. Oh and lots of other guppies, corys, My mind gave up on me. so...
OH, Hey are the weitzmani tetras those beautiful fish I want?? I think so.. Hurry and breed them.. I want some..

mona
08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I'll be your tester if you wanna send some of those long fins to Fl. That's one I don't have and Love :nod:

And hello Tim, I am proud of you that you have made the decision to fight. It is a rough one and as I know everyone is different, I have an 89 year old Aunt that was diagnosed last year, all the family said she was nuts to put herself through the treatments at her age. After 2 rounds she is cancer free. And she has gotten her strenghth back and ready once again to give um hell. :smile: So Good Luck and May God be at your side.

Enjoy the Boards there is plenty of craziness here to get the mind flowing on fish crap and lots and lot of people that will help ya with just about anything you need to know.

Also... check out Mr. Franks radio station if you haven't already. It's fantastic...

http://www.live365.com/stations/theamol

Take Care,stick around and before ya know it there won't be a day that you won't be stopping in. Mona :ciao:

Swampy
08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Howdy Tim
Welcome aboard
:peace:

Trallen44
08-05-2009, 01:31 PM
I'll be your tester if you wanna send some of those long fins to Fl. That's one I don't have and Love :nod:

And hello Tim, I am proud of you that you have made the decision to fight. It is a rough one and as I know everyone is different, I have an 89 year old Aunt that was diagnosed last year, all the family said she was nuts to put herself through the treatments at her age. After 2 rounds she is cancer free. And she has gotten her strenghth back and ready once again to give um hell. :smile: So Good Luck and May God be at your side.

Enjoy the Boards there is plenty of craziness here to get the mind flowing on fish crap and lots and lot of people that will help ya with just about anything you need to know.

Also... check out Mr. Franks radio station if you haven't already. It's fantastic...

http://www.live365.com/stations/theamol

Take Care,stick around and before ya know it there won't be a day that you won't be stopping in. Mona :ciao:
Thank you, I am glad your Aunt is cancer free after so few rounds of treatment. I want to check out Franks station, but I have a crappy computer at the moment. One of these days I will get a better one.

Tim

Trallen44
08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Howdy Tim
Welcome aboard
:peace:
Thanks Swampy!

Soft Spot for Fish/Dogs
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Did you eer get your Mother's tank finished? If so what all did you put in there and how did you fix it? Any pictures? Thanks.