PDA

View Full Version : FONTS

thorny
01-24-2010, 09:30 PM
[b]Hey Mark it's been suggested we might be able to end some of the hard feelings and the countless
"I'm Sorry I misunderstood you" posts if we had a SARCASM font.
Whats with folks not being able to see humor or chiding anymore.
Everyone's got their panties in a knot.

edited to remove the stupid smileys

erinmcc
01-25-2010, 01:49 AM
People just need to lighten up cuz *whispers* it's the internet.

AmazonMoosey
01-25-2010, 05:32 AM
People just need to lighten up cuz *whispers* it's the internet.
Ohhhmmmm! You whispered! I'm telling! laughing

Thorny and Marli (as your post about this was similar somewhere), a good idea for those who use the emoticons. I canna find the ones I like after he moved em again - but I have the ones I liked memorized to type in.

People _could_ just ask what the other person meant, but that might lead to actual communication versus communication for appearances....

I know I prolly sound far fetched, but I don't think peoples' moods has much to do with the bannings, the internals of here. I think much of the uptightness has to do with the unrest this country is in. This is just a reflection of it and what they are feeling in their communities, such as what happened to you.

I could be wrong - this could be all about Goober and Frank and Pete being banned and from what I saw on the boards, without warning, over something quite trivial.

Well if I am wrong, I am wrong. But don't think you get to throw a Taco or a Happy Meal in my face if I am! :rolleyes:

(I actually thought this rolleyes represented sarcasm - I am so far behind in emoticons true emotions any more.....)

Hmmmm....:thinking: Hey Barnett! Can we have a Sarcasm Emoticon AND a Food Fight Emoticon?

I haven't had any tongue in cheek food fights in a long time!

erinmcc
01-25-2010, 06:40 AM
I always miss all the drama. Who got banned for what? And if people are throwing around tacos, they SHOULD be banned! I love tacos!

missylady
02-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Some new emoticons would be great :thumbsup:

Nabobmob1
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Yea how bout a "beating a dead horse" Econ :lol2:

marli
02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
RMC has/had that in Purgatory chat. He'd be able to tell ya where to get it. That is...if he's in the mood to share, hah!

Smiles, marli

DLW777
02-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Careful though, cuz even if you use emoticons, someone is liable to misinterpret your sarcasm/joking around, and rather than ask you what you meant, or joke around with you , or ignore it, they are more than likely to snap at you around this place.

Unwadding some panties and other undergarments is always a good idea once in awhile. :snicker:

:tongue: :devil: :violin: :ninja:

added extra smilies for those that hate them

Charlie
02-01-2010, 06:38 PM
RMC has/had that in Purgatory chat. He'd be able to tell ya where to get it. That is...if he's in the mood to share, hah!

Smiles, marli
The King (RMC) still has that icon ....and I'm sure that anyone that wants to can come into Purgatoy Chat and use it at anytime.

lauratowerhunt
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
wait a minute, now i'm confused...i thought making people feel indignant, incompetent, as well as all the "NO MORONS" and related sayings on everbody's avatars was supposed to 'promote' a feeling of inadequacy for all to laugh at...guess i missed the point again....

... :surrender:

marli
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Smiles, marli
The King (RMC) still has that icon ....and I'm sure that anyone that wants to can come into Purgatoy Chat and use it at anytime.
Pretty sure Bomb wanted that icon here, but yes, folks can use it in Purgatory Chat. Not the point of the post, but thanks for being RMC's mouthpiece. I wonder if he appreciates your efforts near enough, Chuck.

~pats Chuck on the back and walks out of thread laughing~

Still laughing, marli

Charlie
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM

Smiles, marli
Pretty sure Bomb wanted that icon here, but yes, folks can use it in Purgatory Chat. Not the point of the post, but thanks for being RMC's mouthpiece. I wonder if he appreciates your efforts near enough, Chuck.

Still laughing, marli
Well to start with I was trying to be helpful, and you get all nasty....I'm not the King's mouthpiece, any more than you are.
I'd pat you on the backside , but I might loose my hand

oneSockShort
02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
thanks for being RMC's mouthpiece. I wonder if he appreciates your efforts near enough, Chuck.

Still laughing, marli
hey Marli... didn't that used to be your job? :rolleyes:

oneSockShort
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Still laughing, marli
Well to start with I was trying to be helpful, and you get all nasty....I'm not the King's mouthpiece, any more than you are.
ya know if you two had used the sarcasm smiley a lot of hard feeling could've been avoided :rolleyes:

marli
02-01-2010, 07:47 PM
My goodness, somebody is cranky tonight. Look Chuck, I didn't get nasty, just stated some facts:

1: you are speaking for RMC, hence you are being a mouthpiece. It's ok, nothing to be ashamed of really. I just hope he appreciates your efforts.

2: saying folks could use the icon in Purgatory Chat really wasn't all that helpful to what I posted. I bet you knew that too, didn't ya? Silly man.

As for my backside, I'm not sure you'd loose your hand. But you don't have to worry about that, cause you won't be patting me there or anywhere else. Your imagination will have to suffice, as we probably won't see each other again.

