PDA

View Full Version : TWEAKING THE SITE ....

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi there, newbie from Australia.

I have just discovered this fantastic site Aquabid & bought a couple of Bettas. However, having been an avid eBayer for the last 10 years (40k feedback buying/selling), I found the site somewhat difficult to use and lacking some features that I wonder if they could not perhaps be added to improve functionality - yes, I appreciate Aquabid is NOT eBay, but I think my ideas & examples below are basic ...

(1) e.g. I want to search for "Halfmoon" under Betta category and then specifically for "Red" , "Copper", "Dragon" etc - I then lose the ability to see thumbnails which is totally irritating!

(2) Unable to sort by price - lowest to highest etc

(3) Unable to search by regions i.e. USA/Thailand etc only

(4) Would be easier for worldwide buyers if time remaining showed in days, then hours, (as per eBay) in lieu of just date/time in category.

(5) Would be great if educational emails be sent out to sellers periodically teaching & reminding them of basic & fundamental listing practices such as using ALL available characters in an auction title line, fully describing the colours & type of fish instead of simply giving it a name such as "Gothic Wonder", "Storm" and little, if nothing else! They don't seem to understand that the description is what buyers use to search, so if they are trying to sell a metallic "Big HM Platinum Red Blue Black Dragon " then list it as that. I'm currently trying to find a tri-band, not one single one comes up in search, grrrrr!

I simply don't get why so many sellers don't list important & integral features in their listing's title such as "Copper", "Gold", "Dragon", "Monster", "Big", "Giant" etc. instead of silly superfluous characters, unnecessary names or very average descriptive words such as "lovely", "beautiful" which do little to entice buyers to click on a listing.

(6) Perhaps an area on the site for transhippers to list themselves and outline how they operate & the specific procedures relating to their respective countries insofar as the importation of fish is concerned (time frames, telling buyers what to expect, giving buyers instructions on what steps to take to notify them, pro-forma emails they prefer to receive etc. etc)

(7) "Wanted to Buy" ads - darned if I can figure out how to launch one but would like to be able to put one up including a photo of a fish so that if any sellers have one coming on they could touch base.

(8) Server issues? Many times site is painfully slow and/or can't get on at all with various error messages (particularly over this w/end just gone).

Cheers

yada
03-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Great ideas! I bet when you build your site it will be grand.

Skiboy
03-22-2010, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31l87w2b0bs

lauratowerhunt
03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
I think the huge amount of money Ebay has to throw at perfecting their product may not be available to Mark, administrator/owner of the site...unless he's hiding it in his mattress somewhere....

No, it's kind of a cumbersome site in some ways but if you start small some of these changes might be incorporated.

Laura

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Yada, sarcasim is the lowest form of wit!

Skiboy, why so, dreamer? It was a dream to start the site, that dream that was realised and very, very well too, might I add! However, should not every great site strive to be greater?

Cute Green C. Conure :) My African Grey is currently beat-boxing at me, God only knows where he picked that up!!!

Laura, frankly I'm astounded that sellers aren't charged a sliding scale on their sales, even if only a very nominal %. There's no such thing as a free lunch & paypal stick it to everyone so why shouldn't the venue who provides the platform for some to make an income, others to fund their hobby etc?

Coryologist
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I found the site somewhat difficult to use and lacking some features that I wonder if they could not perhaps be added to improve functionality - yes, I appreciate Aquabid is NOT eBay, but I think my ideas & examples below are basic ...
The only thing basic around here is the actual functionality of the site. As for your "suggestions" - Welcome to Fantasyland. Enjoy your visit. - Frank

P.S. I hope my wit was not too low for you, cuz it certainly was sarcastic. We all have our areas of expertise.

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Smiles, Cheers Frank ... I've read many of your posts and have enjoyed them all immensely .... I just love your dryness. I take it from reading your words that you are a "Vet" - if that is in fact the case, then let me take this opportunity to say "Thank you" to you, from me & mine!" for doing your bit to keep our world a better place.

RMC
03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Send me some wild rainbowfish and I'll give you some tips on how to work this site and the posters in the forums. :gickle:

:king:

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 08:10 PM
RMC sorry, not being at all partial to our native flora & fauna, I know diddly squat about it ..... you'd prolly end up with a coupla European Carp :) I don't need any tips on how to handle posters in a fish forum, no matter how ugly they get! :evil:

Coryologist
03-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Smiles, Cheers Frank ...
Greetings and Hallucinations.

