PDA

View Full Version : Ready for my debut, from WNY

Casey
09-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi aquaboarders. My name is Casey, as my super original login-name suggests. I live in the lake-effected snow belt of western NY, Batavia. A bit of history. I've been into fish since I was a kid, started breeding bettas at 16. I aslo tried my hand at Angels, red devils, glo-fish (my "contribands" as I called them) and some other stuff. Always enjoyed the anabantoids tho. I fell out of that for a while.
So, now 10yrs later I'm with my girlfriend, and she got me a pair of orchid crowns after I was showing her the fish on AB. So, here = am.
Prolly, like most of you living in a small town area, you notice the lack of knowlegable people around, so I had to find a place with crazy fish people like me! There's only so much your significant other can deal with when you babel on and on about the genetics that a DTPK will have on a CTDR betta lol.
So, Hi!

Swampy1
09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi aquaboarders. My name is Casey, as my super original login-name suggests. I live in the lake-effected snow belt of western NY, Batavia. A bit of history. I've been into fish since I was a kid, started breeding bettas at 16. I aslo tried my hand at Angels, red devils, glo-fish (my "contribands" as I called them) and some other stuff. Always enjoyed the anabantoids tho. I fell out of that for a while.
So, now 10yrs later I'm with my girlfriend, and she got me a pair of orchid crowns after I was showing her the fish on AB. So, here = am.
Prolly, like most of you living in a small town area, you notice the lack of knowlegable people around, so I had to find a place with crazy fish people like me! There's only so much your significant other can deal with when you babel on and on about the genetics that a DTPK will have on a CTDR betta lol.
So, Hi!
Helleaux and Welcome to the boards Casey.
As far as the SO situation -
When she runs out of RAM - either get more or trade her in. :whistle::popcorn:

shorething
09-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Welcome, I'm from Rochester. there are quite a few folks from our area on this forum ,as well

maxpain
09-09-2010, 09:07 AM
welcome casey. i'm from rochester also. yeah, unfortunately, that lake effect snow is fast approaching.

Fish_sam
09-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Welcome from not so far away!! :yeah: