PDA

View Full Version : Customer Shipping Address

MVP
11-11-2011, 12:21 PM
People move a lot these days and have to update their information at a plethora of web sites when this happens. Of course you remember to update your banking and finance details at the "important" websites, but other websites get overlooked, and this can lead to problems down the road.

I would like to see the customers shipping address added to the email they receive after winning an auction along with a link to change their address if necessary. A note to contact the seller if their address has changed would be needed too.

I usually check the customers PayPal address against their AquaBid shipping address to make sure they match, and you would be surprised as to how many customers shipping addresses are out of date and they are not even aware of this issue because the only time they see their shipping address is "if" they log into their account details. Moving is a lot of work and changing info on AquaBid is often overlooked or low priority.

If the customers shipping address was added to the auction end email this would be a prompt a buyer to update their info and avoid shipments being sent to an old address. I've had a problem with this happening about three or four times this year. The customer gets upset as they may have to contact the resident at their old address or wait for the post office to forward their package. Sometimes the packages get lost and then I get upset as I want all my customers to be happy, even if I take a loss.

Below is a sample of what I think the customer email should look like:

Dear fishbuyer123,

Congratulations!

You are the winner of:
Auction number: 132xxxxxxxx
Item title: Fishy Stuff
The Buy It price was: $14.99
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&shipping132xxxxxxx

Your auction will be shipped to:
John Doe
123 Main Street
Anytown, WA 00000 United States

If the address above is NOT correct, please contact the seller with your new shipping
address and update your shipping info using the link below:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/user.cgi?1&1&ca

Please contact the seller FishSeller to make arrangements for payment and shipping:
Jane Doe
124 Main Street
Anytown IL 00000 United States
E-mail Address: mailto:myemail@yahoo.com

The buyer and seller should contact each other within three business days to complete the sale. Not getting in touch leaves the contract in limbo and can earn you negative feedback.

You can leave feedback about your transaction at: http://www.aquabid.com/feedback.htm

Notice to Bidders: Please send payment to the seller. AquaBid.com does not handle the transactions between the buyer and the seller.

Thank you again for choosing AquaBid.com

www.aquabid.com

AmazonMoosey
11-13-2011, 06:01 PM
IMO this a great suggestion and I hope it has been implemented.

Has it yet?

Mark
11-14-2011, 12:33 PM
I hope someone at AquaBid.com implements it too

AmazonMoosey
11-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I hope someone at AquaBid.com implements it too

Yeah why don't you talk to the owner. :p I hear you have an inside with the guy, more or less.

Let's hope it's actually "more" and not "less", come to think of it.... Seriously, don't make me go bid on an auction to find out, Barnett!

hca75
11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Moosey- hang on... if its implimented, some of us will know shortly when a sale ENDS... TEEEHEEEEE .... :P

Creativeaquarist
11-14-2011, 03:33 PM
what a great plan...why didn't somebody think of this sooner??? Seriously Mark...chop chop, LOL

AmazonMoosey
11-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Moosey- hang on... if its implimented, some of us will know shortly when a sale ENDS... TEEEHEEEEE .... :P

:nahnah: I thought we were supposed to encourage people to bid on auctions! :p And here you are telling me not to... laughing

I've known Barnett long enough I am pretty sure it was implemented by the time he posted here.. laughing But it will be nice so there can be no more "but you sent it to the wrong address!" some sellers seem to have to be going through.

hca75
11-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Ok moosey- go bid on one of MY auctions !!! :P :gickle: Wait- after I get some more UP... LOL

MVP
11-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Mark:

Thanks for making this change. I have already had one customer contact me with an address change AND they updated their info on AquaBid too! Amazing!!!

MVP

lotsoffish
11-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Mark:

Thanks for making this change. I have already had one customer contact me with an address change AND they updated their info on AquaBid too! Amazing!!!

MVP

That was a SUPER good suggestion. I bet it ALMOST solves the shipping address issue.

But I bet some folks will STILL not catch it. :evil:

One thing I do is when I contact somebody who has won something from me is- I copy their Registered Aquabid shipping address and send it right back to them and tell them that THAT is where I plan on shipping their box UNLESS specifically told otherwise.

Nothing is worse then packing a big box full of live fish and then noticing the customer has a different Paypal shipping address than their Aquabid shipping address AND they have not told you which one they want their stuff shipped to. I have had that happen a couple times and actually FOUND peoples phone numbers and tracked them down to find out where they want the thing shipped...
It's a pain in the butt, but so is unpacking the box only to repack it the next day.