PDA

View Full Version : Mark, possible oversights?

Underwhelmed
10-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Edit-
Never mind, I see them now.

julia_izabelle
10-08-2010, 11:04 PM
This new set up is ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with the old one.

rbeauchemin
10-09-2010, 04:00 AM
thought i might point out that the read/unread icons for mail are swapped around also :-)

Pianoman
10-09-2010, 07:59 AM
The only problem I have is that the "New Posts" link for threads is missing. So you can't pick up where you left off, unless I just didn't see it.

Goober
10-09-2010, 08:12 AM
The only problem I have is that the "New Posts" link for threads is missing. So you can't pick up where you left off, unless I just didn't see it.

Left side of page , up at the top "New Posts" .

lotsoffish
10-09-2010, 08:28 AM
This new set up is ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with the old one.

Ya know something? I hate change of any type.

I was annoyed for well over a year, when some idiot created the cassette tape, and I had to toss out my 8 track player about 35 years a go.

But Barnett rarely changes anything on his web sites, and when he does, he certainly doesn't need to hear a bunch of whining from folks who haven't figured out how to use these new unnecessary options yet. :thumbsdown:

Damn it all Barnett, put that "thumbs down" smiley over on the right of where we write our posts so I don't have to use the drop down menu every time I try to use the damn thing, would you? :evil:

PS. That new spell checker comes in handy!

yada
10-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Link to auctions is in the far left bottom of page. Below the blue line.

Underwhelmed
10-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Link to auctions is in the far left bottom of page. Below the blue line.
Thanks yada. It wasn't there before, I swear.

julia_izabelle
10-09-2010, 05:58 PM
I was so pissed off that it changed because I had angel fish eggs for the first time ever and came on here in a huge hurry to ask questions and not only had the site changed (I was on earlier that day and everything was normal), I couldn't log in either. in a panic i couldn't find the forgot password option no matter how hard i looked, so i was furious. then when i did find it it took hours for the reset passoword link to be sent to me. this new set up isn't bad at all. sorry for complaining, mark. I was just in the middle of a crisis.

Pianoman
10-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Left side of page , up at the top "New Posts" .

I saw that. It shows the threads with new posts, but if you click on one of them, it takes you to the first post in the thread, not the next unread post. I really liked that feature.

Underwhelmed
10-09-2010, 11:53 PM
I saw that. It shows the threads with new posts, but if you click on one of them, it takes you to the first post in the thread, not the next unread post. I really liked that feature.
Hey Larry, if you are looking at threads within a forum, say politics, there is a small blue circle with two white down arrows next to the thread title. If you click it it goes to the first unread post in that thread.

If you are looking at the forum index, over to the right where it shows the last responders username, if you click that it takes you to the next unread post as well.

Pianoman
10-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks, Under. I'll try that.

RMC
10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
How about increasing the number of posts per page to 25? 10 is just too few and creates a lot of page generations.

:king:

Underwhelmed
10-10-2010, 07:22 PM
How about increasing the number of posts per page to 25? 10 is just too few and creates a lot of page generations.

:king:
You can do that in your user settings.

Underwhelmed
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I like being able to click the chat link at the top of the page and go right in, but now links don't work for us Mac users anymore. They worked for me before using Firefox and running an up to date Mac OS X 10.6.4.

Mark
10-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I like being able to click the chat link at the top of the page and go right in, but now links don't work for us Mac users anymore. They worked for me before using Firefox and running an up to date Mac OS X 10.6.4.

If you are talking about the Links down down menu, I added it and have not changed anything

Underwhelmed
10-10-2010, 11:07 PM
If you are talking about the Links down down menu, I added it and have not changed anything
No, sorry, I mean if someone posts a website link in chat it is not clickable by Mac users. It worked for me until today, others have had issues before. I haven't changed anything on my machine.

Mark
10-18-2010, 11:44 AM
What version of FireFox?

Mark
10-18-2010, 12:50 PM
From AddonInteractive Support

I've just tested using OS-X 10.6.4 using Firefox 3.6.8 on both domains.
In both cases, I had to enable pop-ups before I could launch the test URL I entered; however both are working properly.
In Firefox 3.6, users can manage Pop-up exceptions by clicking "Firefox" in the main menu, then selecting "Preferences". From there, click the "Content" icon. The first option is called "Block pop-up windows" which is checked by default. The button to the right of this option (labeled "Exceptions") allows users to add and remove web sites they wish to allow pop-ups from. Users experiencing this problem should ensure that both "www.aquaboards.com (http://www.aquaboards.com)" and "www.aquachat.com (http://www.aquachat.com/)" are in this list.

Underwhelmed
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah, mine is already configured this way, and my version is Firefox 3.6.10. If I come in from AquaChat.com, links work. If I enter from the forum link at the top of the AquaBoards page they don't.

I guess I'll just log in the old way.

Thanks for the follow up Mark.

Mark
10-18-2010, 10:46 PM
So both domains are in your exception list?

Underwhelmed
10-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Yes, both are on the list.

Underwhelmed
10-19-2010, 04:47 PM
I removed aquaboards.com and aquachat.com from my exceptions list and then re-added them and now clicking on links works in chat.

Thanks Mark.