PDA

View Full Version : Something is amiss with the pswd resets

doctorgori
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Mark, whomever....
Fully realizing you don't "visit" the forums, but also realizing I got no illusions you will pluck my email outta the dozens youmust get from here hourly...

Look, something is horribly amiss with the user account/pswd "oding" for this forum...specifically I have had to reset my pswd twice already, with the login b*tching something about a incorrect pswd; and here is the kicker:
I PASTED THE PSWD DIRECTLY FROM THE EMAIL AQUABOARDS SENT ORIGINALLY ...
(plz note that was a 2nd reset)
...and No, this has nothing to do with numerous "Aliases" as those use totally different emails
....and it certainly has nothing to do with my IP (I own my own) ....or does it?
....there is also some issue with my new email address (it claims it's not on file, although I have gotten emails from AB in the recent past with it)....anyway...I seriously think if by chance you read this, I'd look into it...
Doctorgori....erh Ken

Mark
10-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Yes, I come to the AquaBoards.com.

I did not do the coding for the forum. It is a forum used by thousands of websites.

First, are you sure you used the correct reset password? Are you sure you did not use the first one after resetting the second time?

I would suggest you change your password to something you remember and not use the reset password.

AmazonMoosey
10-26-2010, 11:07 AM
First, are you sure you used the correct reset password? Are you sure you did not use the first one after resetting the second time?

I would suggest you change your password to something you remember and not use the reset password.

Barnett, I think Doc may have something, though it may not be exactly as Doc thought it was. Hear me out.

When the board forum here changed, I came here Oct 7 and logged in and posted one message. That makes sure for me, no one else can pretend to be me.

http://www.aquaboards.com/showthread.php?72582-Nice-going-Barnett&p=371328#post371328

A few days ago though, I got a canned "We Miiss You" message from this system, telling me to log in etc, etc. Thought that was wierd, since I already had. I ignored it, figuring you were tinkering.

Then yesterday evening, I got a message from your board telling me:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 5:38 PM
To: ***edited for obvious reasons***
Subject: Your login details for AquaBoards.com

Dear AmazonMoosey,

You have requested to reset your password on AquaBoards.com because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
http://www.aquaboards.com/login.php?a=pwd&u=***editedforobviousreasons

When you visit that page, your password will be reset, and the new password will be emailed to you.

Your username is: AmazonMoosey

To edit your profile, go to this page:
http://www.aquaboards.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

All the best,
AquaBoards.com

------------------

Only one problem.

I wasn't on the board yesterday, nor did I did request a password change.

I go to come on here today though, to ask you why your tinkering did this - if it was actually your site tinkering - and it told me my password wasn't my password. Since I didn't change my password, having only been on around the 7th AND had the computer/site remember it -

My question to you is simple:

Was it your tinkering that caused me to get a password reset yesterday I didn't request - or - was it something else?

Mark
10-27-2010, 05:34 AM
The inactivity email is normal. It was set to set at 14 days of inactivity.

I was looking at your account and clicked on Resend password. Did not know it was going to reset it.

Mission accomplished. Moosey is posting messages ;)

AmazonMoosey
10-27-2010, 07:20 AM
The inactivity email is normal. It was set to set at 14 days of inactivity.

I was looking at your account and clicked on Resend password. Did not know it was going to reset it.

Mission accomplished. Moosey is posting messages ;)

Don't get your heart into too big of a pitter patter yet, Spanky.

Last guy that said "Mission Accomplished" is still trying to get the mud off his face.

Quit lookin' at Doc's and my accounts or at least let us look at yours....

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rma/lowres/rman3890l.jpg

marli
10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey Boss! You can look at MY account anytime you want. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

When are you coming back to chat?

Smiles, marli