I've read many of your posts and have enjoyed them all immensely .... I just love your dryness.
Hmmmm . . . . . an interesting choice of word for someone who has water on the brain. I'm just sayin' . . . . .

I take it from reading your words that you are a "Vet" - if that is in fact the case, then let me take this opportunity to say "Thank you" to you, from me & mine!" for doing your bit to keep our world a better place.
Yes, Vietnam - Class of '68 with a minor in Tet Offensive. I greatly appreciate your "thank you," but I'd prefer it if you showed your appreciation by turning over your life savings via Paypal - but I'd settle for you helping me find some World Class, "Dalmation" bettas. lol. - Frank

RMC
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
I think I might like this person............ Should we teach him the secret handshake?

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Giggles heartily at Frank's post :) Well if those dang fish sellers learnt to describe their fish properly it should be a simple matter of searching "Dalmation" and voila, there's yer bleedin' fish mate! Mind you, you won't get to see the thumbnail on the 100's that pop up so you'll just have to work yer way through them, clicking one by one, until ye sees the big pic of yer World Class beastie.

I never meet a Vet without giving him a hug & a peck on the cheek whilst whispering "Thank you" in his shell-like. Many's an ANZAC day I've accompanied my CUO Cadet daughter to the VVMCC (Vietnam Veteran Motorcycle Club) so she could do the cataflaught (Sp?) party. All heroes, every last one of them and, tragically, there's another generation coming along now :( Love & support the soldiers, loathe the B's on both sides who make it necessary to put them there!

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Oi RMC, I'm a "sheila" - that is to say I have mammaries, NOT testes!!!!

Re my comments pertaining to a "fish forum", I meant that in the sense I've been a member of car forums & they get super ugly, threats of violence, death etc. Pfft, rid the world of testosterone & you rid it of ALL evil :box:

Coryologist
03-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Pfft, rid the world of testosterone & you rid it of ALL evil.
Let's clarify. Testosterone and Estrogen. I'm just sayin' . . . . . . F.

apistodave
03-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Kid you got spunk I think you've made it but dont forget the 1 Huge advantage over E-bay It's free and the owners are approachable,.
If I wasnt familiar with Australia's import laws I would offer to sell you some Super Tremendously Beautiful Copper, Gold Dragon Monster Big Giant Cockatoodies

apistodave
03-22-2010, 08:32 PM

Re my comments pertaining to a "fish forum", I meant that in the sense I've been a member of car forums & they get super ugly, threats of violence, death etc. Pfft, rid the world of testosterone & you rid it of ALL evil :box:
Forgive RMC Sheila :smile: he hasnt made up his mind yet on which he is, so he's confused

RMC
03-22-2010, 08:33 PM

This chick's got balls. :lol:

Goober
03-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Why do I get the feeling that this turns you on ? :barf:

RMC
03-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Beats me.

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 08:56 PM
LMAO a girl (well, an old lady, to be more precise) goes out to feed 'er fish, fiddle with 'er plants, install 'er new heaters & you blokes have run riot!

Err, is it the fact that I can shoot the eye out of a mosquito, drive a tractor, round up cattle on horseback, thrash my *J*E*E*P (* Just Empty Every Pocket) Wnglr named "Pink Bits"up & down ravines, or come to blows with a racist (I'm whiter than white, don't ask) that qualifies me to be awarded the title of "having balls" :dizzy:

As to the issue of the site being free, imo that's just insane! Over here, whenever you go to an auction you pay a buyer's premium, usually in the vicinity of <>3%. As a buyer only, I would be more than happy to pay a buyer's premium of $1 on every fished purchased simply because without Mark's efforts (past, present & future) I would never have been able to secure my next beloved pet.

Sellers fees, well I wouldn't hazard a guess at what I would charge them if the site were mine lest I cause a massive bun-fight & get ousted on my first day here, suffice it to say that $20-30 in Asia is a vast amount of money :-)

apistodave
03-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Well cause like I said RMC hasnt made up his mind yet-maybe this is helping :rolleyes::sad:

RMC
03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
LMAO a girl (well, an old lady, to be more precise) goes out to feed 'er fish, fiddle with 'er plants, install 'er new heaters & you blokes have run riot!

