PDA

View Full Version : Hi from southern IN

LittleMulligan
09-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone. I'm Judy & I'm a newly retired RN. I've always been an animal person & have a riding horse, a dog & 3 cats. We always had goldfish & guppies when my kids were growing up but now I've decided I'd like to try my hand at breeding fish...& have found plecos & cichlids!!! I have 5 tanks, a 10G hospital tank, a 40G with Metriaclima msobo (1.5-2"), a 40G with ALFBN, a 20L with multis & a 55G with 2 huge goldfish (that I need to find a home for so I can get it ready for Tropheus Moorii Ilangi). Most of my fish, plants, supplies, etc., were obtained here on AB....any & all fish knowledge from internet forums and articles. I'm having so much fun with these fish!! 3 outta 12 of my Metriaclima have started to turn color...at least have blue on their top fins & are getting stripes across their nose, so I'm liking those odds but none of my 6 ALFBN have bristles. A week or so ago, I did a BIG water change with cooler water then eased the temp up slowly...was gonna see if these guys were ready to breed. Now I have 2 very fat BN...not bloat, they're active & normal poo...gravid? all females?? (See, I'm new...so new that I still enjoy water changes!) So anyway, hello to everyone! :ciao:

CrazyCavy
09-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome from the NE side of Indy! :ciao: I have pearl scale angels & LF ABNs.

Jana

hca75
09-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Welcome Aboard!!!
I've got mostly livebearers, but have a lil of this and that also.

CoryLoachFreak
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi Judy,

I'm from Southern Indiana also. :bigthumbsup:

Welcome to AquaBid/AquaBoards. :thumbsup:

You just missed a great Auction in Indy Sunday. :sad:

Anyhow; Stick around, and enjoy yourself here. We are a fun bunch of nuts to hang out with. :gickle:

BTW: I normally stock a ton of plants if you want to take a drive, and save a ton of money. Oh, and I have some Male Bristlenose that I will sell you CHEAP !!!!

Jeff
"ThePlantManager"

fishieluvr1
09-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Judy,
Welcome aboard - I keep livebearers, corys, and misc other fishies

LittleMulligan
10-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! And thanks, Jana...LF ABN...lol. And Jeff...I looked Oolitic up & we're only 60 miles apart. I live outside of Corydon. I'd love to run up & see your fish & get a male BN or 2...I know my LFABN girls would be happy about it too! thelittlemulligan@yahoo.com

wicca25
10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
hi im crystal and just cross the border in ky fort knox to be exact hehe. i think you will like it here and feel free to join us in aquachat most of the time we are in the play room but just awarning it can get ummmm odd i guess would be a good word for it in there. just go with the flow and if you have something to say do so no one will hold it against you. every one here is great and full of information so ask away

LittleMulligan
10-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Crystal...I know Ft. Knox, I raised my kids in the country between Irvington & Brandenburg. Thanks, I'll check out AquaChat/thePlayRoom tonight.

mrcamaro
10-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Hello from Bedrock , IN :bigthumbsup: