PDA

View Full Version : Barnett, Isn't It About Time

AmazonMoosey
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
....That Aqua Bid and Aqua Forums had a Banner running the "Monday is AquaBid Music Nite" - and it be On The House (free).

Looking at the forums and the auctions during these shows, the AquaRadio.Net show brings in forum posters for reading as well as bringing in people for viewing and buying the auctions.

Most times, your chat is full during the radio show of Bidders and Sellers from both sites.

When I hear on the show that Big Frank Falcone is offering 25% off one of his selected auctions to the winning bidder, but will STILL pay you the 3% on the full auction amount -

When I hear on the show how other quality AquaBid Sellers and Buyers are promoted and recognized during this show -

I have to think that with very little effort, you could help promote those who are working to promote these sites.

The Sellers are out there working together or individually to support the show, build up their auctions and auctions of others.

The Buyers are out there on the auctions, in the chat and in the forums participating, building up the Sellers and both sites.

So, how about a little more TEAM EFFORT on all of this with a banner for FREE for the "Monday is AquaBid Music Nite" show?

You've done it for the Chat before; You've done it for the The Saturday Nite Express; You've done it for some other of the events around here.

Isn't it about time for "Monday is AquaBid Music Nite" and some TEAMWORK?

Just say the word; I know quite a few on this site who will willingly make a banner FOR FREE for this.

So. What say you, Barnett?

http://www.aquaradio.net/images/aquabid_animated.gif (http://www.live365.com/stations/theamol?site=pro)

Hell, you do this and I will even talk nice to that old Lotterfish for a whole.......WEEK! :barf:

lotsoffish
01-06-2010, 11:51 PM

http://www.aquaradio.net/images/aquabid_animated.gif (http://www.live365.com/stations/theamol?site=pro)

Hell, you do this and I will even talk nice to that old Lotterfish for a whole.......WEEK! :barf:

Don't do it Mark.

I would feel all creepy and crawly if Moosey started acting nice to me for a full week. :evil:

AmazonMoosey
01-07-2010, 12:18 AM

Don't do it Mark.

I would feel all creepy and crawly if Moosey started acting nice to me for a full week. :evil:
All the more reason to do it - make you miserable for a whole week. LOL

You know you want it, Pete.... laughing.

I also know from dealing with you for about 10 or so years - you think this is a good idea, even if you are too wimpy to say it out loud.

Goober
01-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Yeah , c'mon Spanky , throw the man a bone .
And if it makes The Dork feel more creepy crawly than he normally does , so much the better .

yada
01-07-2010, 11:22 AM
....That Aqua Bid and Aqua Forums had a Banner running the "Monday is AquaBid Music Nite" - and it be On The House (free).

Looking at the forums and the auctions during these shows, the AquaRadio.Net show brings in forum posters for reading as well as bringing in people for viewing and buying the auctions.

Most times, your chat is full during the radio show of Bidders and Sellers from both sites.

When I hear on the show that Big Frank Falcone is offering 25% off one of his selected auctions to the winning bidder, but will STILL pay you the 3% on the full auction amount -

When I hear on the show how other quality AquaBid Sellers and Buyers are promoted and recognized during this show -

I have to think that with very little effort, you could help promote those who are working to promote these sites.

The Sellers are out there working together or individually to support the show, build up their auctions and auctions of others.

The Buyers are out there on the auctions, in the chat and in the forums participating, building up the Sellers and both sites.

So, how about a little more TEAM EFFORT on all of this with a banner for FREE for the "Monday is AquaBid Music Nite" show?

You've done it for the Chat before; You've done it for the The Saturday Nite Express; You've done it for some other of the events around here.

Isn't it about time for "Monday is AquaBid Music Nite" and some TEAMWORK?

Just say the word; I know quite a few on this site who will willingly make a banner FOR FREE for this.

So what "team" are we talking about? I somehow got the impression that this was a forum/auction site for anyone who cared to join and not for a "team" within it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Frank getting some advertizing as long as everyone else does too, equally. Surer Frank promotes sales, but one has to pay for that, at least some of us do.

Lets keep things the way they are, not showing any favoritism.

AmazonMoosey
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
So what "team" are we talking about? I somehow got the impression that this was a forum/auction site for anyone who cared to join and not for a "team" within it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Frank getting some advertizing as long as everyone else does too, equally. Surer Frank promotes sales, but one has to pay for that, at least some of us do.

What other group of Sellers and Buyers is working on promoting Aqua Bid and Aqua Boards in this way? In any way?

Who is stopping or hindering any other group from promoting the two sites?

Who is even suggesting other groups be prohibited/hindered from promoting sales for all Sellers?

God Forbid, we actually as a Community give anyone anything for doing anything other than for themselves. God Forbid, we just do something because it's the right thing to do.

The Radio Show though, even its Banner and its name, promotes Aqua Bid (FOR FREE), which in turn, promotes every Seller of the system. That banner is on other sites, in other's emails, attempting to bring more people in and keep them returning. In turn, that allows YOU, as a Seller, a much wider and steady customer base where YOU, as a Seller, benefits.

