PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Bowfin
12-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Hello, new to the forum not to fishkeeping, currently into North American Natives.

Nabobmob1
12-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Greetings, It can get a little crazy around here, like any other dysfunctional family.

DLW777
12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the boards!!

Swampy
12-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Helleaux and Welcome to AquaBoards.
Do you keep Choupique?

buyguy52
12-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Welcome Bowfin, nice to meet you!!

dre17am
12-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome :)

Bowfin
12-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Helleaux and Welcome to AquaBoards.
Do you keep Choupique?

You speak Choctaw??

Swampy
12-31-2009, 06:09 PM
You speak Choctaw??
Cajun -
Do you keep em?
Have you ever harvested the eggs?
I've been wondering about harvesting them.
I see them quite often when collecting driftwood for the website.

Bowfin
01-01-2010, 02:14 PM
no i dont right now, im simply impressed by them, theyve been around for a long time, since before the TRex, anything that can adapt to almost any conditions and still keep kickin, is ok in my book, here is a pic of one i caught, this past summer, under a bridge, in almost stagnant water. you will notice im wearing gloves, these puppies got bad teeth, and know how to use them :)

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv253/jimv8673/bowfin.jpg

OldTanks
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Very nice people here, where everyone is just like family.

Feel free to post your questions to the forums, and photos to the gallery.

GenGen
01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
choctaw? knew a few when i was growing up in MT. welcome to the madness and mayhem er the boards :) pics pics and pics of da fish :)

Gail

Soft Spot for Fish/Dogs
07-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Do not appreciate spam or to join your http://fish-n-more.org/ you are now blocked

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 6:30 AM
Subject: hi there fishkeeper

Bowfin from AquaBoards.com has sent you a message. You can reply to Bowfin by replying to this e-mail.

The message reads as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My forum http://fish-n-more.org/ could surely use some help in the livebearers section, these are probably some of the most kept fishes in the hobby. If you have the time, please visit and help me educate some of the newer members about the proper keeping of these fishes. We are a very friendly and helpful group, just need some more good members to round out our forum :) Thaniks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--
AquaBoards.com Mailer

Edited to add date and time of message

Underwhelmed
07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Same here, I've gotten your spam twice.

I would appreciate it greatly if you would stop spamming not only myself, but other AquaBoards members.

GenGen
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Hmm.Interesting

shermlock
07-30-2010, 10:10 PM
I got it too...but I like unsolicited stuff...As a practical joke, a buddy of mine signed me up for over 37 different magazine subscriptions when I was a kid...classic titles like "Young Miss," "Seventeen," "Cosmo." Yeah I loved it. I returned the favor by sneaking into his garage and using his parent's telephone to call a 900 number. I simply told the very pleasant young women to just keep talking and don't expect me to say anything...I set the phone down on the work bench and walked away...The bill was over $800 bucks and my friend never sent me unsolicited stuff again.

Underwhelmed
07-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I got it too...but I like unsolicited stuff...As a practical joke, a buddy of mine signed me up for over 37 different magazine subscriptions when I was a kid...classic titles like "Young Miss," "Seventeen," "Cosmo." Yeah I loved it. I returned the favor by sneaking into his garage and using his parent's telephone to call a 900 number. I simply told the very pleasant young women to just keep talking and don't expect me to say anything...I set the phone down on the work bench and walked away...The bill was over $800 bucks and my friend never sent me unsolicited stuff again.
Cool story, but this guy is using a spoofed email.

shermlock
07-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Yeah that is what I thought too. I was just using it as a way to tell the only "tough guy" story I've got.

AmazonMoosey
07-31-2010, 03:14 PM

I would appreciate it greatly if you would stop spamming not only myself, but other AquaBoards members.
Did anyone report it to Aquaboards? I do believe this falls under the "bugging people" rule.

Sometimes, it's really nice to be in the not included group. :gickle:

Underwhelmed
07-31-2010, 04:11 PM
I reported it to Mark last week, the first time I got it.

hca75
07-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Ive gotten one also- at my private email.... i hit the spam button.... havent gotten any since

DLW777
07-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Well, he's been banned. Hopefully, he'll leave everyone alone now.

lotsoffish
07-31-2010, 11:48 PM

Did anyone report it to Aquaboards? I do believe this falls under the "bugging people" rule.

The bugging people rule?

If Barnett started enforcing that one, who would be left to post here? :evil:

AmazonMoosey
08-01-2010, 03:20 AM

The bugging people rule?

If Barnett started enforcing that one, who would be left to post here? :evil:

Jockeys and Race Horses.

:tongue:

nativekeeper
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Why would anyone want you cry baby, run to mama burnouts to join their forum, get a life, post some credible, worthwhile stuff for a change instead of whining about someone wanting to be your friend, and enjoy your company, geeezzzzeee what a bunch of twerps LOL