Have a nice night Chuck.

Still laughing, marli

marli
02-01-2010, 07:53 PM
thanks for being RMC's mouthpiece. I wonder if he appreciates your efforts near enough, Chuck.

Still laughing, marli
hey Marli... didn't that used to be your job? :rolleyes:
I don't think so Frank. The RMC I knew didn't need anyone to speak for him. Guess that's why I was so surprised to see Chucks' post. But it gave me a good laugh.

Hey Frank, are you working tonight? Or can ya chat for a bit?

Smiles, marli

Charlie
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
My goodness, somebody is cranky tonight. Look Chuck, I didn't get nasty, just stated some facts:

1: you are speaking for RMC, hence you are being a mouthpiece. It's ok, nothing to be ashamed of really. I just hope he appreciates your efforts.

2: saying folks could use the icon in Purgatory Chat really wasn't all that helpful to what I posted. I bet you knew that too, didn't ya? Silly man.

As for my backside, I'm not sure you'd loose your hand. But you don't have to worry about that, cause you won't be patting me there or anywhere else. Your imagination will have to suffice, as we probably won't see each other again.

Have a nice night Chuck.

Still laughing, marli
Me Cranky.....Be real...I'm probably the most stable and easy going person you know.
1. If it makes you feel any better you may go on thinking that way about me being a mouthpiece.
2. You were unsure if that icon was still in Purgatory chat.....I just confirmed that it still is.....silly girl.
3. As for us probably not seeing each other again....are you leaving the country or planning on not being involved in fish anymore ?

Marli , you have a great night and I hope you sleep well....Charlie

marli
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Me Cranky.....Be real...I'm probably the most stable and easy going person you know.
1. If it makes you feel any better you may go on thinking that way about me being a mouthpiece.
2. You were unsure if that icon was still in Purgatory chat.....I just confirmed that it still is.....silly girl.
3. As for us probably not seeing each other again....are you leaving the country or planning on not being involved in fish anymore ?

Marli , you have a great night and I hope you sleep well....Charlie
Hee, you've been fun to play with tonight Chuck!

Anyone who speaks for someone else is typically called a mouthpiece. I've been one before, you are being one tonight. It's all good.

I wasn't really unsure about the icon being there, I knew it was, but thought it would be better to let RMC say one way or the other, as it's his chatroom and all. Ownership does have its' privileges you know, smiles.

And no, I'm not leaving the country. And yes, I'll still be involved in fish. But you and I won't really cross paths much I bet. I've got local auctions the same days as you have your locals, so that leaves OCA. And you left kinda early last time, so I just figure I wouldn't see you next time. Hey though, who knows? Stranger things have happened. You and I both know THAT.

Thanks for the well wishes on my sleep tonight Chuck. I have some plans first, but I'm pretty positive that after all is said and done, I'll sleep quite soundly. Giggles.

Smiles, marli

DLW777
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I thought he was RMC or maybe Mark. Didn't know anyone called him the King. Kinda thought that icon was used as SARCASM. :king: :rolleyes:

P.S. I've been called Pete's mouthpiece before. Doesn't make it true just cuz I was agreeing with him about something. He's got his own mouth and it is big enough without anyone else helping him out. :rolleyes:

Oh, and OldTanks has a message for anyone new. Besides, look at my link so you can see my tanks for sale:

Welcome Aboard!

Very nice people here, where everyone is just like family.

Feel free to post your questions to the forums, and photos to the gallery.

:rolleyes:

marli
02-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I thought he was RMC or maybe Mark. Didn't know anyone called him the King. Kinda thought that icon was used as SARCASM. :king: :rolleyes:

P.S. I've been called Pete's mouthpiece before. Doesn't make it true just cuz I was agreeing with him about something. He's got his own mouth and it is big enough without anyone else helping him out. :rolleyes:

Oh, and OldTanks has a message for anyone new. Besides, look at my link so you can see my tanks for sale:

Welcome Aboard!

That last part sounds...just so...familiar! Where oh where have I heard that before?

I'm sure it will come to me eventually.

Giggles, marli

DLW777
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM

Welcome Aboard!

That last part sounds...just so...familiar! Where oh where have I heard that before?

I'm sure it will come to me eventually.

Giggles, marli
:gickle:

Mark
02-06-2010, 11:21 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/sarcmark-sarcasm-emoticon_n_421802.html

oneSockShort
02-06-2010, 12:13 PM
the kids in the hall video at the bottom of that page didn't work...
try this one
sarcasm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R0TOsnFGug

citizen kane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3-LxmrFm40&feature=related

apathetic robber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OWCtFTeyP4&feature=related

Mark
02-07-2010, 05:00 AM
i guess some people just look at the pictures :scarcasm:

thorny
02-07-2010, 10:56 AM
You're kidding me :scarcasm: :wall:

AmazonMoosey
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
You're kidding me :scarcasm: :wall:
:scarcasm: the $1.99 is the best deal out there. Think of all the people who bought the $5.99 version for their computers - and all they got for their money was just a little more

:scarcasm:

I hope it was worth it to them!