PDA

View Full Version : Now I Know About Crays

Msdevine
03-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Little monsters are eating a tank of java moss. Moving them tomorrow. I feed them very good, but they perfer plants. Damn Crays. :thinking:

yeahbut1
03-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Little monsters are eating a tank of java moss. Moving them tomorrow. I feed them very good, but they perfer plants. Damn Crays. :thinking:
They can color your water green with plant colored crap.
So you need to add some wood cause they chew that up too
but it gets their crap back to the right color!

Underwhelmed
03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Sorry Ms. D, I would have told you this if I had known you were going to put java moss in with them, as I found out the same thing shortly after getting mine. They love vegetable matter.

Mine ate several vals and a clump of java moss. They also eat on the water wisteria, but it seems pretty sturdy. They rip pieces off and chew on it. I end up with lots of floaters in the tank, but they develop roots, so I have been putting the floaters in other tanks.

Oh yeah, they eat dwarf water lettuce as well.

Mine get collard greens and canned green beans a couple of times a week. I get the collards frozen at Wallyworld and microwave a small portion.

I gave them some live red wigglers once for a snack and ended up with a hell of a mess.

Nabobmob1
04-05-2010, 01:46 PM
What crays are we referring to? Marbles? Cause I've learned the hard way, one or two, well fed don't bother plants but 30 or 40 underfed juvies will make it look like someone went in your tank during the night with a weed wacker, they even got my anibus chopped up!