PDA

View Full Version : Female hits

RedAngelFish
04-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Wondering IF a female sword has been hit by one male #1 and she is hit for ,,,say.. 5 drops and along comes a new male #2 and hits her again during that time. Will she carry the 5 drops before she can be hit again by the new introduced male #2 ? Does the new males hit fall inbetween the 5 hits or AFTER ? Confused? LOL Hope not......I'm asking this due to the fact that if I want a new trait to be entered as soon as possible, do I have to wait till the female is UNGRAVED ( My own word )......Thanks for putting up with my unprofessional terms...Curious here....Richard

fishfarmer2000
04-27-2011, 09:08 AM
The females carry the extra sperm packets until they need them after they drop the next batch of fry. So the current male also has the chance to overwhelm her with new packets of his sperm and dilute out the old packets left by the old male. I've usually seen the new males fry in the 2nd batch of fry after he's added. It's not unusual to see some fry from the old male in that 2nd batch mixed with the new males fry but after that only fry from the new male. Steve

www.cinci-fishfarmer.com

RedAngelFish
04-27-2011, 03:09 PM
STEVE: Many thanks guy...Kind of looks like come see come saw huh? Actully I'll buy what you said. Good responce. So from what you said i WILL replace the old male with the new one at once. It's got to be worth the chance to do it. Thank you for your insight and expertice...............Richard

Loftydreams
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm almost 100% sure I've seen this issue on Jerry Springer. 99.9% YOU are the father!

freshwaterreef
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
I would say even if it takes awhile, getting the new male in there as soon as possible is sure to make it happen sooner. :-D

RedAngelFish
04-28-2011, 05:09 AM
Thanks Freshwater & Lofty. Looks like there is a common idea here that introducing a new male ASAP is right. A roll of the dice so to speak. As for you Lofty. You look just like my Mother. You sure we aren't brother and sister? HUM ???? ( Good looking sister to say the least )..........Richard

carp13
04-28-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm almost 100% sure I've seen this issue on Jerry Springer. 99.9% YOU are the father!

I think that was Maury Povich............he does 2 shows,drag queens and "You ARE the father!"..there's something wrong with that guy.

Underwhelmed
04-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, but Jerry paid a prostitute with a check once while on the city council in Cincinnati, so he's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer either.