Err, is it the fact that I can shoot the eye out of a mosquito, drive a tractor, round up cattle on horseback, thrash my *J*E*E*P (* Just Empty Every Pocket) Wnglr named "Pink Bits"up & down ravines, or come to blows with a racist (I'm whiter than white, don't ask) that qualifies me to be awarded the title of "having balls" :dizzy:

As to the issue of the site being free, imo that's just insane! Over here, whenever you go to an auction you pay a buyer's premium, usually in the vicinity of <>3%. As a buyer only, I would be more than happy to pay a buyer's premium of $1 on every fished purchased simply because without Mark's efforts (past, present & future) I would never have been able to secure my next beloved pet.

Sellers fees, well I wouldn't hazard a guess at what I would charge them if the site were mine lest I cause a massive bun-fight & get ousted on my first day here, suffice it to say that $20-30 in Asia is a vast amount of money :-)
Well, you wrinkley old bag, you certainly have a different outlook from your side of the World. I'd like to hear more about the hobby down under and anything else you'd share. How do you get fish to quench the addiction? Are your choices limited? Do you have a selling network there? Etc?

Edited to add:

Welcome to the Boards!!

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Chuckles at RMC, I'm liking you boy!

Hell, until 2 weeks ago I was a non-fish person, the only Betta I'd ever seen was a poor, straggly, slow-dying VT on my Boss' desk many years ago.

I "rescued" 5 x petshop moggies in the first week, covered every available flat surface in the house with tanks from 8L to 23L (23L = 6 gal), the latter being the divine "Fluval Edge" which costs a mere $350 here ($99 in USA), pfft!

Then, woe is my credit card, I discovered that the ONLY Aussie Transhipper's shop is 10 mins from my home and I somehow found myself parting with $60 bills for a MG HM that stole my heart, I'd never seen anything so divine.

Then I found the Aussie Betta Forum, then I found Aquabid and I was doomed. So, for the last 2 weeks I've done nothing but study the www every day and into the wee small hours absorbing information about these wee beasties & how to give them the best life possible ... so far I'm excelling in this regard I'm very pleased to say - 0 ammonia thanks to Seachem's Stability & Purigen & a whole lot of fretting.

Bloody eBay in Oz allows nothing live to be sold, unlike the USA ... a mate got suspended for unwittingly listing snails ffs! So, in reality, it's just buy them from those who breed within Oz through the various forums, Fish Chick Aquatics (Transhipper) who has stunning stock or Aquabid - have never seen anything other than a CT or VT in a LFS or petshop although there's a couple of shops in NSW (Sydney) who're selling a smattering of rarer Bettas.

I have had to accept I won't be breeding my beautiful Thai boys because the ability to sell stock on would be far too limited, and LFS's all deal with 1 or 2 massive wholesalers who deal in fresh & salt. Truth be known, I couldn't sleep at night even if LFS's did want to buy them from me after seeing the conditions they're kept in.

I'm currently doing battle with eBay Oz demanding to know why the heck we Aussies should be discriminated against when it comes to being able to sell Betta, live food etc, but (thankfully) management here have changed en masse & I've lost all my senior contacts. They experimented on us Colonists (as the b's always do) trying to enforce paypal as the ONLY acceptable method of payment & we sellers mutinied, took them to the ACCC (Govt anti-competitive watchdog) & whooped their asses good, they're still wiping egg off their ugly dials!

Mark
03-22-2010, 09:46 PM
BettaBetta - I can probably add some of these. #4 is easy.

#1 I can add a show thumbnail option under the Advanced Search.

#2 A bit tougher with the current setup.

#3 You can search by Region such as United States under the Advanced Search - By Location using "United States". No you can not to multiple locations.

#4 I can do this.

#5 I can probably add some copy on the page where sellers create their auction.

#6 - I think most of the transhippers have websites like Jennifer's http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=328295&ck=
The sellers should link to those in their auctions.

#7 - Go under "Items Wanted" in the menu. Select the category for your ad. Under that category is a link "Post A Want Ad In This Category" (Upper right hand corner)

#8 - There was a server problem after I when you bed Saturday evening (my time). When I got up, I have the server reset and back up. Sorry I work a regular job so I can not be looking over the server 24/7. I haven't received emails of the server being slow. For you, you might be trying to access during the time that the server does back ups during the early morning times in the USA.

BettaBetta
03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Cheers Mark, nice to meet you and thank you for your consideration. It's a fabulous site & one that can only go from strength to strength! OMG I just noticed you've got my other fave site in the whole wide world, "Kiva" in your siggy, I'm off to do the same if my technophobic old head can work out how to do it!

