PDA

View Full Version : Reposting an active auction

MVP
09-09-2011, 03:30 PM
It seems that recently this option on AB now fails or has been disabled. Anyone else having this issue? Your auction is active and you posted it to automatically repost 5 times. You get an email that your auction will be reposted "0" more times, so you go to increase the auto reposting back to 5, so you auction will not end. When you try to save the changes, they are not saved and you are redirected to AB home page and your auction expires, which then requires you to manually repost the auction. Am I just lazy or is anyone else a bit peeved that this feature no longer works?

Mark
09-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Nothing in the programming has been changed in that area.

I just modified a random auction and changed the relisting to 5 and it saved fine.

joefish72
09-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I just updated a few of my auctions in the last 3 days, all went back to 5 reposts and saved with no problem.

MVP
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
OK, I figured out what the problem was on why I could not repost my auctions. Some of my auctions contain a form for a shipping calculator or newsletter sign up. On the repost page for my auctions this would put html form elements inside of the form tags for aquabid, which is a html no-no. The hidden aquabid form elements never get sent through the ab auction script because my closing form tag takes precedence over the ab closing form tag and cuts them off the string sent to the script.

<form> (aquabid form tag)

<form> (my opening form tags)
</form> (close of my form tag)

(aquabid hidden form elements)

</form> (close of aquabid form tag)