Is that the part you wish to remain the same?

Team, Yada. Group of individuals choosing or forced to work together - depending on their attitude.

Teamwork, Yada. The ability to see past one's own personal nose to help build or work on something other than for personal gain and despite their differences.

Favoritism? Your post is displaying no understanding of the actual meaning of the word and its nuances.

I highly suggest you go post on every single thread on this board so you are not displaying your favoritism of picking and choosing whom you choose to speak to or not.

Favoritism - 1. the favoring of one person or group over others with equal claims; partiality: to show favoritism toward the youngest child.

2. the state of being a favorite.

Barnett supplies ads here as banners to promote businesses, people, events. He does not carry every banner there is out there.

Yet, Barnett isn't accused of favoritism by you and you would scoff if that was even suggested.

If you make the personal choice NOT to consider you a part of a TEAM here of Buyers and Sellers - that's your choice and in no way would I suggest you be forced to participate.

If you choose to sit on the bench and not capitialize on opportunities presented in front of you - that's your choice and in no way would I suggest you be forced to participate.

IF there were groups of Buyers and Sellers that were doing something EQUAL in the promotion of Aqua Bid, Aqua Board, All the Sellers and All the Buyers - as does this Monday Nite Radio Show - I would be all for them having a banner also.

What you see as "favortism" is actually a normal business exchange of banner/advertisment/link exchange.

lotsoffish
01-07-2010, 02:21 PM

What other group of Sellers and Buyers is working on promoting Aqua Bid and Aqua Boards in this way? In any way?

Who is stopping or hindering any other group from promoting the two sites?

Who is even suggesting other groups be prohibited/hindered from promoting sales for all Sellers?

God Forbid, we actually as a Community give anyone anything for doing anything other than for themselves. God Forbid, we just do something because it's the right thing to do.

The Radio Show though, even its Banner and its name, promotes Aqua Bid (FOR FREE), which in turn, promotes every Seller of the system. That banner is on other sites, in other's emails, attempting to bring more people in and keep them returning. In turn, that allows YOU, as a Seller, a much wider and steady customer base where YOU, as a Seller, benefits.

Is that the part you wish to remain the same?

Team, Yada. Group of individuals choosing or forced to work together - depending on their attitude.

Teamwork, Yada. The ability to see past one's own personal nose to help build or work on something other than for personal gain and despite their differences.

Favoritism? Your post is displaying no understanding of the actual meaning of the word and its nuances.

I highly suggest you go post on every single thread on this board so you are not displaying your favoritism of picking and choosing whom you choose to speak to or not.

Favoritism - 1. the favoring of one person or group over others with equal claims; partiality: to show favoritism toward the youngest child.

2. the state of being a favorite.

Barnett supplies ads here as banners to promote businesses, people, events. He does not carry every banner there is out there.

Yet, Barnett isn't accused of favoritism by you and you would scoff if that was even suggested.

If you make the personal choice NOT to consider you a part of a TEAM here of Buyers and Sellers - that's your choice and in no way would I suggest you be forced to participate.

If you choose to sit on the bench and not capitialize on opportunities presented in front of you - that's your choice and in no way would I suggest you be forced to participate.

IF there were groups of Buyers and Sellers that were doing something EQUAL in the promotion of Aqua Bid, Aqua Board, All the Sellers and All the Buyers - as does this Monday Nite Radio Show - I would be all for them having a banner also.

What you see as "favortism" is actually a normal business exchange of banner/advertisment/link exchange.

You should have let me answer that post for you Moosey. Watch this!

lotsoffish
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM

Yada? Dude?

Frank didn't ask for anything here, this is all Mooseys idea. And Frank took it upon himself to start his own Internet radio station so we could all listen to his rantings instead of just reading them here. He's trying to entertain us here. Understand? :rolleyes:

Why don't you lighten up a little bit once in a while? Your analness is showing again, like the last time we had those fake bidders causing trouble around here and you decided the best thing to do would be to pull your one lousy auction that had a measly buck bid on it cuz you thought the best thing to do would be to fold up the tents and give up on Aquabid. :thumbsdown:

PS. I don't even know if analness is a word but if it isn't it should be. It describes your attitude perfectly. :evil:

See Moosey? That's how it's done. :bigthumbsup:

Swampy
01-07-2010, 03:06 PM

Yada? Dude?

Frank didn't ask for anything here, this is all Mooseys idea. And Frank took it upon himself to start his own Internet radio station so we could all listen to his rantings instead of just reading them here. He's trying to entertain us here. Understand? :rolleyes:

Why don't you lighten up a little bit once in a while? Your analness is showing again, like the last time we had those fake bidders causing trouble around here and you decided the best thing to do would be to pull your one lousy auction that had a measly buck bid on it cuz you thought the best thing to do would be to fold up the tents and give up on Aquabid. :thumbsdown:

PS. I don't even know if analness is a word but if it isn't it should be. It describes your attitude perfectly. :evil:

See Moosey? That's how it's done by an amateur. :thumbsdown:

yada
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Mang, I didn't say anything against Frank or his radio show. Nor did I say anything against Moosey, I did say I didn't and don't know we joined a club or a team although it would seem so at times. I voiced an opinion and stand behind it.