Oh, and "Nernie friggen' nernie" to the naysayers, instead of spewing forth sarcasm & downers, is it so hard to put your thinking caps on & come up with ideas that make the place that you buy/sell on just that little bit easier & more functional for you and/or your buyers to use, hmm? Lights another Cafe Creme cigar, inhales deeply & wonders about some folk's inability to live without being a sheep :bigboss:

Skiboy
03-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Thats Supertramp, never need a good reason to post a Supertramp tune. But this site could use Popeye's slogan "I yam what I yam". PS, be careful with items wanted section, its one of the places scam artists lurk.

doctorgori
03-23-2010, 09:16 AM
PLEASE GOOBER STOP IT WITH THE DISTURBING AVATARS :beg: :beg:

what, this time you went back a million yrs and nabbed a austrolepithicus baby?

doctorgori
03-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi there, newbie from Australia.

I have just discovered this fantastic site Aquabid & bought a couple of Bettas. However, having been an avid eBayer for the last 10 years (40k feedback buying/selling), I found the site somewhat difficult to use and lacking some features that I wonder if they could not perhaps be added to improve functionality - yes, I appreciate Aquabid is NOT eBay, but I think my ideas & examples below are basic ...

(1) e.g. I want to search for "Halfmoon" under Betta category and then specifically for "Red" , "Copper", "Dragon" etc - I then lose the ability to see thumbnails which is totally irritating!

(2) Unable to sort by price - lowest to highest etc

(3) Unable to search by regions i.e. USA/Thailand etc only

(4) Would be easier for worldwide buyers if time remaining showed in days, then hours, (as per eBay) in lieu of just date/time in category.

(5) Would be great if educational emails be sent out to sellers periodically teaching & reminding them of basic & fundamental listing practices such as using ALL available characters in an auction title line, fully describing the colours & type of fish instead of simply giving it a name such as "Gothic Wonder", "Storm" and little, if nothing else! They don't seem to understand that the description is what buyers use to search, so if they are trying to sell a metallic "Big HM Platinum Red Blue Black Dragon " then list it as that. I'm currently trying to find a tri-band, not one single one comes up in search, grrrrr!

I simply don't get why so many sellers don't list important & integral features in their listing's title such as "Copper", "Gold", "Dragon", "Monster", "Big", "Giant" etc. instead of silly superfluous characters, unnecessary names or very average descriptive words such as "lovely", "beautiful" which do little to entice buyers to click on a listing.

(6) Perhaps an area on the site for transhippers to list themselves and outline how they operate & the specific procedures relating to their respective countries insofar as the importation of fish is concerned (time frames, telling buyers what to expect, giving buyers instructions on what steps to take to notify them, pro-forma emails they prefer to receive etc. etc)

(7) "Wanted to Buy" ads - darned if I can figure out how to launch one but would like to be able to put one up including a photo of a fish so that if any sellers have one coming on they could touch base.

(8) Server issues? Many times site is painfully slow and/or can't get on at all with various error messages (particularly over this w/end just gone).

Cheers
--I like sugg #2 ...always thought about that myself
--Sugg #5B ....we had a long thread/fight bout "made up" names and such (esp. discus)...it was damn amusing .... (where dd that guy go anyway)
--still, I see some of our oversees/Asian friends are better about breeding than inventing descriptive English names...whadda do?
--dunno whats up with the server issues here...the place is free, so I keep mum

Lastly; just a lil advise, E-bay tactics, ploys and tricks don't last long here (nor are welcome)...not saying you endorse them, just the mention of our AB in the same breath as "E-bay" sends shivers...

nice meeting ya

BettaBetta
03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Skiboy, thanks for the advice re the Wanted section - I would only buy from a recognised seller that my transhipper deals with regularly. Agree, anytime is the right time for Supertramp but, you will see evidenced above, I wasn't dreaming at all re my suggested tweaks. Mark rec'd them, cogitated, and by the sounds of it, intends to implement them. Skips off singing Just Another Brick in the Wall.

Doctorgori, thanks for the welcome. Our Asian friends are a whole different kettle of fish and one that we Aussies are very familiar with due to our very strong ties and proximity ... we have so many resident here we often wonder where we are.

As I only hang out in the Betta section (we can't buy them out of USA), the Asian sandpit is the only one I can pass comment on, and from my observations thus far, it's a decidedly messy little sandpit because many of them just don't get how to sell effectively. I don't have a problem with their cutsie "Gothic Divil (sic)", "Big Ears" (true story) or "Morning Glory", but I sure as heck want to know the crucial facts too, and many ignore that component completely. I'm guessing hobby sellers in other categories don't put much thought or effort into their descriptions either be it fish or dry goods. Why would people make a fuss about breeders choosing funky names for a Discus, hell, does it matter? 'Tis a hobby is all. Artists name their work of art, why not a breeder their fish?

