PDA

View Full Version : Donations to the site

joefish72
11-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Could there be, or is there already, a way to pay for multiple auction donations all in the same payment? I currently have to click on each one and go through the paypal payment process for each one, it would be nice if you could do multiples in one payment. I think this would be better for Aquabid too, because you would only pay one transaction fee rather than one fee for each payment received.

AmazonMoosey
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM
I used to total up all the amounts of the donations from the different auctions and make it one lump payment to the site. If there were quite a few, I would list the auctions in the message the donation was for.

Then after sent just mark them all paid. Barnett never complained so I figured it was working well.

joefish72
11-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Then after sent just mark them all paid. Barnett never complained so I figured it was working well. Moosey, I'm an idiot, and I don't know how to "mark as paid" I'm sure it is right in front of my face but I don't see where I can do that. If you don't mind telling me how to do that I would be in your debt.

I'm not sure how paypal works either but I know there is a minimum fee per transaction so I figure it might be worth the effort for Mark to implement this option. I assume he is getting a few payments a day so why give up the extra few cents per transaction if he doesn't have to.

AmazonMoosey
11-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Have any of your individual auction sales been over 30.00? If not, then you won't see the contribute button.

*Contributions are not required. It is 100% volunteer. A 3% contribution request will only come up for items that sell for more that $30.00.

Many of my dry goods were below the donate mark (it didn't used to be 30.00 - was less) - but I still donated. The fish sales always went over the mark.

You should see it in your account, under closed auctions you sold. It won't show up on ones you won or ones that didn't sell. I would cut and paste from mine - but I have no auction sales in the past 45 days. Lol Prolly cuz I haven't put any up!

It isn't that you or any one else is an idiot. It's just you are not used to doing all this to where you can do it in your sleep.

Combining all the auction sales donation fee, IMO helped Barnett out. I could be wrong - and maybe he likes it the other way. lol Too late now! :nahnah:

Was this any help?

joefish72
11-23-2011, 09:47 AM
I just checked my "closed auctions" and now I see the "mark as paid" I swear that was never there before it only ever said "contribute". Maybe I just needed to hear it from you to see it, so I guess "yes" it did help.
:bigthumbsup:

AmazonMoosey
11-23-2011, 10:02 AM
I just checked my "closed auctions" and now I see the "mark as paid" I swear that was never there before it only ever said "contribute". Maybe I just needed to hear it from you to see it, so I guess "yes" it did help.
:bigthumbsup:

Really? And to think I just made all that up....:p

Glad it helped!