As far as being anal, well maybe I am but then that would qualify me for the team. But you, friend Mang are far to big an a$$hole to be even anal. You really need to grow up, sonny.

More later.

Goober
01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Ha !
"Sonny" !

See why I like this guy ? :clap:

Coryologist
01-07-2010, 03:34 PM
If Mark has not done it by now, I would not expect him to. Mark has issues with me and has every right to. I would not ask for nor expect anything from him. I have no problem with that.

With the auctions that closed and after-auction side deals - I had a $2K evening and less than half my auctions were bid on. There are a lot of sellers that won't do that in a year, if ever. I'm pleased just to be able to sell here, considering all of the grief I have given Mark, the trouble that I have seemingly caused others and the major league douche-nozzle behavior I generally exhibit. Besides, I lost track and I'm a bit behind in my 3% contributions. :-(

Thanks for your gracious efforts on my behalf Ms. Moosey, but honestly, I can afford an ad. Not to be flippant, I just don't see where I need one.

Mark was nice enough to send me an image for the station page that I did not use, only because I had one in mind. When I wrote and asked him if I could pay to have one made, a bit more along the lines that I was thinking, I never heard back. What are ya' gonna do???

Everything is cool. Let it go. :-)

Frank :tycoon: :bigboss:

Coryologist
01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I report all my income and make sure that my expenses far exceed my income. Having had IRS issues in the past, I have learned not to screw with them. I have a healthy respect for their power. They audit me every 3 years, like clockwork.

They are always welcome, here. :-) - Frank

P.S. One great night, does not a "power-seller" make.

RMC
01-07-2010, 06:53 PM
That's good because I'll be mailing your IRS 1099 next Tuesday.

Goober
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Do people who work for the IRS ever get audited ?

Mark
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
FYI, I gave Frank an account on AquaBanners.com with 9999999 credits.

But I would like to see a banner with AquaBid.com with a capital B

AmazonMoosey
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM

Kewl Barnett. Thank you.

I think it is quite safe to say the banner will be changed to AquaBid.com in this compromise.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Gail Webber AKA AmazonMoosey

greyd
01-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Do people who work for the IRS ever get audited ?
Yes if you work for em the employees get audited every year. They have a special unit that checks employees returns and that's all they do. Plus if an employee files late it's grounds for dismissal even if the person is due a refund. Getting caught under reporting a substantial amount of income is also grounds for dismissal.
Now your politicians can just do whatever they feel like including the treasury secretary that decided to not pay all his taxes for quite a few years until getting nominated for treasury sec and then all of a sudden tried to pay all the years including the ones that the statute had expired.

I've also read somewhere that politicians can get an extension to pay taxes after the due date whereas the average citizen is always told something like that does not exist. I don't recall where I read that since my memory sucks any more.

yeahbut1
01-08-2010, 09:35 AM

Does this mean Frank sold out for the price of an Asian Arowana.

:nono:
AquaRadio.Net will "only" be playing Gaming Music from now on!
:cry:
http://ibwblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/glenn_beck-in-hospital1.jpg

Mr. Chips
01-08-2010, 10:32 AM
I can see Yada's points although they left out something important. This isn't a team. It is a community. Kind of like a neighborhood. However there are teams. Some people don't know they are on them and some people don't know they have people on their team.

Example... I promote AquaBid. I've brought 3 local buyers to AB. It is a team play. How many sellers out there do you think thought that I was on their team?

The next point is favoritism. If someone hosts a not for profit radio show that promotes the website, then maybe they should be rewarded. That isn't favoritism. They put their time into something good for the site.

Maybe if everyone thought less of their own gains and did a little bit to help out AB would be 10 times the size it is now. <---- This is a statement & not a comment. So I don't want anyone thinking I'm criticizing what they do for AB. You reap what you sow.

Mr. Chips
01-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I'd highly recommend that no one ever mentions anything to do with figures on what they sell or what they've sold in a year. It's been fairly common knowledge that the irs has turned it's attention to some online sellers although primarily the powerseller types on ebay. This is an older story but do a search on google and you'll find plenty others.
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1028_3-6176041.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2285255/the_irs_wants_to_know_about_your_online.html
The government wants the seller's information. With the ebay & paypal fees if ebay were to give up the information of their sellers they wouldn't have a site.

Next they will spend 4 billion to recoup $243 K from yard sales.

What I really don't understand is if I go to the store and buy something I pay tax. WTF does someone who buys it from me have to pay tax or the seller report the "income" if it is being sold for less since it is used. Technically it isn't income it is a loss and it was already taxed when it was earned. Therefore the same earnings would be taxed twice.

The day people stopped revolting was the day this country started going down the tubes.

yada
01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
E-Bay and PayPal have to give up your personal info when legally required.
If you are buying things for re-sale you need a re-sellers license and you won't have to pay taxes, but collect the tax when you sell. Internet sales tax works differently and you need to check regulations in your own state if you want to be compliant.

yada
01-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I can see Yada's points although they left out something important. This isn't a team. It is a community. Kind of like a neighborhood. However there are teams. Some people don't know they are on them and some people don't know they have people on their team.

