PDA

View Full Version : Hello all. My username on Aquabid is TerriLynn..

TerriLynn227
10-19-2010, 03:50 PM
I have been keeping tropical fish and aquatic plants for over ten years now. At one time I had an entire room devoted to the hobby---until Katrina hit and I lost all of my stock. Now I simply keep a community tank complete with loads of plants.. Sometime earlier this year I came across one of Lotsoffish's auctions for a lovely little Endler..well needless to say I have become entirely too successful with them and would like very much to give away the mass majority of my stock. If you live within one hour of Hammond/Covington Louisiana and would like to have some great stock I will be happy to meet you half way. I honestly do not want to dump them at a pet store due to the females are generally grey in color and will most likely be used as feeder fish (gasp!!!!) I hope someone contacts me--I am too soft hearted to dump them off...

Many thanks and happy fish keeping!

Terri Lynn

nysparkle
10-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Welcome Terri! Try offering them for adoption on Craigslist.
I have found some nice homes for some of my guppies that way.

TerriLynn227
10-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks! Great idea

Roe Aquarium
10-19-2010, 11:05 PM
I have no trouble selling nice pairs of endlers in my retail store for $3.99 a PAIR! If you have any halfway decent non chain stores in your area , bring them in a dozen of your nicest pairs, full color males... (not the lunker females just nice young & healthy) and a few extra females and ask for $1.25 a pair in store credit..and throw in 3 or 4 extra females free, suggest they sell them for $3.99 a pair and a extra female for a $1.50, If the customer wants, so she is not chased so hard. They could also price the males at $2.99 ea.. but if they tell the customer the male will have better color chasing his females, they should have little trouble selling in pairs. If they put them in a tank not to large were they would get lost with other small fish. They also make good fish for bowls with a few sprigs of plants and a snail, or two. I would suggest always calling your stores prior to bringing fish. I am not very receptive to people who bring me in fish without prior approval if they really expect anything for them. If the store does not know what they are , tell them they are similar to common guppies , but much more vibrantly colored and live better. If they still hesitate offer to bring them in 3 or 4 nice pair on consignment. You may be surprised... Never bring fry, or undersized fish, even for free, they are a nuisance and will most likely be fed off. cull for deformities!!!! Print this off and show it to them if you want.

Much success, Phil

fishouttaH2o
11-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Welcome! Selling off the extras will allow you to justify increasing your hobby (even though your probably not going to break even!) Also that make great gifts for younger family members...who are still impressionable and easily addicted to our hobby...and yes I have done that

Beattyfish
11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Welcome ! Be sure to become apart of SNE, you will love it!

bass24
11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
welcome to the show. great fish and people too. Enjoy