Re your tread carefully eBay advice, thankyou and taken in the manner it was meant. However, let's not forget that the monster eBay was created by Pierre in his basement with a single Pez lolly holder. Now, AB will never reach the same dizzy heights because it really only sells one product, but I see nought wrong in taking the best of ebay's features, functions and benefits & implementing them here for the highest good of all concerned (that would be both sellers & buyers alike).

I started an eBay business for a charity. It started out at $250.00 per month and within it's first 12 weeks went to $20k per month with every piece of re-sale stock being purchased on eBay USA! I had some of the biggest battle royales with them in their history (and won) - I doubt there's a soul on the planet who loathes them more than me but, after a decade, I gained the smarts to know what works at what doesn't from both buying & selling camps, and I simply hope any site I choose to do business on would enjoy the same success which results in higher sales and more fabulous, easy buys.

I'd bet London to a brick most of those sellers' "shivers" stem from the fact that eBay charge like wounded bulls to use their platform, and sellers at AB fear that maybe one day that'll be the case here (and, realistically speaking why shouldn't AB make money for it's owner, I can't think of a single reason why not). Shrugs, that's business, but the fact AB is free doesn't mean it can't plagurise/steal the ideas and functionality of a site that's not in order to make itself better if it so chooses!

Three guys got together in Australia & created Oztion.com.au to rival eBay Australia when it was at its absolute lowest. Their fees are neglible, they copied ebay's functionality to a tee, they eventually became successful and are going from strength to strength and, I guess, the Directors are being financially rewarded for their efforts ... its sellers are making money, its buyers are getting much cheaper, identical products so, all in all, their own micro economy is flourishing.

(9) wonders how hard it would be to find a way to sort fish into male/female categories

Skiboy
03-24-2010, 08:04 AM
OH MY GOD!
Supertramp - Check
Pink Floyd - Check
Mammaries - Check

MY KIND OF GIRL!!!

Swampy
03-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Did someone mention Pink Floyd? :dizzy:

http://www.poster.net/pink-floyd/pink-floyd-dark-side-5000641.jpg

doctorgori
03-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Swampy, I've seen that prism before...what album was that (I know it wasn't the Wall)....
Speak to me Swampy! Breathe!

Swampy
03-24-2010, 08:56 AM
It'll come to you in Time. :gickle:
Did I mention that it's great to have you back Doc?

apistodave
03-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Dark Side of the Moon

Skiboy
03-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Reading the boards today has made me Comfortably Numb.

Swampy
03-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Reading the boards today has made me Comfortably Numb.
If it were drugs numbing you I'd Wish You Were Here.

Underwhelmed
03-24-2010, 05:30 PM
One of These Days, I'll learn not to Meddle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z71jGht-lQo

Swampy
03-25-2010, 09:48 AM
One of These Days, I'll learn not to Meddle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z71jGht-lQo
Yeah - Yeah - Yeah -

When Pigs fly :peace:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/2139604121_b99c9db883.jpg

doctorgori
03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
It'll come to you in Time. :gickle:
Did I mention that it's great to have you back Doc?
Thanks Swampy...all in all I'm just another "brick in the Wall" :whistle:

UNCLERICK666
03-25-2010, 01:01 PM
BACK ON TOPIC.... SORT OF...
IN ORDER TO POST AUCTIONS I ALLOW POP UPS FROM AQUABID.

NOW THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS I GET SECURITY WARNINGS THAT MY COMPUTER IS UNDER ATTACK, AND MICROSOFT NEEDS TO DOWNLOAD NEW SECURITY UPDATES....
EVERYTHING LOOKS FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES LIKE IT IS A MICROSOFT PRODUCT, BUT,
IT ACTUALLY COMES FROM HELLBOY.COM.
IF ANY ONE ELSE IS GETTING THIS ....DO NOT LET IT DOWNLOAD,

JUST CLOSE THE WINDOW EVEN IF YOU CLICK CANCEL IT WILL TRY TO DOWNLOAD AN EXECUTABLE FILE.

ALL THE BEST....... UNCLE

RMC
03-25-2010, 01:04 PM
It's targeting idiots that don't know how to type without the caps lock turned on all the freak'n time. :gickle:

UNCLERICK666
03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/unclerick666/bb.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v670/unclerick666/?action=view&current=bb.jpg)

RMC
03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks! I always figured you were a rodent. Now there's proof. :king:

BettaBetta
03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
BACK ON TOPIC.... SORT OF...
IN ORDER TO POST AUCTIONS I ALLOW POP UPS FROM AQUABID.