Example... I promote AquaBid. I've brought 3 local buyers to AB. It is a team play. How many sellers out there do you think thought that I was on their team?

The next point is favoritism. If someone hosts a not for profit radio show that promotes the website, then maybe they should be rewarded. That isn't favoritism. They put their time into something good for the site.

Maybe if everyone thought less of their own gains and did a little bit to help out AB would be 10 times the size it is now. <---- This is a statement & not a comment. So I don't want anyone thinking I'm criticizing what they do for AB. You reap what you sow.
"Team" wasn't/isn't my term it was presented to me in the post previous to mine. As far as promoting AB, I do what I can with Banner ads on nearly all the pages on my website. Both with AquaBanner links and the graphic links supplied by aquabid. There is a link to one sellers stuff because he is a good seller and person.

About my earlier statement, I'll clarify, Frank is to be congradulated on his radio show, he deserves all he can get and I begrudge him nothing. In fact I'm glad to see him get a boost.
Mark, it is his web site and he is entitled to do what he wishes with it. I'm sure that whatever he does he feels it to be in the best interest of his website.

But all of us in this "team" aren't promoting the site at all. I see websites without a mention of Aquabid on them and I see a lot with no way of promoting it at all.

And last, the subjrect of this discussion sell advertising and promotes their own sales. Not exactly a charity type org. Course the owner never claimed it to be as far as I know.

Mr. Chips
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm a legal tax paying business owner. About 7 years ago my boss pissed me off so I quit and became their competitor.

I was referring to the "Yard Sale / Used " sellers. If a person had $12,000 in total sales for a bunch of used crap they had laying around the house they shouldn't be subject to sales, state or federal tax. Otherwise their income would be taxed twice since they paid income tax when earning it and sales tax when acquiring the items. Don't get me wrong folks. If you make $12k in sales you need to consult with an accountant.

Anyone buying new goods will have to account for their purchases and lack of sales. Selling items online provides a permanent trail that can be traced for years. It isn't a wise thing to not report an internet income. WHEN. Yes When they pass the bill I'm sure it is going to cover researching years that have passed. Not necessarily to tax sellers, just to see who to go after that have not been reporting their earnings.

kush
01-08-2010, 11:43 AM
...The day people stopped revolting was the day this country started going down the tubes.
I'M still revolting.

Mr. Chips
01-08-2010, 11:51 AM
...The day people stopped revolting was the day this country started going down the tubes.
I'M still revolting.
:thumbsup:

Rulers of countries need to fear being beheaded in the town square

lotsoffish
01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I'M still revolting.

If Bush and Cheney didn't get beheaded during their 8 year reign of stupidity I would assume the days of beheadings are behind us. :evil:

Underwhelmed
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I'M still revolting.

Nice thought, but they just figured out to keep us fighting and killing each other while they loot all they want. And they want it all.

AmazonMoosey
01-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Good Golly Aunt Molly!

Lol - For a thread addressed to Barnett about something being about time, this sure has wandered all over and back!

If I go to a car dealer, there is a fleet of cars there and a fleet of sales personnel,

That doesn't mean the sales personnel are all ships of a thousand leagues.

I go to that same car dealership, and there is a team of sales personnel at that car dealership, that doesn't mean there's 11 of them and they are on their 4th down and 10 to go.

At this rate though, someone's bound to be close to a couple of "Hail Mary" s by now.
Oi VEY!

When I go to a dealership to purchase a car, I don't want to know if the 3rd in line of sales doesn't like the front receptionist but thinks the head mechanic is a hotty totty in her onsie.

I'm there to buy a car and as far as I'm concerned, they are all in the same building, they are all part of that business, whether they like it said or not. They are all, from the newly hired to the top bigwig - part of the group (fleet, team, community, etc), no matter their level of or lack of participation.

I came up with an idea of Banners for the Radio Show on these sites for the cross exposure. Barnett answered me (somewhere buried in this thread) that the Monday Nite Radio Show was now signed for X amount of banners on the sites.

The only possibloe skinned noses in this is MAYBE Barnett's. And MAYBE mine with the keeping my word.

In a few days, if no one else has done it, I'm going to do an informational post on how any of you can capitalize on all of the promotions going around, whether or not you consider yourself part of ANY clique, team, community, co-op, conspiratoral theory group, teacher's pet, apple of someone's eye, the snag tooth in a Cheshire Grin -

WHATEVER! title you wish to put on it.

Why? Whether you like it or not, as a Seller here, you ARE part of a group. Helping you find ways to make your auctions better, becoming more productive, should create happier Sellers and in turn, happier Buyers. It works to promote this site and the auction site more - in turn, promoting YOU the Seller. In the long run, that promotes ALL of us.

More customers means more sales - for everybody. Any one who has ever done cold call sales knows exactly what I am talking about.

You won't be forced to read the thread, it won't be foisted on you to follow. All of them will be SUGGESTIONS and brain storming to help you make more sales.

