PDA

View Full Version : strange question

Nabobmob1
02-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Yesterday I moved my male LFBN and egg clutch into my cherry tank for hatch out, which I've done before. Tonight I shot a flashlight into the cave and the cherrys have eaten his tail off?

This has never happened before but my colony is bigger then its ever been also?

I'm I depriving them something in their diet that would have caused this feeding frenzy?

Needless to say, I moved the male to another tank.

Mr. Chips
02-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I suggest dumping quart of ammonia into that tank. Then drain and rinse it. That otta take care of those piranha shrimp. :gickle:

If there are any survivors let them live. That way they can tell the future generations what god does to them when they eat they living.

kush
02-28-2010, 05:12 AM
My cherries ate a twenty dollar royal a couple of years ago - the royal just sat there acting dead and the cherries treated him accordingly.

Mr. Chips
02-28-2010, 05:20 AM
So what do you guys do move the shrimp to a chichlid tank?

kush
02-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Well, for starters, I don't put expensive lethargic plecs in with the shrimp anymore.

acanbill
02-28-2010, 08:50 AM
shot a flashlight into the cave and the cherrys have eaten his tail off?
:duel: Wow the little guys can fight back. I have a Cherry tank and often scoop some of them into fish tanks for their shrimpettes to provide a source of continual food (but never with the angels) they eat the adult cherries too. Now i got to watch these sneaky Cherries. Thanks for the info. :paper:

yada
02-28-2010, 11:43 AM
A couple of years back, I was into shrimp and when they get a little warm, upper 80s, they seem to go crazy and will attact fish. I don't know if all shrimp are that way or just the few I was fooling with but it may be something to think about.