PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Upstate NY

Hoppy
10-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Hello folks...Dave here from Upstate NY...Been lurking on the forum for some time so I thought I would chime in...I've been in the hobby since the mid 60's and as a young boy living along the Mohawk river I would catch and bring home all types of fish, turtles, salamanders, snakes and what ever other creatures I could manage to capture keeping them in jars, buckets and tubs and cages, much to the dismay of my mother lol...I found Aquabid quite by accident a little over a year ago bid and won one of Pete (Lotsoffish) Mangs auctions and got hooked on buying online...So far I have had a great time winning from some of AquaBids best too many to list but I'm sure you all can check my feedback...I am currently running 30 tanks and seem to never have enough room lol I guess you can say I have MTS. I'll be heading down to South Florida next week and hope to find some cool fish to bring home.

marli
10-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Hiya Hoppy, welcome to the insanity.

I'm curious where Upstate you are, as I'm a fifteen minute walk to NY, from the beautiful Berkshires in MA. And I love to meet fishy folks!

Smiles, marli

MrLohachata
10-06-2009, 10:12 AM
hello hoppy.welcome to the asylum.lots of great folks here as i am sure you already know...hope we see more of you around here..

Wyfish
10-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi there, Hoppy. :ciao: Nice to see you on the forums :nod: Enjoy!!

MrLohachata
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
dave....how far upstate is dolgeville????..i thought i remembered you.....lol

Hoppy
10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi Marli, Susan and John,

Thanks for the welcome. Yep I'm in Dolgeville a small village just at the foothills of the Adirondack mountains about 70 miles NE of Albany. Marli I've been to Jimminy Peak a few times, nice country. Susan my plecos are doing awesome. John yes you must remember me from your Plecocaine auction I won, great food by the way all my fish go nuts over it.

marli
10-06-2009, 09:23 PM
ah, you are about 2 hours from me, not far at all. you are on the way to see Pete, so maybe I'll have to make a side trip to visit ya!

smiles, marli