Why am I doing this? Maybe the question should actually be, "Why not?" If you have any suggestions to throw into the pot, please do so! I would like to see this another Team, Community, Fleet, Snaggle Tooth Project!

Please continue on with your lively banter and beheadings .....laughing

kush
01-08-2010, 03:33 PM
...whether or not you consider yourself part of ANY clique, team, community, co-op, conspiratoral theory group, teacher's pet, apple of someone's eye, the snag tooth in a Cheshire Grin -

You are all here to entertain me - DANCE, PUPPETS, DANCE!

yada
01-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Good Golly Aunt Molly!

Lol - For a thread addressed to Barnett about something being about time, this sure has wandered all over and back!

If I go to a car dealer, there is a fleet of cars there and a fleet of sales personnel,

That doesn't mean the sales personnel are all ships of a thousand leagues.

I go to that same car dealership, and there is a team of sales personnel at that car dealership, that doesn't mean there's 11 of them and they are on their 4th down and 10 to go.

At this rate though, someone's bound to be close to a couple of "Hail Mary" s by now.
Oi VEY!

When I go to a dealership to purchase a car, I don't want to know if the 3rd in line of sales doesn't like the front receptionist but thinks the head mechanic is a hotty totty in her onsie.

I'm there to buy a car and as far as I'm concerned, they are all in the same building, they are all part of that business, whether they like it said or not. They are all, from the newly hired to the top bigwig - part of the group (fleet, team, community, etc), no matter their level of or lack of participation.

I came up with an idea of Banners for the Radio Show on these sites for the cross exposure. Barnett answered me (somewhere buried in this thread) that the Monday Nite Radio Show was now signed for X amount of banners on the sites.

The only possibloe skinned noses in this is MAYBE Barnett's. And MAYBE mine with the keeping my word.

In a few days, if no one else has done it, I'm going to do an informational post on how any of you can capitalize on all of the promotions going around, whether or not you consider yourself part of ANY clique, team, community, co-op, conspiratoral theory group, teacher's pet, apple of someone's eye, the snag tooth in a Cheshire Grin -

Why? Whether you like it or not, as a Seller here, you ARE part of a group. Helping you find ways to make your auctions better, becoming more productive, should create happier Sellers and in turn, happier Buyers. It works to promote this site and the auction site more - in turn, promoting YOU the Seller. In the long run, that promotes ALL of us.

More customers means more sales - for everybody. Any one who has ever done cold call sales knows exactly what I am talking about.

You won't be forced to read the thread, it won't be foisted on you to follow. All of them will be SUGGESTIONS and brain storming to help you make more sales.

Why am I doing this? Maybe the question should actually be, "Why not?" If you have any suggestions to throw into the pot, please do so! I would like to see this another Team, Community, Fleet, Snaggle Tooth Project!

Please continue on with your lively banter and beheadings .....laughing

Why don't we start by you putting some kind of Aquabid promtion on your web site, Amazon.

yada
01-08-2010, 07:20 PM
<<Why? Whether you like it or not, as a Seller here, you ARE part of a group. Helping you find ways to make your auctions better, becoming more productive, should create happier Sellers and in turn, happier Buyers. It works to promote this site and the auction site more - in turn, promoting YOU the Seller. In the long run, that promotes ALL of us.>>

I am not part of a group, club, clich, or anything else here. I come here to try to glean a bit of knowledge and leave some when I can.
If you want more folks here clean up the language and smart alek stuff. The name calling, even in fun isn't entertaining to those outside the group.
Selling? I don't need anone to tell me what to do, I'll do it my way, even if it's wrong. If you want to help my sales, buy something.
I and most of us do what we can to promote the place and will continiue to do so despite the desparaging remarks a few of us are constantly bombarded with.
Even with my low dollar merchandise, I still send Mark a 10 spot now and then. I really appreciate aquabid, even if my website accounts for 10 times more of my sales.

Bluegreen
01-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Took me 2 seconds to find this..
http://www.amazonmoosey.com/tek9.asp?pg=auctions
Granted it points you to Da Moose's auctions but same concept as far as I'm concerned, I can see she has no auctions listed and more then browse the rest of the site.

yada
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Granted it points you to Da Moose's auctions but same concept as far as I'm concerned, I can see she has no auctions listed and more then browse the rest of the site.
I'll agree, its something. Didn't see it earlier but really didn't want it to be there either.
My apologies MS Moosey

AmazonMoosey
01-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanx Bluegreen, but with Mr. Yada it will do no good even if I had my whole site completely covered in AquaBid.com logos. It isn't my offer to assist those that want assistance that bugs Mr. Yada - it is me personally. And that's fine.

Why don't we start by you putting some kind of Aquabid promtion on your web site, Amazon.
I'll make you a deal sweeter than the one I made about being nice to Pete, Mr. Yada.

You do as many different benefit auctions on this site for Aquabid.Com as I have in the past,

You donate as much of your spare time on this site to SNE as I have in the past,

You spend as much time as I have in emails, pms and phone calls, helping others with their a)auctions, b)charity auctions for others of this site c)helping every single person who has emailed, called, chatted, or pm'd (except for the few that wanted to do illegal activities on the board - those I didn't help) me as I have in the past and still continue to do,

And I will even buy from Swampy a great piece of wood, ship it to you free for you to auction for either your personal gain or to contribute to AquaBid.com as your "very own contribution".

