PDA

View Full Version : how to ignore a forum?

marli
11-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Yes, I know, this isn't a suggestion/question about Aquabid but it's about Aquaboards.

Is there a way to ignore a forum? Meaning say, the Politics forum, or any other for that matter, but that's the one I had in mind.

I see I can ignore members, but so far I can't find anywhere to ignore a forum. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

And Mark, come CHAT!

Smiles, marli

Underwhelmed
11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Click the small arrow on the top of the banner for that forum to the right, it will collapse.
I do that for the Welcome and News. Also the Saltwater, since I only keep freshwater.

Edit-
Unfortunately, you would also collapse the Fish Room if you do this.

marli
11-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Click the small arrow on the top of the banner for that forum to the right, it will collapse.
I do that for the Welcome and News. Also the Saltwater, since I only keep freshwater.

Edit-
Unfortunately, you would also collapse the Fish Room if you do this.
Yeah, that's no good, cause I do like the fish room, sometimes. Thanks though!
I click the 'What's New?' link to see what new posts have been put up, I wonder if just collapsing the forums would change anything there. I'll have to test some things out. I thought I'd ask Mark because there are other options for each forum (subscribe, etc). Ignore would be a nice option, too.

Smiles, marli

Ok, test complete and collapsing the forum does nothing to get rid of it in the 'What's New?' part.

GenGen
11-07-2010, 02:47 PM
i too ignore most of the political posts too. sorry folks nothing personal. i dont understand alot of it and it just frustrates me etc.. i dont like politics i never have. again.. no personal offense meant. i respect everyones choice for political ideas and orientations etc.. (hm pc enough? lol jk)

beth
11-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I click the 'What's New?' link to see what new posts have been put up...

Same here.

I don't use any of the member features because I almost never sign in anymore. That politics section is just a blight on an otherwise okay forum.

fishieluvr1
11-07-2010, 03:51 PM
i too ignore most of the political posts too. sorry folks nothing personal. i dont understand alot of it and it just frustrates me etc.. i dont like politics i never have. again.. no personal offense meant. i respect everyones choice for political ideas and orientations etc.. (hm pc enough? lol jk)

Hey GenGen no need to apolgize but thanks for the laugh. Fact is many of us feel the same way and respect for each other is what it is all about. As for pc - it has gotten so far from the basics of what it was meant to be, that it is for the most part a load of garbage. In fact there is already a perfectly good name for it "common sense" and a perfect motto as well - The Golden Rule.

Underwhelmed
11-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, that's no good, cause I do like the fish room, sometimes. Thanks though!
I click the 'What's New?' link to see what new posts have been put up, I wonder if just collapsing the forums would change anything there. I'll have to test some things out. I thought I'd ask Mark because there are other options for each forum (subscribe, etc). Ignore would be a nice option, too.

Smiles, marli

Ok, test complete and collapsing the forum does nothing to get rid of it in the 'What's New?' part.

Eh, I don't come in through the front door (Home), I just bookmarked the Main Forum. Never used the "What's New" feature.

Another example of how we all use and get different things from the same Forum.

rbeauchemin
11-08-2010, 06:23 AM
good idea Marli, I wish we could ignore the political section because I also hit 'what's new' when I pop in and despise sorting through the posts to find interesting things to read instead of poorly written and hateful rants (is that pc at all? :P )

DLW777
11-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Well, it sure brings out the nasty in some people so I don't blame you guys a bit for not wanting to see it. Frankly, I don't want to anymore either even though I have posted there frequently.Perhaps Mark can figure out something with the what's new feature to minimize it. Not sure if that is possible, but if not, perhaps going in through the forums and looking for new posts would be better.

lotsoffish
11-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I have an idea.

How about you simply ignore those posts ON YOUR OWN.

This is the dumbest thread I have yet to read here. :thumbsdown:

Far dumber then anything you will ever actually read in "Politics"

marli
11-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I have an idea.

