PDA

View Full Version : Safe to buy from new sellers?

Steve5495
03-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I would be more likely to give a new seller a chance if.......A deposit was required to sell here until the seller has at least 25 good feedbacks. I'm sure there are more ways to make it safer.

RMC
03-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't think new sellers should be chastised just because they're new. If I had to jump through hoops when I first started I never would have posted an auction here. I've bought from new sellers and have sold to new bidders. I can't recall a single bad experience with having done so.

:king:

AmazonMoosey
03-29-2010, 12:55 PM
The percentage of bad sellers and rip offs, considering the volume of sales in the auctions, is really quite small.

If there is a new 0/0 seller that has something you are interested in, try emailing them some questions. See how the seller responds to your questions and how the seller treats you.

Granted this won't work with the obvious scammers that just need reported.

But it will help you figure out if the new seller is someone you are comfortable working with since there is no built up feedback. If there is something in the emails that makes you hesitant to purchase, just thank them for their time and move on. Hopefully the 0/0 seller is starting with something in the lower price range and not trying to do a 50K auction their first time out!

There's not a single seller here that didn't start at a 0/0. Not a single one of us Sellers started with a feeback bigger than 0/0. Not me, not Pete, not RMC not even :tongue: Barnett.

Something to think about. Listen to your instincts after communicating email with the Seller _BEFORE_ you have bid. :peace:

apistodave
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Steve that makes it too much like E-bay and Paypal, you start introducing misttrust here yur going to get it.

kush
03-29-2010, 03:30 PM
...you start introducing misttrust here yur going to get it.
I don't believe you.

Steve5495
03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
The people I trust have earned it.Either by sharing opinions here or a history of good deals.