If they need help finding a fish, I try and help them find the fish they are wanting.

If they need a good aquatic mentor, I try and help them find someone that would work well with them.

There have been very few requests for help in all these years, I have completely turned away. If I didn't have the answer, I would find someone who did have the answer.

That ball is in your court, Mr. Yada. You want a freebie and promotion - that's the best "freebie" I can offer you. You do with it what you will.

As for my smart aleck posts - tough if you don't like em. Don't read them. It isn't hard to avoid me on this board. You don't like the way I type - that's fine. Don't read them. You don't like my suggestions? That's fine - don't do them.

You don't like me on this board? Tough chitterlins Mr Churly Surly. Or, to be s smart aleck,

http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-comments/attitude/you_may_kiss_my_ass.gif

I'm not going anywhere.

AmazonMoosey
01-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I'll agree, its something. Didn't see it earlier but really didn't want it to be there either.
My apologies MS Moosey
Apology accepted. I will take back the Kiss My Ass then.

I won't take back the offer. I won't delete it either. The offer stands.

yada
01-08-2010, 09:32 PM
What offer? Sounds like rambling pent up anger to me.
You don't bother much Ms Amazon and I'll take or leave your posts as I see fit. I've not asked you nor anyone else on this board, or anywhere for one thing and I won't.

But I will offer a comment now and then when I think it needs said. Try to take it for what it is, my opinion. It is not given to take away anything from anyone. Right or wrong, it is only my opinion. And I'll stick by it.

As far as kissing your a$$ or anything else on you, I'll leave that up to the rest of the folks on the board as I'm sure you would find me inadequate in that area as well.

Now that you have chewed my a$$ and told me off good and proper, I hope you have a good evening. With luck maybe some of the satisfaction will last into tomorrow, I hope it does.

BTW, I just noticed the statement where you said I disliked you personally. Not true, I don't know you I can't dislike you. I hold no animosity at all toward you. Altho I sometime wonder about the animosity you have toward me, but I don't wonder long as it doesn't matter. You have nothing I want and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. So as I said have a good evening.

reticulata
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Why don't we all go have a glass of milk and an Oreo and be thankful for a lot of things that are positive in our lives?

:hug:

RMC
01-09-2010, 05:35 AM
The only cure I can see is to take ten paces, turn around, and open fire.

AmazonMoosey
01-09-2010, 07:15 AM
The only cure I can see is to take ten paces, turn around, and open fire.
Ha! You have me confused with a couple of others from politics, RMC. laughing I don't want to shoot Yada for speaking his opinion. Good try though! :rofl:

Yada, the offer to you is there and you know it as well as I. As for animosity, you might try re-reading your pm's and posts of the past in the forums.

The offer of a post to help others with capitalizing on their auctions was an offer to all. You turned it to you and what you don't want - what you will refuse - what should and should not be acceptable. You've been negative on any idea in this thread from the beginning.

Every week, in the forums there is a question, in pm's there is a question, in emails there is a question from people that want to make their auctions better, to be able to DIY. You don't think it's needed, I do.

Maybe you think it is to turn every one's auction into looking and sounding like every one else's.

It isn't.

It sure isn't to help the "power sellers" - they already have the know how and the tricks. It's to help the people starting out, the ones who don't know computers that well, the ones who become mind blank at the screen of white in front of them in posting an auction.

I don't understand what your concerns are, in helping out others on this board. I don't know why you see that as inappropriate, not good, shouldn't be done.

No one is forcing you to help or change. No one is stopping you from helping or changing either.

You can choose to participate - or not.

yada
01-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Moosey, tyhat is the first post of yours I have read that left me totally mystified. It doesn't reflect my position at all. I've never refused to help anyone.

I don't need to change but I think my statements should be taken as read and not what is read into them.

What offer are you talking about. I see no offer. But I want nothing for nothing anyway.

Anyway this boring discussion has finally went beyond endurance, so lets agree that we'll each do as we please.

lotsoffish
01-09-2010, 10:29 AM
<<Why? Whether you like it or not, as a Seller here, you ARE part of a group. Helping you find ways to make your auctions better, becoming more productive, should create happier Sellers and in turn, happier Buyers. It works to promote this site and the auction site more - in turn, promoting YOU the Seller. In the long run, that promotes ALL of us.>>

I am not part of a group, club, clich, or anything else here. I come here to try to glean a bit of knowledge and leave some when I can.
If you want more folks here clean up the language and smart alek stuff. The name calling, even in fun isn't entertaining to those outside the group.
Selling? I don't need anone to tell me what to do, I'll do it my way, even if it's wrong. If you want to help my sales, buy something.
I and most of us do what we can to promote the place and will continiue to do so despite the desparaging remarks a few of us are constantly bombarded with.
Even with my low dollar merchandise, I still send Mark a 10 spot now and then. I really appreciate aquabid, even if my website accounts for 10 times more of my sales.
Look Youranalness,

I am going to tell you this one more time, every fish forum is set up and run differently. There are THOUSANDS of regular old fish forums around where you can hang out and learn about fish and the hobby. They don't allow name calling and general horse play at those forums. But here's the deal Yada. Why would we want this forum to be just like those are? If the folks that participate here wanted this forum to be just like all those other ones THEY WOULDN"T BE HERE.

