PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Idaho

toomanydogs
06-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Hello from Idaho Falls, Idaho. I've been reading this board for a while now, so it's about time to say hi! Anyway, my name is Teresa, nice to join you all.

Fish_sam
06-30-2010, 02:02 PM
welcome!!

Swampy1
06-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Helleaux and welcome to the forums Teresa.
One of our favorite members is from Idaho.
She goes by the name GenGen, but we know her as the cake lady.

GenGen
06-30-2010, 03:56 PM
lol thanks for the intro swamy dear. Heya Teresa. I"m up in Orofino bout 45 minutes up river from Lewiston.

toomanydogs
06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've been to Lewiston a couple of times, but not to Orofino. Nice to meet you all!

rbeauchemin
07-01-2010, 12:51 AM
hi Teresa, a pleasure!

toomanydogs
07-01-2010, 11:01 AM
rbeauchemin, my dad was in the Navy when I was little and we were stationed in Belgium. I visisted Germany because that's where my step-mother's family is from. Such nice people there. The thing I remember most clearly was Uncle Helmut's pig. Biggest pig I ever saw! HUGE, AMAZING, GIANT hog! Every time I think of Germany, I think of that pig, LOL! I'll see what I can do to get a better picture, though, like the beautiful countryside. Thanks for the welcome.

GenGen
07-01-2010, 01:18 PM
ah teresa. i just waved good bye to my oldest last week- he went off to navy basic training.

toomanydogs
07-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Gen, my nephew, Ryan, joined the Navy about 3 years ago. Of course, we were all worried about him (still are), but he has done really well and has grown up alot. He left as a kid and came back as a man. It's been so good for him, he recently reinlisted. Good luck to your son! That has got to be hard, seeing your son leave to the military.

GenGen
07-01-2010, 10:42 PM
oh we're very happy for him. he's got a good head on his shoulders so to speak and did not go in to the military w/o doing his homework and being Very sure this was what he wanted. he did the DEP delayed entry program which was very good for him- had a recruiter keeping tabs with him at all times- and helped his long time girlfriend get used to it better. she's not adjusting to him being gone very well though. i'm glad we get along as we're trying to help her adjust. we're taking her cherry picking tomorrow :D i'm hoping for a BIG haul! hubby's gonna make cherry juice and i'm going to dry the leftover cherries (can't call them craisins lol thats dried cranberries.. what would i call them? chraisins? lol)

i have another son who will be graduating in 2 years. he's also considering the navy. it makes me feel so proud he's even considering it- and even more proud to think of having two Navy son's. reminds me of the 5 son's of that one family (the name escapes me at the moment) who all served together, same ship, (eek died together too) we have many family members who were navy including a SeaBee.

toomanydogs
07-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I 've always been proud to say I'm a Navy Bratt. Ryan has been all over, he even got to go to Australia! It's just been a wonderful experience for him. Best of luck to your son!

GenGen
07-06-2010, 08:51 AM
I 've always been proud to say I'm a Navy Bratt. Ryan has been all over, he even got to go to Australia! It's just been a wonderful experience for him. Best of luck to your son!
well week 2... can't get over how quiet it is around the house even with one more teen still at home.. and i've reclaimed nearly all my bath towels.. thats not happened in years.. a few are still MIA though.. probably never to be seen again lol

rbeauchemin
08-28-2010, 04:46 AM
rbeauchemin, my dad was in the Navy when I was little and we were stationed in Belgium. I visisted Germany because that's where my step-mother's family is from. Such nice people there. The thing I remember most clearly was Uncle Helmut's pig. Biggest pig I ever saw! HUGE, AMAZING, GIANT hog! Every time I think of Germany, I think of that pig, LOL! I'll see what I can do to get a better picture, though, like the beautiful countryside. Thanks for the welcome.
maybe it was one of these

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129008757

:lol2:

Randog
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
TooManyDogs > :cool: :bigboss:

This lady is the coolest!

That is all.

rbeauchemin
08-28-2010, 02:49 PM
TooManyDogs > :cool: :bigboss:

This lady is the coolest!