PDA

View Full Version : Ramshorn snails!!!

melliebelly
10-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm getting a pink pearl and blue ramshorn snail in the mail. They are going to be pea sized or smaller I only have a 5 gallon aquarium. There is a betta and a gold inca snail in there as of now. I have become obssessed with snails and would like to get a green turtle snail, orange rabbit snail and some nirate snails. Really just evey type of snail that exist (except for assasin snails and malaysian trumpet snails of course). So my questions are will the betta go after the baby snails? He doesnt really mess with the inca snail at all. Also i heard apple snails like to eat ramshorn snails and i know that gold incas are part of the apple family. Do you think I should worry about hm trying to eat them? I also know that ramshorns breed like wildfire. ( I was only wanting one ramshorn but i couldnt choose between the blue or pink :3 ) Is there a way to avoid this? I was planning on putting decor in the tank but maybe I shouldnt so I can make sure that I get all the ramshorn snail eggs. I would feel bad about killing baby snails :( If they were to breed and have young would they be purple? I have many more questions but I've already asked so many. If anyone that knows a lot about snails that would be great. Thanks!

wicca25
10-10-2011, 09:37 PM
no they wont be purple if the rams breed and if kept in the same tank might not end up with many that look like the ones you ordered. but then again may not end up with many like them any way im not to good with snail genetics

rbeauchemin
10-10-2011, 10:15 PM
hey mellie,

I had some blue and pink ramshorn snails. When bred together, they produced pink babies with blue spots. Eventually the blue spots grew with them and they were almost entirely blue. It looks very neat. If you don't want lots of ramshorns, don't have more than one!

melliebelly
10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
hey mellie,

I had some blue and pink ramshorn snails. When bred together, they produced pink babies with blue spots. Eventually the blue spots grew with them and they were almost entirely blue. It looks very neat. If you don't want lots of ramshorns, don't have more than one!

That sounds awesome!!! :D
:crazy: