PDA

View Full Version : Mark as Shipped in Closed Auctions > Items Sold (Housekeeping)

AquaLab
09-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi Dear Mark,

That would of been great if I had "mark as shipped" option or checkmark in Closed Auctions > Items Sold (no need to send a ship note to a buyer it's done via manual email conventionally, just for better housekeeping)

Think there will be sellers like me who would support this suggestion for benefit of all maybe even with an extra additions of "mark as auction paid" or even "enter tracking linked to buyer".

Not to complicate things; just mark as shipped on seller side will do it for me.

Something like mark as contribution paid, don't know exactly how technically it can be achieved in php/sql back end. I know on asp .net it's very simple to add a checkmark or popup on the fly via live runatserver dynamic reference.

Would really help better manage weekly shipments and paid orders unless it is memory sensitive matter for the platform.

Regards,
Gne
AquaLab

joefish72
09-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I see that as just one more thing for people to complain about. "Oh, the seller never marked it as shipped", even though it was marked as shipped in Paypal and the buyer got the tracking info.

I already have to deal with idiots that bid with one account, email with a second, then paypal with a third. I send the tracking info to the paypal account and the next day get an e-mail asking if it was shipped.:doubledown:

Nabobmob1
09-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I see that as just one more thing for people to complain about. "Oh, the seller never marked it as shipped", even though it was marked as shipped in Paypal and the buyer got the tracking info.

I already have to deal with idiots that bid with one account, email with a second, then paypal with a third. I send the tracking info to the paypal account and the next day get an e-mail asking if it was shipped.:doubledown:

if people are too stupid to check the email from paypal, they won't read one from AquaBid either, especially since you can link several emails to a single paypal account.

Gecko5150
09-30-2011, 09:51 AM
I think from reading Aqualab's post they are referring to internal checks on your "my account" pages so you yourself as the seller would know which items were shipped, and from which auctions contributions had been made, etc. Not something customers would see.

AquaLab
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
I think from reading Aqualab's post they are referring to internal checks on your "my account" pages so you yourself as the seller would know which items were shipped, and from which auctions contributions had been made, etc. Not something customers would see.

that's correct, in particular when a seller has a spike of selling activity that's spans few consecutive weeks with delayed payments maid on wins to ship on schedule.

lilmissruffcountry
10-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Sounds like a filing cabinet to me...lol. I have folders in my email that I move the mail to for the "paid/shipped", a folder for those that are "slow or non payers", another folder for "side deals', and then if you print your labels to ship...keep them all in one spot and either write or include the auction number in the shipping receipt...It may seem semi complicated, but if you have folders(email or otherwise), and keep that little "shipped" slip from shipment, its easy to track whom is paid/shipped and those not yet completed. I just went through a good set of short auctions for the Bastrop Fire Fund, had tons of shipments, either by auction or sidedeals, including some from non-paying bidders(really fries me someone bids on a donation auction and skips out on the bill!!) and managed to keep track of it all just fine. I have been doing this on and off for about 15+ years though. Might get easier in time if you havent been shipping/selling for long, or if you have had multiple transaction issues like some have had. I think one more button will just complicate the ease of things, and better record keeping on a personal note may be needed..But..thats my opinion, other may feel different. Hell...look at how many weekly auctions Pete runs, if you need a way to keep track of auctions, may ask him for advice..although you may not like how he gives it to ya...LMAO!

hca75
10-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Ive been selling/ shipping for about a year and a half now... this past weekend I did about 40 auctions and side deals combined...in one night. Only problem i had keeping up with was what was going on in chat... all has shipped but one box...

Find a system that works for you, and its not hard... But i dont really want any more boxes to check... LOL

AmazonMoosey
10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
that's correct, in particular when a seller has a spike of selling activity that's spans few consecutive weeks with delayed payments maid on wins to ship on schedule.

Or instead of filing cabinets and you want the boxes check off - copy/paste your closed auction page to an editor - add the little boxes and save it on your computer for you own use. Print it out if it works more for you to have it as a checklist with you.

There's tons of different ways to insure you have completed your tasks for all orders.

AquaLab
12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree AmazonMoosey that keeping separate records are not difficult at all but require back an forth copy/paste tasks, however such housekeeping option modules are for platform efficiency and convenience. These days such options are pretty standard for most online selling applications, auctions sites in particular, hence would be nice to see those implemented.

Regards,
Gnel
AquaLab

yada
12-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Its fine the way it is.