PDA

View Full Version : Hello From W. Pa Fred here

burghreds
05-04-2010, 04:06 AM
I`m and old timer thats getting back into the hobby after many years. I`ve won a few auctions here. Every one has been a pleasure to deal with. For the most part with one exception every one and thing I`ve dealt with here has been great. One auction was a sour deal because the seller seemed to be clueless about packing and shipping. I wont mention who it was. I lost one of the 10 fish and he promptly replaced the fish with 2. I managed to rescue the fish and they are growing and looking fantastic. I really appreciate aquabid. Its an excellent place to get fish from good breeders. I do recognize a few comercial concerns doing business here and I have avoided doing business with them. One refuses pick up. Hmmm bells and whistles go off for me under those circumstances. They are within driving distance but they want to ship anyway. Seems like there might be something to hide.
Aquabid has helped me become more familiar with what hobbyist are keeping now days. I look foward to dealing with every one here.

river11
05-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Welcome!
Mike

BettaBetta
05-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Well, you won't be dealing with me 'coz we're not allowed to, our Customs blokes have all got little bees in their bonnets about fish stuff going between our 2 countries, but I'll say, "G'day Mate" anyways.

Swampy
05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Helleaux and welcome to the forums.
May all your AB experiences be :bigthumbsup:

vegetarian_great_white
05-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Dealing with DOAs is an extra pain that you don't need but I would still consider a seller who replaces one lost fish with two a good one.

I used to think about the "no pick-ups" the way you do but some people around here made good points about why they wouldn't want people at their door or in their house for a pick-up.

Welcome to the forums :))

julia_izabelle
05-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Welcome Fred!

Oh, and just because a person doesn't allow pick ups doesn't mean they have something to hide. They could have social anxiety, or be afraid of meeting a total stranger in person to sell fish to who they found through the internet. I know I would be scared to do it! What if they turned out to be an axe murderer or something?

CoryLoachFreak
05-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Howdy, and welcome to the place where a bunch of lunatic people hang out at. :gickle:

It's awesome to hear that you have been treated well from the buyers that you have dealt with. As far as getting a "DOA": I have been shipping out fish and Plants for several years, and I have had buyers tell me that they got a "DOA" or two when they opened their box. Chit happens, but I always make good on the deal. :bigthumbsup: Just part of doing business.

On the note of: "One refuses pick up. Hmmm bells and whistles go off for me under those circumstances." ................ I think I know of whom you speak. He ships from his place of business (Fish wholesaler), and I can see why he doesn't let folks come to his place. Not trying to stick up for him, just saying that I understand his policies. Personally, I would NOT want to go to his facility, because I would leave there with several boxes of fish instead of just the one that I won on auction. :rofl: :whistle:

Have a gret time here, and I hope you keep getting awesome deals,

Jeff
"ThePlantManager"

Steve5495
05-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Welcome,I have also dealt with the "no pick-ups" and they dont have my money!Only give your money to people whom you trust! feel free to look at feedback on your sellers,it speaks volumes.

Dantheman61
05-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the soap opera we have here. And I am a STEELER fan from beaver county PA !!!