PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Mcafee

roman19
04-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi, Mark. Just logged on to "Guppies" section on AB. Thank God that I have a Mcafee virus protection installed on my computer. It automatically removed 2 Trojans and 2 scripts. I did not even go to any particular auction!
Is there anyone who experiences same problems? Hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks.
I used to have some pop ups blocked periodically when I open some auctions, but this time- Trojan???? Its scarry!

julia_izabelle
04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I think I had that happen a few days ago. I was on aquabid and that peopleofwalmart website. I didn't know which one it was from but it was a trojan too.

inignought
04-26-2010, 07:17 PM
I was on aquabid and that peopleofwalmart website.
Both... Norton blocked trojans from both sites. Then the banners changed and all was fine.

doctorgori
05-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Hi, Mark. Just logged on to "Guppies" section on AB. Thank God that I have a Mcafee virus protection installed on my computer. It automatically removed 2 Trojans and 2 scripts. I did not even go to any particular auction!
Is there anyone who experiences same problems? Hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks.
I used to have some pop ups blocked periodically when I open some auctions, but this time- Trojan???? Its scarry!
I take it you are not a windows XP user
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/04/22/cnet.mcafee.antivirus.bug/index.html

mgamer20o0
05-09-2010, 04:23 PM
personally this is why i suggest chrome or firefox with ad block plus. this helps keep you safe and cuts down on clutter on the screen.

Swampy
05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Chrome works fine for me -
Plus it silences that aggravating "You've got a private message guy" :gickle: