PDA

View Full Version : What is this cr@p with tweet and like?

Pianoman
09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Why must we see these stupid come-on ads for twitter and facebook with every message? Twitter is for people whose attention span is limited to 140 characters and facebook is for people who have no sense of privacy and apparently no identity worth stealing. So now we see ads for them everywhere.

Pfui!

greyfox
09-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Wow Larry i posted the same thing at the same time. Just not as colorfully as you. :)

Edited to add: And now I see that damned Google +1 crap whatever that is.

Mark
09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
For those that use Tweeter, Face Book or Google+, they can put AquaBoards.com in the front of more potential users.

Msdevine
09-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I sure use Facebook, will do.

Coryologist
09-06-2011, 03:43 PM
All "social media" is for losers who need to have their vapid existence validated by other losers. Kinda like "chat." That's my story and I'm sticking to it. - Frank :tycoon: :bigboss:

Msdevine
09-06-2011, 03:44 PM
gosh, I play a game there and keep up with my kids.

Msdevine
09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
All "social media" is for losers who need to have their vapid existence validated by other losers. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. - Frank :tycoon: :bigboss:

Would your radio station, and playing your music fall into that category.

Coryologist
09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
gosh, I play a game there and keep up with my kids.
So - what is this? "True Confessions?." :-) - Frank

Coryologist
09-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Would your radio station, and playing your music fall into that category.
Yep. That's why I never encourage anyone to listen. I've said it before and I'll say it, again. It's for my amusement and I don't need any participants for me to enjoy myself doing it. lol. - F.

Skiboy
09-06-2011, 04:03 PM
All "social media" is for losers who need to have their vapid existence validated by other losers. Kinda like "chat." That's my story and I'm sticking to it. - Frank :tycoon: :bigboss:

Actually its for losers who want to know where the good bands are every weekend without doing much work. Just "Friend" or "Like" them on Facebook and their gigs show up on your home page. I love it, more time drinking and dancing, less time looking for a good place to hang out on Friday night!

Coryologist
09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Actually its for losers who want to know where the good bands are every weekend without doing much work. Just "Friend" or "Like" them on Facebook and their gigs show up on your home page. I love it, more time drinking and dancing, less time looking for a good place to hang out on Friday night!
None of those things are a part of my life. There's 700,000,000 users -and there's me. And you wonder why I feel so freakin' special. lol. Cheers. - Frank

kush
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
And you wonder why I feel so freakin' special.

Well, that's not exactly what I was wondering.

Pianoman
09-06-2011, 04:43 PM
So Facebook is for teens and people who act like teens.

DLW777
09-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Actually, facebook for me, is a way to easily share pictures of my daughter with family members that I rarely see because they live all over the place-some even in the Bahamas. Also, it is a way to see what everyone is doing and plan get togethers. I don't put anything personal on there or post any incriminating pictures. There's nothing I'd be ashamed for a potential employer to see-some of them do check facebook. I also have LinkedIn which is a professional networking site. You can set your privacy settings pretty high if you want so only your friends can see it. I don't go that far but many do. I would always do secure browsing if you are on facebook though. It is easy to set it up that way.

I would never do Twitter. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

Oh, and the tweet and like symbols above every post are annoying as hell.

DLW777
09-06-2011, 05:38 PM
So how do we get rid of these annoying as hell symbols-they are annoying. Oh, and did I say they bug me?

marli
09-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't particularly like those icons either, but what cracks me up is the folks who don't know how to use facebook. Because they don't know how to use it, it's obviously something not worth using, right? Right...

Insert eye rolling smiley HERE

Must be hard to live in an open world with a closed mind. I'm glad I don't have that problem.

Smiles, marli

greyfox
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
I know how to use it and do, just to keep up with my kid and grandkids, plus a few less desirable relatives. But those icons are annoying as hell. I see Mark's point. Maybe he could put them at the bottom? And I believe it's called Twitter, not Tweeter... :rofl: You "tweet" via Twitter. SO "tweet" this! :censored:

hca75
09-06-2011, 07:58 PM
THose icons are ANNOYING... VERY annoying.... can we move em- PRETTY PLEASE???????

Coryologist
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
What cracks me up are people who assume that because someone chooses not to use something that they do not know how to do so. Then they profess to be so "open-minded" when in reality they are judgmental of another's lifestyle, simply because it does not coincide with their own.

How evolved. lol.

Smilin' 24/7 like a total idiot. alberto

Underwhelmed
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh, and the tweet and like symbols above every post are annoying as hell.

Is it just me, or is this crap making the thread pages load really slow for everyone?

hca75
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
YEp, and this CRAP is also in the PM's ...... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pianoman
09-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't particularly like those icons either, but what cracks me up is the folks who don't know how to use facebook. Because they don't know how to use it, it's obviously something not worth using, right? Right...

Insert eye rolling smiley HERE

Must be hard to live in an open world with a closed mind. I'm glad I don't have that problem.

Smiles, marli

Marli,

I was using "social media" back in 1980. The online community has been an integral part of my life since then. I have been training people in using sophisticated computer systems for over 30 years, in addition to a number of other topics. I'm not speaking out of ignorance, but out of a long experience and in full knowledge of the benefits and RISKS associated with the current generation of social media.

Pianoman
09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I see that the social media advertising is gone from the messages. Thank you, Mark.

marli
09-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Why must we see these stupid come-on ads for twitter and facebook with every message? Twitter is for people whose attention span is limited to 140 characters and facebook is for people who have no sense of privacy and apparently no identity worth stealing. So now we see ads for them everywhere.

Pfui!

Marli,

I was using "social media" back in 1980. The online community has been an integral part of my life since then. I have been training people in using sophisticated computer systems for over 30 years, in addition to a number of other topics. I'm not speaking out of ignorance, but out of a long experience and in full knowledge of the benefits and RISKS associated with the current generation of social media.

Why call folks who DO use FB, and actually KNOW what they are doing "people who have no sense of privacy and apparently no identity worth stealing"? That, to me, indicates a closed mind.

Some people use the page for more than games and status updates. I have my privacy settings exactly where I want them, not many folks can see much on my page, and I only recently changed the photo option to Friends of Friends, and that is only for certain albums. Basically, for me, Facebook is a photo album.

I have an identity, and I have a larger sense of privacy than you'd EVER know. Stalkers tend to make folks very private. And very careful.

I just don't understand why calling people names and denigrating them is ok. I see it here more and more. I expect it from some, that's why they are on my ignore list. You weren't one I expected it from, is all. Just because they like something you don't, why is that wrong? Can you explain that to me?

Smiles, marli

Pianoman
09-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Why call folks who DO use FB, and actually KNOW what they are doing "people who have no sense of privacy and apparently no identity worth stealing"? That, to me, indicates a closed mind.

Some people use the page for more than games and status updates. I have my privacy settings exactly where I want them, not many folks can see much on my page, and I only recently changed the photo option to Friends of Friends, and that is only for certain albums. Basically, for me, Facebook is a photo album.

I have an identity, and I have a larger sense of privacy than you'd EVER know. Stalkers tend to make folks very private. And very careful.

I just don't understand why calling people names and denigrating them is ok. I see it here more and more. I expect it from some, that's why they are on my ignore list. You weren't one I expected it from, is all. Just because they like something you don't, why is that wrong? Can you explain that to me?

Smiles, marli

You are in a minority. I've seen too many cases of people losing job opportunities because of incautious entries in facebook to ever want to use it.

DLW777
09-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah, if you are careful what you post on FB and set your privacy settings accordingly, it really isn't any different than posting things here.

marli
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
You are in a minority. I've seen too many cases of people losing job opportunities because of incautious entries in facebook to ever want to use it.

I do agree, a lot of folks seem to not understand how to change their privacy settings (or they just don't care to). I won't play any games on there simply because the 'apps' ask for a whole lot of info that I don't feel comfortable giving up. So don't get me wrong, I agree with you on that.

I just don't agree with calling people names (not you so much as another who may have hurt Ms Devine's feelings in the process) or speaking ill of them (and yeah, unfortunately that was you).

By the way, will you be going to the OCA this year? I didn't get a chance to meet you at the Catfish Convention last October, so I wondered if you'd be heading north.

Smiles, marli

marli
09-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah, if you are careful what you post on FB and set your privacy settings accordingly, it really isn't any different than posting things here.

DING DING DING! Exactly! Except, THIS is public, with no chance to change settings. Also about my FB: I don't go by my real name there either, hah.

Oh, and I posted a "Public Service Announcement" for all my local friends earlier regarding the river breaching its' banks and flooding the state road (and neighborhood near me) so folks don't come this way and have to backtrack. Another good thing about FB!

Smiles, marli

Coryologist
09-07-2011, 05:30 PM
(not you so much as another who may have hurt Ms Devine's feelings in the process)
How about knocking off your slimy innuendo. You're nothing but a coward and a trouble maker. It's your job, now, to tell us who's feelings we may have hurt? You don't like what I say, have the balls to call me out, or are you "ignoring" me. lol.

Msdevine is a grown woman. If she really felt that I intentionally and with malice tried to hurt her feelings, I'm sure she can speak-up, for herself.

Keep your nose out of my business. Totally and forever.

BTW - I'll be at OCA this year to specifically see if you have the courage to say to my face, what you so glibly say about me in chat. I want you to look me in the eye and repeat all of the things that you have said about me over the years. I seriously doubt that you'll have the balls to do so, but I in no way doubt that you have a pair of balls.

You're a total loser.

Grinnin' like a moron. alberto

Pianoman
09-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I do agree, a lot of folks seem to not understand how to change their privacy settings (or they just don't care to). I won't play any games on there simply because the 'apps' ask for a whole lot of info that I don't feel comfortable giving up. So don't get me wrong, I agree with you on that.

I just don't agree with calling people names (not you so much as another who may have hurt Ms Devine's feelings in the process) or speaking ill of them (and yeah, unfortunately that was you).

By the way, will you be going to the OCA this year? I didn't get a chance to meet you at the Catfish Convention last October, so I wondered if you'd be heading north.

Smiles, marli

Due to work and family responsibilities, as well as medical issues, I don't travel any more. At the Catfish Convention, I only attended the all-day auction, not the rest of the weekend. Were you at the auction? If so, what did you pick up there?

Msdevine
09-07-2011, 06:45 PM
OK, lets slow this frieght train down...... I just woke from a nap and saw my name being thrown around. First I do use Facebook, I Have nothing to hide. So I can post my link later and everyone can check me and my kids and see who my friends are and what I do on there and I don't care. I don't mind. Some people want more privacy ( my son does) and that is fine.
Now ((Msdevine is a grown woman. If she really felt that I intentionally and with malice tried to hurt her feelings, I'm sure she can speak-up, for herself.)) U got it Frank. I am a grown women and can and will speak for myself. But U did fine... I know we were kidding around then someone just butted in.. NO names but we know... Right?
Frank is a Great Person, to bad some don't see that. I do... Frank you can speak for me anytime. Glad u have my back...

Msdevine
09-07-2011, 06:47 PM
How about knocking off your slimy innuendo. You're nothing but a coward and a trouble maker. It's your job, now, to tell us who's feelings we may have hurt? You don't like what I say, have the balls to call me out, or are you "ignoring" me. lol.

Msdevine is a grown woman. If she really felt that I intentionally and with malice tried to hurt her feelings, I'm sure she can speak-up, for herself.

Keep your nose out of my business. Totally and forever.

BTW - I'll be at OCA this year to specifically see if you have the courage to say to my face, what you so glibly say about me in chat. I want you to look me in the eye and repeat all of the things that you have said about me over the years. I seriously doubt that you'll have the balls to do so, but I in no way doubt that you have a pair of balls.

You're a total loser.

Grinnin' like a moron. alberto

So u are going to OCA, We are thinking about it.

marli
09-07-2011, 07:04 PM
OK, lets slow this frieght train down...... I just woke from a nap and saw my name being thrown around. First I do use Facebook, I Have nothing to hide. So I can post my link later and everyone can check me and my kids and see who my friends are and what I do on there and I don't care. I don't mind. Some people want more privacy ( my son does) and that is fine.
Now ((Msdevine is a grown woman. If she really felt that I intentionally and with malice tried to hurt her feelings, I'm sure she can speak-up, for herself.)) U got it Frank. I am a grown women and can and will speak for myself. But U did fine... I know we were kidding around then someone just butted in.. NO names but we know... Right?
Frank is a Great Person, to bad some don't see that. I do... Frank you can speak for me anytime. Glad u have my back...
Sorry Msdevine, didn't mean to step on your toes. I'm glad you think Frank is a great person. I thought you had your feelings hurt, my mistake. I'll never try to stick up for you again, that's a promise. I didn't mean to upset you. Have a great night.

~marli

marli
09-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Due to work and family responsibilities, as well as medical issues, I don't travel any more. At the Catfish Convention, I only attended the all-day auction, not the rest of the weekend. Were you at the auction? If so, what did you pick up there?

Actually, I slept thru most of the auction. I did go down toward the end, mainly I bought cherry shrimp. I did steal some plants from Peanutbrain though! Cat Con was fun, but OCA I think is more fun, maybe because I know more people, but also I like the variety of fish, and the shopping all weekend long rather that just one night. If you ever do get a chance to come north, I'd love to meet you! OCA is really a blast, and a lot of Aber's go. A lot of really fun folks, all slightly crazy!

Smiles, marli

Msdevine
09-07-2011, 07:14 PM
No smiles Marli??
here is the link , enjoy, I do..http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1395263542
Check out my kids, I play a game, nothing to hide. YET... lol

marli
09-07-2011, 07:29 PM
No smiles Marli??
here is the link , enjoy, I do..http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1395263542
Check out my kids, I play a game, nothing to hide. YET... lol

Well, I wasn't smiling, mainly because it appeared I had upset you. I don't smile when I upset people, unlike some others here (not you). So no, I wasn't smiling.

I'm on facebook too, but as I said before, mine is more private. Stalkers suck, been there, don't want to go there again, burned the tshirt. I'll check your page, thanks for the link.

Oh, and I'll be at OCA if you decide to go. Maybe we'll meet!

Smiles, marli

Msdevine
09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Would love it.. I need information on it. Like where to stay, My honey is disable so need downstairs. much more info.. got any?

marli
09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Would love it.. I need information on it. Like where to stay, My honey is disable so need downstairs. much more info.. got any?

YES! Go here: http://www.ohiocichlid.com/

And this is the hotel:
Holiday Inn – Strongsville
Phone: 440-238-8800
15471 Royalton Road
Strongsville, Ohio 44136

When you make reservations you should call, that way you get the cheaper rate ($65.00 per night) when you mention OCA.

The hotel is six floors with an elevator, and first floor normally goes fast to sellers. Personally, I don't like the first floor because the party goes ALL NIGHT, and I need some sleep. If he can use the elevator, you'll have a better night sleep. If not, ask for one around the corner from the main hallway, that may work. Then again, if you WANT to party all night, first floor is the place to be!!

If that website doesn't answer all your questions, ask in here. There are a lot of folks who have gone every year and would be more than happy to help you out! Probably start a new thread though...heh.

Smiles, marli

Coryologist
09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Yes. Best start a new thread as I'm not quite done with this one. Not by a long shot.

I'm a bit tired and have a busy day ahead of me, tomorrow, but I shall return to pick this up, right where I left off, as time allows.

I wish I had nothing to do all day but spew venomous tripe. What a life. It must be very nice.

Smiles. alberto.

marli
09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah Frank, you are on my ignore list, and you know that. Only reason I saw THIS charming post was cause msdevine quoted you. I admit to reading your post when it looked as if you had caused hurt feelings, but otherwise no, you aren't really that interesting. Plus, you did say goodbye a long time ago. That's when I put you on ignore. Figured if you weren't REALLY going to leave, even after your boo hoo story, I'd just do it myself. Poof, you are gone, mostly. Works for me.

Oh, and I'd have no issues saying straight to your face anything I say elsewhere. People who know me know this: I don't say things I wouldn't repeat. So please, make this a reality:

"BTW - I'll be at OCA this year to specifically see if you have the courage to say to my face, what you so glibly say about me in chat. I want you to look me in the eye and repeat all of the things that you have said about me over the years. I seriously doubt that you'll have the balls to do so, but I in no way doubt that you have a pair of balls."

Because you never did show up at the Catfish Convention last October, even though you basically said the same thing back then. You really should try to keep your word. Show up. People would love to meet the coryologist. Put a face to the name. I'll be there, maybe I'll see you there? Heh...doubtful.

Oh, and yeah, you are still on ignore and I have no intentions of reading a reply from you. If you want me out of your business, you could stop reading and posting to me, too. It works wonders, I promise!! Can you resist? Yep, that's the challenge, I'm betting you can't.

Smiles, marli

Coryologist
09-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Right. Just like you never listen to the radio show. lol.

Smiles. alberto.

Coryologist
09-07-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll be there, maybe I'll see you there? Heh...doubtful.
Sorry. Don't think that I could handle the putrid stench.

Smiles. alberto.

hca75
09-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Radio show... Frank... when ???? I MISS the radio show!!!!! Oh and like Ms. D said , you can have my back anytime also... :D

Lexinverts
09-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Sorry. Don't think that I could handle the putrid stench.

Smiles. alberto.

?Quien es este senor Alberto y que ha hecho con el don Francisco grande? !Temo que haya sido secuestrado! Por que ya sabemos que el Francisco verdadero nunca sonria... Este Alberto me da miedo...

Coryologist
09-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Radio show... Frank... when ????
The show will relaunch on September 14th at 7:30 PM. The name has been changed from "Monday is AquaBid Music Night on Wednesdays," because out of respect for Mark, I don't want anything that I say or do, to reflect poorly on AB.

The show is now "Douchenozzle Radio" and will be a opportunity for me to excoriate the losers in our society, from politicians to so-called business leaders to the average douche bag members of what's left of our once-proud society and the dishonesty, fear, hatred, bigotry, ideology and narrow and/or closed-mindedness that too many people now exhibit in their daily intercourse with the world around them. Please don't tune in, if you are faint of heart. I will be taking no prisoners, no one will be spared and I hope that you are shocked and appalled - yet, hopefully inspired at the incredibly brutal honesty with which I will endeavor to present my positions, as douchenozzley as they may be. This time out - "Sorry. No more Mr. NiceGuy."

I MISS the radio show!!!!!
Truth be told, so do I. A great deal. It's nice to take a break and have an opportunity to recharge that lump of doo-doo that passes for my brain. lol.

Oh and like Ms. D said , you can have my back anytime also... :D
I always will. You can take that to the bank. I'll never let any dark, malevolent force attack you without my coming to your defense. We can't let the self-loathing haters of the world get the upper-hand. We must be vigilant and call them out and shine a bright light on them to expose their misplaced rage, lest they foster more negativity in what is increasingly becoming a smoldering cesspool of vitriol. We must all work diligently to crush these individuals before they spread their repulsive and destructive behavior to every corner of society.

Being a megalomaniacal psychopath, I have come to understand that most people will not stand up to such towering evil and that it has become my responsibility to rid the world of this type of menace, one pathetic cretin, at a time.

I promise to never let you down.

And now - a nice cup of morning joe, just to get my juices flowing. I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts to paper, this morning.

Smiles. alberto

P.S. Thanks for reading this - especially to those who claim to "ignore" me. What a load of crap, that is. Face it - you're powerless to not read this drivel. lol.

tysgrandma
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
He makes me afraid too. Afraid I'll miss one of his posts.

tysgrandma
09-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Él me da miedo también. Temo que voy a perder uno de sus posts.

greyfox
09-08-2011, 10:09 AM
?Quien es este senor Alberto y que ha hecho con el don Francisco grande? !Temo que haya sido secuestrado! Por que ya sabemos que el Francisco verdadero nunca sonria... Este Alberto me da miedo...

Yeah Alberto. What did you do with Frank???

Lexinverts
09-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Él me da miedo también. Temo que voy a perder uno de sus posts.

!Que susto!

greyfox
09-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Don't be afraid children. Frank will return.

tysgrandma
09-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Qué? ¿Que gusta leer sus puestos? A veces parece bastante maníaco. Me mantiene en mis dedos, tratando de mantener la pista.

Lexinverts
09-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Qué? ¿Que gusta leer sus puestos? A veces parece bastante maníaco. Me mantiene en mis dedos, tratando de mantener la pista.

Si, si, si, pero tengo miedo porque creo que el Francisco fue secuestrado por un Alberto que sonria. Tal vez este Alberto esta haciendo puestos un lugar del Francisco... Parece que Alberto esta vendiendo todos los peces del Francisco tambien... !Que horror!

Skiboy
09-08-2011, 10:58 AM
¿Por qué se molestan en seguir la pista? Solo vivir el momento y disfrutar de la locura!

hca75
09-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Ok so now I need to go get my kids to translate the forums for me????? Or is the above even suitable for teens???? LOL

Lexinverts
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
¿Por qué se molestan en seguir la pista? Solo vivir el momento y disfrutar de la locura!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47fEXGabaY

tysgrandma
09-08-2011, 12:07 PM
yes its pretty safe. And, I agree just live in the moment and enjoy the madness. Also if he was abducted by Alberto aliens, that seems like a discussion for the ghost thread.

hca75
09-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Around here we DONT need a thread... they all get hijacked anyway....

Id hate to be the one to sort this out... music in the mtv thread, aliens int he ghost thread.. complaint in the praise threads... NAh... lets just keep on a hijacking other random threads!!! :D

"Enjoy the madness" ... I think we are all mad in our own ways... LOL

DLW777
09-08-2011, 10:10 PM
It's more fun when they go all over the place.

For example, Frank not wanting to go to the OCA due to the putrid stench. I'm sure that hurt some people's feelings.

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

No idea what I'm talking about here but it went all over the place. LOL

hca75
09-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Random comments and posts that start talking about.... OH hey theres something shiny..... anything and everything, THose are the best!!!

tysgrandma
09-09-2011, 08:12 AM
I agree, I was trying to be funny, forgot to add the laughing smiley. Random thought, there ought to be an oops smiley. :oops: Oh, guess there is. :D