How about you simply ignore those posts ON YOUR OWN.

This is the dumbest thread I have yet to read here. :thumbsdown:

Far dumber then anything you will ever actually read in "Politics"
The nice thing is, nobody cares what you think, silly.

Giggles, marli

lotsoffish
11-08-2010, 12:31 PM
The nice thing is, nobody cares what you think, silly.

Giggles, marli

Oh ya? Want me to start a pole asking folks if they think this thread is ridiculous or not?

Come on Marli, you have too much time on your hands if you need to find out how to ignore something nobodies forcing you to read in the first place. :roll:

marli
11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Oh ya? Want me to start a pole asking folks if they think this thread is ridiculous or not?

Come on Marli, you have too much time on your hands if you need to find out how to ignore something nobodies forcing you to read in the first place. :roll:
Somebody still has their panties in a knot, eh kid? You could breathe in, breathe out, rinse and repeat. AND you could ignore me, too. It's amazing all the new things this forum has in place, isn't it?

Smiles, marli

rbeauchemin
11-08-2010, 12:48 PM

Mostly I just wish you would have completed the third grade. Pole?!? Nobodies?! :scratch:

And did you know, there's actually a difference between the words "your" and "you're" ?

SHOCKING! I know. :lol:

lotsoffish
11-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I am not going to ignore you (any more than I usually do) but to set an example for you I will ignore this thread from here on in.

And I don't need a special setting to do that, now do I? :roll:

rbeauchemin
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I am not going to ignore you (any more than I usually do) but to set an example for you I will ignore this thread from here on in.

And I don't need a special setting to do that, now do I? :roll:

Hmm, well...that should free up some of your time to go on down to Ebay and let all those silly "Power Sellers" know that they've been doing things the WRONG WAY and they need to have a 'pole' and get themselves a nice 'Mixed Lots' category and stop selling individual items like the morons they are.

Oh, wait. :lol2:

BigBen
11-08-2010, 01:33 PM
:popcorn:

marli
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
:popcorn:

Yum...Share?

Still giggling, marli

BigBen
11-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Sure thing, grab a bowl :)

Mark
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Currently, there is not a way to ignore a forum except doing it yourself.

Please note I removed the Politics for from the New Threads block.

hca75
11-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I rarely go into the political section. I might browse it occassionaly to see what all the fuss is about... but I dont see a problem with us having that section...to each their own.... I just CHOOSE not to participate. Its easy.

marli
11-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the answer Mark! Now, when will you be back in chat?

As for ignoring it, yeah, of course folks are able to ignore it. And I never said it shouldn't be there at all. I simply posed a question. I know some folks would rather complain, I'd rather just ask and get the answer from the boss.

Smiles, marli

fishieluvr1
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM

Thanks Mark. I like it because it helps keep the New Threads section more focused on the fish stuff which is why we are here in the first place :p

apistodave
11-09-2010, 10:26 PM
A more important question--How do you ignore a cat that's addicted to egg nog????

bass24
11-10-2010, 07:38 AM
A more important question--How do you ignore a cat that's addicted to egg nog????

Keep the door to the Frig locked. :)

marli
11-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Once upon a time I had a great cat, my old man cat, eNCee. And you know what HE was addicted to?

Carrot cake from Bass. Never failed, he'd find it no matter where we put it. The only place we could keep it so he didn't dig into it was in the oven. But when we had a piece, he was right there having some with us. He cracked me up.

Giggles, marli

bass24
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Marli,
I misplaced the recipe. If I can find it. I'll get you a cake. You'd think with as many as I made and sent out to people here. I'd have it memorized. Well I did when my brain was in better shape and not missing so my cells. :) I know the ingredients it's the amounts that escape me.

marli
11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Silly, that wasn't me saying bake me a cake. That was me saying how awesome your cake IS, that even my cat couldn't resist it.

Smiles, marli