PDA

View Full Version : I would request

AmazonMoosey
04-06-2011, 07:13 PM
...the dang voice telling me and others they have pm's be back on.

As it is now - you write a pm, wait and wait - watch em log off - and then have to send email and tell em to check their email or re-write it again. This is nuts.

:bigthumbsup: lol

Griton
04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I keep trying to see if there is a way to get a direct email alert when I have a PM. I never think to look there and the sound is always muted on my netbook computer so that wouldn't help me either. My hearing is so wrecked I doubt I could hear it anyway.

AmazonMoosey
04-06-2011, 07:21 PM
How about big colored flashing lights? A blinking "AyuuuuGAH" horn - with no sound. Something. At this point, I would take a tap on the shoulder.

hca75
04-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Agreed- I miss the spooky voice!!!! and thanks for reminding me to Check mine... :D

AmazonMoosey
04-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh good - Does this count as my one good deed for the day? :D

hca75
04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Of course it does!!!! :D

Underwhelmed
04-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I keep trying to see if there is a way to get a direct email alert when I have a PM. I never think to look there and the sound is always muted on my netbook computer so that wouldn't help me either. My hearing is so wrecked I doubt I could hear it anyway.
Click Settings at the top of any Forum page, then General Settings on the left hand side, scroll down to Private Messaging and check Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages.

That's how I have mine set up and it's pretty much instantaneous. It's not enabled by default.

AmazonMoosey
04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanx Whelmed - it's the way mine is set up also. LOL I just canna get the ones who don't have theirs set the same way to know.

Okay _ I change my request then - bout time I was fickle at least once around here.

I request that the Private Message Notifications be turned ON by DEFAULT.

Griton
04-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the instructions! I got my account changed so hopefully now no one will wait to hear from me for days!