PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Texas

texangel
09-22-2009, 09:11 PM
hey y'all....I am brand new here...I live in Trinity Texas....my Dad and I are in the process of setting up tanks and buying fish to start breeding...he has raised tropical fish before, and knows alot about them, but I am in the newbie stage..lol Does anybody know who in the Houston/Huntsville area sells good quality fish without costing an arm and two legs?? :lol2:
We went to Pet-Co and Pet-Smart...OMG their prices are outrageous.....I went to Fish-R-Us about two months ago, and purchased four Parrot fish...they were so beautiful...bright vibrant blue, sunburst yellow, shocking electric pink, and really pretty bright green...cost $18 each and they were about the size of silver dollars....within two weeks, they were all orange...grrrrrr....I was not a happy camper

Msdevine
09-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Welcome to Aquabid, texangel , I live close to San Antonio but all my fish come from AB or people on AB. I don't purchase fish from Petmarts, or store like that. I don't even get them from local Fish Stores.
Anyway, this is a great place to get some very nice fish, and meet some great people.
Hope to see you around. Again Welcome. Jo Ann

texangel
09-22-2009, 10:57 PM
thanks for the welcome Jo Ann....I remember going to San Marcos a long time ago when my dad was raising fish, and getting plants out of the river to see to his retailers in Houston...that's not too far from you...what kind of fish do you raise??

AmazonMoosey
09-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Welcome TexAngel - you found a good community to share fish frolics with!

Sounds like you and your dad are having a good time! :bigthumbsup: That's the most important thing.

You will find a section also on this board to post your trade wants - The Trading Post.

http://www.aquaboards.com/viewforum.php?id=25

Enjoy and again, Welcome!

Msdevine
09-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, as of now I have badis badis, scarlet badis ( looking for females), Plecos, Ab, calico, a Hybrid red double sword guppy my son has been working with. Oh, Long fin White Clouds, one of my favorite. I have some guppys but they are sold, I just have to move them out.. I found I am not a guppy person. Don't want to offend anyone... smile.. Oh, I have some plume tail platy. Red shrimp, Desert Gobies, got some eggs now. I am sure there is more, rainbow, see.... Old age and I forget most things. Looking for some blue platy now... and I am bidding on more Rainbow , I might try breeding.

Ya, My honey and I am going to San Marcos soon, collecting. Also we have the lake close by. I want to go there to find some rock and wood. But, here in Seguin we have a river just a block away.
If you and your dad are ever down this way let me know.. I love fishy people... And I bet he knows where to hunt for plants and such.
NOW, what do you have??? jo ann

texangel
09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
lol....well I have six parrot fish (cichlids?) and a rhino pleco, two golden gouramis, 12 misc. guppys, and 5 black sailfin mollys, and three something I can't even begin to pronounce....lol...they look like Albino Cats, but they are silver with spots (my Dad knows, he's the fish person) I want angelfish, especially black ones, but OMG the fish shops are outrageous and I am even having trouble finding any...that's really what we want to raise the most

Skiboy
10-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Did you check out the Angelfish section at www.aquabid.com ? there are lots of great angelfish people in that section.