NOW THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS I GET SECURITY WARNINGS THAT MY COMPUTER IS UNDER ATTACK, AND MICROSOFT NEEDS TO DOWNLOAD NEW SECURITY UPDATES....
EVERYTHING LOOKS FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES LIKE IT IS A MICROSOFT PRODUCT, BUT,
IT ACTUALLY COMES FROM HELLBOY.COM.
IF ANY ONE ELSE IS GETTING THIS ....DO NOT LET IT DOWNLOAD,

JUST CLOSE THE WINDOW EVEN IF YOU CLICK CANCEL IT WILL TRY TO DOWNLOAD AN EXECUTABLE FILE.

ALL THE BEST....... UNCLE
Uncle that happened to me once but not on AB - I got tricked into clicking on the "MICROSOFT save your computer now" button & ended up having all sorts of serious trouble & strife. Scary stuff!

Swampy
03-25-2010, 05:37 PM
I knew this would turn into Flaming thread.

BettaBetta
03-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I can't figure who's flaming whom, or if in fact anyone actually is, but it matters not because the whole purpose of the thread was to make some valid suggestions to Mark which he has appeared to embrace and has undertaken to implement. Mission accomplished, over & out.

AmazonMoosey
03-26-2010, 07:51 AM
I can't figure who's flaming whom, or if in fact anyone actually is, but it matters not because the whole purpose of the thread was to make some valid suggestions to Mark which he has appeared to embrace and has undertaken to implement. Mission accomplished, over & out.
lol

Hey You.

I think you have just run into the normal talking of Apples and Oranges around here again. Don't give up and cry Goodbye Cruel World! as you should know by now The Show Must Go On.

Stop.

Stay.

Have a Cigar.

And Get Your Filthy Hands off my Desert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnFDuDoJYg

by the way - some good suggestions in your listing.

Wot's... Uh the Deal? :peace:

BettaBetta
03-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Moosey says, "Hey you". I say, "Cooee Cobber" (hello mate).

What?? I'm not going anywhere!!! I simply said, "over & out", meaning I couldn't figure who was up who & who wasn't paying the rent (flaming) so darned if I was going to hang around whilst a bunch of boys flamed each other, or me, for that matter 'coz I get kinda fiesty & all bitter & twisted.

This is the best damn forum I've ever found for fun, laughter, amusement, incredible knowledge & experience, assistance & advice, moral support and people who genuinely care about each other & their fish - dang some of 'em sell hideously ugly alien snails though!

AmazonMoosey
03-26-2010, 08:22 AM
lol Moose says alotta thangs, but "Hey You" to someone I don't know - not unless I'm on those drugs and just not myself.

:gickle: But a "Howdy there and Welcome" - absolutely, by all means.

I will give you another hint since the first few thousand haven't helped.

The "Hey You" was a HINT! laughing

Speak to Me.

Don't leave me hanging, Matilda Mother.

Why'd you have to leave me there
hanging in my infant air, waiting?
You only have to read the lines of
scribbly black and everything shines.

Have you ever thought about how very strange it will be once you actually do understand us all the time?

Gickle You do know you can click links in the posts, no? The links won't lead to Your Possible Pasts. I promise.

BettaBetta
03-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Doing the confused puppy head side to side movements here - haven't got the slightest clue what you're talking about.

It's amazing, even though we all speak English, the turn of phrase from one country to another varies so much that it can make it nigh on impossible to get a grip on what a foreigner is saying. Classic example is when I read the "Politics" thread - now that's a whole different language that I'll never understand lol. G'night, time to sleep here.

Gypsybear
03-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Such fun,
'Shine on Your Crazy Diamond' and don't let 'Young Lust' take over. If it does you could always 'Bring the Boys Back Home' :peace:

BettaBetta
03-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Cheers Mark, the new time format is fantastic!

MrLohachata
04-01-2010, 06:25 AM
WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and you're a hottie to boot...hmmmmmm.....maybe i should move to Australia..
any more options/features here and i won't even be able to buy anything..i am lucky i can find the "on" button for my computer...i am sooooooooo lost........lol

BettaBetta
04-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Aww you're very sweet lohachata! Snap!!! One of my fave sayings is, "I'm flat out finding the on switch!", that's why it never gets turned off, I may never find my way back lol.