PDA

View Full Version : A random photo of my "Fresh water Invertebrate Tank". LOL!

lotsoffish
05-08-2010, 09:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/lotsoffish/Aquatic%20Animals/05-08-10007.jpg

julia_izabelle
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
:bigthumbsup: Great picture. A couple of my trapdoors have broken tips to their shells. Just the little tip isn't a point anymore, it's flat. Any idea why it's happening? Yours look perfect. I ordered some of Ken's veggie sticks because I figured it might be calcium. They are waiting at the post office for Monday.

lotsoffish
05-08-2010, 11:07 PM
:bigthumbsup: Great picture. A couple of my trapdoors have broken tips to their shells. Just the little tip isn't a point anymore, it's flat. Any idea why it's happening? Yours look perfect. I ordered some of Ken's veggie sticks because I figured it might be calcium. They are waiting at the post office for Monday.
I have no idea why that would happen. Maybe just plain old wear and tear? :evil:

If you stop to think about it that part of their shell is the OLDEST part of it and that means that part of the shell was formed BEFORE that snail was even born.

Another words feeding foods now that are high in calcium is not going to do anything at all to prevent damage or heal that part of the shell.

Calcium is used to build the shell.

Of course now you will probably ask me how calcium keeps your teeth strong, and honestly I don't have an answer for that so I will just completely ignore you when you ask that question and pretend I didn't come back to this thread and see you ask it. :evil:

julia_izabelle
05-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I have no idea why that would happen. Maybe just plain old wear and tear? :evil:

If you stop to think about it that part of their shell is the OLDEST part of it and that means that part of the shell was formed BEFORE that snail was even born.

Another words feeding foods now that are high in calcium is not going to do anything at all to prevent damage or heal that part of the shell.

Calcium is used to build the shell.

Of course now you will probably ask me how calcium keeps your teeth strong, and honestly I don't have an answer for that so I will just completely ignore you when you ask that question and pretend I didn't come back to this thread and see you ask it. :evil:
Well at least they will have a balanced diet. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info. It does make sense. :nod:

Fish_sam
05-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Hey Pete,
Those trap doors I got from you yesterday already popped out babies...I actually got to watch one give birth,,,HOW F'ing COOL IS THAT!!!!!
Your stuff rocks!!!!!

doctorgori
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Pete what is the red one with the "Hammer & Sickle" marks on it (joking, but serious)

Bliss
05-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Tire Track Narites?