PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Taunton MA

suburbancochins
03-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello (:
I'm Mark and im Located here in Taunton MA!
I have some 40 + Small common MyStery Snails In a 5 Gallon Tank...They are so healthy and i love them! I Had guppies that i raised from babies in my 10 gallon but theyre dying off? I only have a pair left :sad:
O well. I am hoping to fill my 10 gallon with some ivory mystery snails soon...
-Mark

marli
03-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey Mark, welcome to the nuthouse. There are a few Massholes here, myself included. You've found a good place to hang out!

Smiles, marli

CoryLoachFreak
03-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Howdy Mark, and welcome to AquaBoards/AquaBid. :bigthumbsup: You have found the BEST place on the net !!!!!

I was born in New Bedford Mass, but don't hold that against me. :gickle:

How many tanks ya running sir?

Jeff
"ThePlantManager"

Swampy
03-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Helleaux and Welcome to the Forums Mark.

Pablitosfishies
03-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Welcome.

suburbancochins
03-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Howdy Mark, and welcome to AquaBoards/AquaBid. :bigthumbsup: You have found the BEST place on the net !!!!!

I was born in New Bedford Mass, but don't hold that against me. :gickle:

How many tanks ya running sir?

Jeff
"ThePlantManager"
Thanks Everyone :dance:
I Have a 5 (supposed to be a fry tank) with snails. An Empty 10, and a 29 gallon with a huge Common Pleco.

Steve5495
03-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm from Winthrop Ma. So I understand Pete,and his Idealistic views.

CoryLoachFreak
03-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks Everyone :dance:
I Have a 5 (supposed to be a fry tank) with snails. An Empty 10, and a 29 gallon with a huge Common Pleco.
Don't worry sir, if you hang out with us very long, you will be bragging all the time about scoring another tank, and another tank, and another tank, etc. :gickle: It's a dang sickness, I tell ya !!!!! First things first:...... Get that poor Pleco a 125g or bigger!!!! :v8: The get him a nice colony of Cichlids. Then take that 29g and put a breeding pair of something in it. Might as well pick up a 55g so you can have a nice planted tank with a couple pairs of Angels and some Cardinal Tetras. Then tell the wife that you HAVE to have a couple racks of 20L's to stick fry in. THen a little bit after that, tell her you have to have a few racks of 55's for grow out tanks. :nod:

Where in Mass. do you live? I lived just out of Springfield back in 74' at Westover AFB. Used to love going to Chicapee Falls, and around the area. We were also there a few years ago when we stayed the week at Little Compton RI. Had to go visit family in in Providence, and cruised all over the place in Mass. and RI. Hopefully the wife and I will be headed out that way again later this summer. If the winters didn't get so cold, I would love to move back there.

Have a great day my friend, and don't be afraid to ask any questions around here. We have some of THEE TOP hobbyist around the world here, and they can answer any question that you can throw at us. Always great to see new faces. :bigthumbsup:

Jeff
"ThePlantManager"

marli
03-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Where in Mass. do you live? I lived just out of Springfield back in 74' at Westover AFB. Used to love going to Chicapee Falls, and around the area. We were also there a few years ago when we stayed the week at Little Compton RI. Had to go visit family in in Providence, and cruised all over the place in Mass. and RI. Hopefully the wife and I will be headed out that way again later this summer. If the winters didn't get so cold, I would love to move back there.
Hey CLF, you've been away from Mass too long if ya don't remember where Taunton is! Maybe if you come back in the summer you can see where I live, too. Wonder if Westover is having their air show this year?

A is where I am, B is where you were, and C is where Taunton is.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2705/4413786147_dd0fe731f4.jpg

Smiles, marli

crazygregg
03-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Im located not far from The little dot in Ct that says Tolland.:grin: If there is a fish shop between NY & MAine theres a 95% chance Ive been to it at least once. One of my favorites is Aqua Life not far from Taunton in Providence RI. its a small store but George & his wife get alot of cool stuff & there isnt anything that he doesnt know about fish.I try to get down there at least once a month but I havnt been able to latley.

lauratowerhunt
03-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Yep,

Snails are cool, they're definately a bit harder to kill off than fish..lol..at least with mine...my guppies don't do so well either but my angelfish thrive...welcome.

Laura

judydu2
03-14-2010, 05:11 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb301/grannylongshank/Z%20gifs%20jpegs/emo-welcome100.gif

suburbancochins
03-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks Everyone!
Im going to have to check out that fish place in Providence