PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Name Chris!!!!

Christhao
02-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Folks of the Aquarium hobby. I am new as you can see. But not to Fish. I started awhile back in 04-05 Keeping Apistogrammas and different type of dwarf cichlids, But I had to cut short my Hobby in 07-08 due to having a newborn in the family. Now I am getting back in the aquarium hobby again. I hope I can learn a lot from people on this forum.

Thanks Holly for the Idea.

Scottnjenny
02-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Welcome, and I know how you feel. I have a son who just turned 3 and a 13 month old little girl. It was tough on my hobbies for a while, but loving aquariums seems to run in the family! What are you planning on keeping?

Christhao
02-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Welcome, and I know how you feel. I have a son who just turned 3 and a 13 month old little girl. It was tough on my hobbies for a while, but loving aquariums seems to run in the family! What are you planning on keeping?

As of right now I am planning on a planted aquarium with Endlers, Shrimp and Community type of fish.
In the Long term, I hope to get back at keeping Apisto.

What about you what are you keeping?

hca75
02-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Glad you took to the suggestion Chris!!! Good to have you aboard!!!!!

Martin_G
02-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the fishes! In fact, I'm new here to!

Christhao
03-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Glad you took to the suggestion Chris!!! Good to have you aboard!!!!!

Thank you holly

Christhao
03-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the fishes! In fact, I'm new here to!

Thank you Martin

fishguy_1955
03-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Welcome Aboard Chris! Best folks on the web here and years and years of knowledge to share.

BigBen
03-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome

Scottnjenny
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
What about you what are you keeping?

A couple of planted tanks with assorted tetras, plecs, pelvicachromis and anabantoids. Also working with some livebearers, snails and hopefully some killies soon. Before the kids, I went through a decade + long African Cichlid obsession. Less space (kids take up a lot of room :)) and a desire to try some different things again have me off in new directions. I think I'm partially reliving my childhood as I seem to have developed an affinity for platies and endlers, which remind me of old school guppies...

Christhao
03-01-2011, 01:26 PM
A couple of planted tanks with assorted tetras, plecs, pelvicachromis and anabantoids. Also working with some livebearers, snails and hopefully some killies soon. Before the kids, I went through a decade + long African Cichlid obsession. Less space (kids take up a lot of room :)) and a desire to try some different things again have me off in new directions. I think I'm partially reliving my childhood as I seem to have developed an affinity for platies and endlers, which remind me of old school guppies...

LOL. I think that is also happening to me trying sound new. Like Endlers and shrimp and whats not. I agree with you about the kids taking alot of room. I had to break down and tear down my fishroom and move my office room there so the kids can have they're own room. but its all worth it though.

hca75
03-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Yep kiddos are worth it, but mine are now in High school, and are quite scared that when they go off to college, they'll come back to only a bed IN a fish room...LOL
I wouldnt DO that- but they may find a few tanks in there....LOL Holly

SithLord
03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Hey chris :) im new too! Joined a few days ago. This place is cool. But watch out some people Are smart@$$'s. But theres a lot of wisdom and friendly people :)
-Sith

apistodave
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey chris :) im new too! Joined a few days ago. This place is cool. But watch out some people Are smart@$$'s. But theres a lot of wisdom and friendly people :)
-Sith

Who's a smartass----apistopower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/apistodave/firered4.jpg

Christhao
03-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Beautiful Apisto dave!!! I remember buying some from you awhile back. It was the hongsloi red and the Tri. Still have them too. I remember I order two of each and got three of each instead. Thanks dave. I think I email about them cause I didn't buy it on aquabid. Still Would love to know what you have for sale trying to get back into apisto.

BTW dave has some amazing apisto I have seen.

Christhao
03-01-2011, 10:27 PM
-Sith

Thanks for the Heads UP!!!!

Pablitosfishies
03-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Welcome!

Roe Aquarium
03-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Scottnjenny , You Wippersnappers ! I have grand kids older than your wee ones ! Ha !
Phil