What's so hard to understand about that?

This forum attracts NON ANAL folks that keep fish and DON'T want to hang out with a bunch of ANAL folks. :thumbsdown:

I get around. I sell more boxes of crap in a week that you probably do in a year. Remember, just because I am running 18 auctions this week does NOT mean I am only shipping 18 boxes next week. Hell, I am shipping 13 boxes today. I talk to A LOT of fish folks and I get invited to join a lot of forums and sites. I choose to hang out here because it's a FUN place to be AND FUN people hang out here.. If I didn't enjoy this forum I would be out of here in a heartbeat.

I bet almost everyone else that posts here feels exactly the same way I do.

Also, two more things. I am NOT part of any gang, group, or whatever. I treat everyone the same here.

I also don't feel it's my job to be nice here to promote this site. I promote this site by running awesome, wild auctions, and then backing up my insanity with nice boxes of "stuff". That does more to promote Aquabid than a bunch of analness with ever do for this site.

I see you bickering with Moosey. If I stick up for her am I going to be part of 'the gang"? Since I don't agree with 90% of her posts, I don't think so, but I will tell you one thing. You are oozing with analness if you think Mooseys a problem here in this forum. :rolleyes:

Swampy
01-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Has anyone seen the banner?
Has anyone capatilized the b?
Does it have a schedule on it?

Thank you Mark -

Yada - you are welcome to join the SwampMoose Threadraiders. :wink2:
Only requirements are half your posts must be informative and -
The other half must kiss other gangmembers' asses by promoting their sales.

The founding members are exempt from any asskissing.

Mr. Chips
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I talk to A LOT of fish folks and I get invited to join a lot of forums and sites. I choose to hang out here because it's a FUN place to be AND FUN people hang out here.. If I didn't enjoy this forum I would be out of here in a heartbeat.

Also, two more things. I am NOT part of any gang, group, or whatever. I treat everyone the same here.
Ditto.

You all know that I am new here. This is the only forum I joined where I participate. The others I only joined because they forced me to do so in order to read their discussions. Today as well as the day I joined them, I don't remember the names of those forums. I chose this site, after reading it for a couple of weeks, because of the silliness. People were having fun and it wasn't full of anal retentive people.

yeahbut1
01-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Does this mean Frank sold out for the price of an Asian Arowana.

:nono:
AquaRadio.Net will "only" be playing Gaming Music from now on!
:cry:
http://ibwblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/glenn_beck-in-hospital1.jpg
Obsessive Compulsive folks range from hoarders to Detective Monk.

Anal folks either need to control to point they can't crap
Or
Feel so out of control they get the runs.

Of course when the ones who can't crap loose control ..
they end up with mud butt.
Note photo above*

So two things.

1.When I had fish I would promote individual sellers.
I also expressed my respect for Veterans
After years of posting in the forums people get to know like and respect one another
People who click form Clicks

2. Yeahbut is anal when it comes to bathroom type humor

* .. In some rare cases of mud butt
after many years of constipation
when there is a loss of control
it flies like bats out a cave
bat-crap-crazy-glenn_beck-in-hospital1.jpg

Coryologist
01-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I have the modification of the banner of my list of "things to do," today. Being old, sick and tired I cannot be expected to operate at the pace of you whipper-snappers.
Also, where do I redeem those banner credits? I need a toaster and a blender. - Frank :tycoon: :bigboss:

yada
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Good Gosh but you folks can get things screwed up, I never insinuated any of the stuff you are ranting about. This is bucking hilarious. :duel: :lol2: :duel: :lol2:

RMC
01-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Did Boxermom get a banner too?

Mr. Chips
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Good Gosh but you folks can get things screwed up, I never insinuated any of the stuff you are ranting about. This is bucking hilarious. :duel: :lol2: :duel: :lol2:
So true. You basically said you were not on any team and if it isn't broke don't fix it.

yada
01-09-2010, 12:48 PM

Look Youranalness,

I am going to tell you this one more time, every fish forum is set up and run differently. There are THOUSANDS of regular old fish forums around where you can hang out and learn about fish and the hobby. They don't allow name calling and general horse play at those forums. But here's the deal Yada. Why would we want this forum to be just like those are? If the folks that participate here wanted this forum to be just like all those other ones THEY WOULDN"T BE HERE.

What's so hard to understand about that?

This forum attracts NON ANAL folks that keep fish and DON'T want to hang out with a bunch of ANAL folks. :thumbsdown:

I get around. I sell more boxes of crap in a week that you probably do in a year. Remember, just because I am running 18 auctions this week does NOT mean I am only shipping 18 boxes next week. Hell, I am shipping 13 boxes today. I talk to A LOT of fish folks and I get invited to join a lot of forums and sites. I choose to hang out here because it's a FUN place to be AND FUN people hang out here.. If I didn't enjoy this forum I would be out of here in a heartbeat.

I also don't feel it's my job to be nice here to promote this site. I promote this site by running awesome, wild auctions, and then backing up my insanity with nice boxes of "stuff". That does more to promote Aquabid than a bunch of analness with ever do for this site.

I see you bickering with Moosey. If I stick up for her am I going to be part of 'the gang"? Since I don't agree with 90% of her posts, I don't think so, but I will tell you one thing. You are oozing with analness if you think Mooseys a problem here in this forum. :rolleyes:

Actually Mang, you are to blame for me being here. A few years ago I bought a box of chocalate Gouramis from you. It was about the first purchase I made on AquaBid and was in the dead of winter and cold as hell. Anyhow when the fish got here there were 2 dead ones in the box. Now that wasn't all or even half the fish in the box but I wrote and told you about it. Well, you didn't even answer, you just sent me another order, not just the 2 dead ones but the entire boxfull. No argument, no pictures, just more fish. Well I thought wow thats the place to do business. And it is. There are several sellers here who I believe operate the same way. Thats why I hang around here, not for companionship or company but for some good knowledge and square deals.

yeahbut1
01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Thats why I hang around here, not for companionship or company but for some good knowledge and square deals.

hope they never ban sexual encounters in the car (just saying)
I read in the NY Times that some state just did that.
Thanks for sharing with us!

Msdevine
01-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Did Boxermom get a banner too?
:crazy: I want a banner too...

Mark
01-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I have the modification of the banner of my list of "things to do," today. Being old, sick and tired I cannot be expected to operate at the pace of you whipper-snappers.
Also, where do I redeem those banner credits? I need a toaster and a blender. - Frank :tycoon: :bigboss:
You don't have to do anything. Your banner is in rotation on 488 aquarium fish websites.

Anyone can create an account on AquaBoards.com

How it works ?
Here's how it works. Once you sign up, you'll be given some HTML code to insert into your web page. Each time somebody views your web page, a graphical banner like the one below will automatically appear.

This banner will be an advertisement for either

1. another member,
2. AquaBanners.com,
3. a sponsor/paid advertiser.

Each time our system displays a banner on your site, we'll automatically credit your AquaBanners.com account with 1/2 a credit. For every full credit your account earns, our system will display your banner on other members' sites.

For example, if your site displays 1000 banners, your AquaBanners.com account earns 500 credits, and our system will display your banner 500 times on other AquaBanners.com member sites. Your credits will be spent automatically by our system, as long as you have submitted a banner that is approved for display on other members sites.

Coryologist
01-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks, Mark. I do want to have the banner read AquaBid, as you requested. - Frank

P.S. Does this mean I've got no shot at a toaster or blender. !!$#&*^@@

Coryologist
01-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh. Forgive my bad manners. Thanks a lot, Mark. :tycoon: :bigboss:

yeahbut1
01-09-2010, 03:29 PM
You don't have to do anything. Your banner is in rotation on 488 aquarium fish websites.

Anyone can create an account on AquaBoards.com

How it works ?
Here's how it works. Once you sign up, you'll be given some HTML code to insert into your web page. Each time somebody views your web page, a graphical banner like the one below will automatically appear.

This banner will be an advertisement for either

1. another member,
2. AquaBanners.com,
3. a sponsor/paid advertiser.

Each time our system displays a banner on your site, we'll automatically credit your AquaBanners.com account with 1/2 a credit. For every full credit your account earns, our system will display your banner on other members' sites.

For example, if your site displays 1000 banners, your AquaBanners.com account earns 500 credits, and our system will display your banner 500 times on other AquaBanners.com member sites. Your credits will be spent automatically by our system, as long as you have submitted a banner that is approved for display on other members sites.
:paper:
That's Heavy Man..

lotsoffish
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
:paper:
That's Heavy Man..
Thanks Paul.

That line REALLY cracked me up! :gickle:

Swampy
01-13-2010, 07:05 PM
And now I know you're dissatisfied
With your position and your place
Don't you understand
It's not my problem

I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment
I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
You'd know what a drag it is
To see you
Great Dylan song and very appropriate -

I read an interview with John Lennon and he referred to a night early in the Beatles career when the phone rang in the middle of the night.
It went something like this.

John answered - Hello -
Hey John this is Bob - It's all in the words John - It's all in the words.
and then he hung up

marli
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Um...I don't get it. Why is it bad that they owe you money? I could see it if it was the other way around...but...

Not getting it.

Confused smiles, marli

lotsoffish
01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Um...I don't get it. Why is it bad that they owe you money? I could see it if it was the other way around...but...

Not getting it.

Confused smiles, marli
LOL!

Forget it Marli.

They don't 'get it" either.

This forum is the absolute most entertaining thing you could ever watch or read anywhere in the known Universe.

OK, who's going to act like a complete idiot next? :gickle:

marli
01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
...and POOF they are gone...

still confused, but moving on.

smiles, marli