PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Black Shrimp...just got them today

Creativeaquarist
11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
18061807 One day I'm gonna pay Wicca to come to the house and take some grand pics of all my tanks for me, lol.

Anyway, don't mind the crappy pics...I'm just excited I got these Crystal Black Shrimp delivered today. They are acclimating in the photos. Much bigger shrimp than I expected and active lil boogers too.

wicca25
11-25-2011, 05:04 PM
some good lookin shrimp

lotsoffish
11-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Those do look to be nice sized!

Why are you taking your photo's from so far away?

Does your camera have a Macro setting (it looks like a flower symbol with most camera's) ?

dsuperman
11-25-2011, 06:28 PM
MMmmm, schrimp!!

hca75
11-25-2011, 06:59 PM
LOVELY... pete, me and shelby are tech retards.... ya gotta help us with those setting thingys... and ya dont even wanna see my attempts... LOL

Creativeaquarist
11-25-2011, 07:33 PM
yeah it 's got the little flower thingy... but when I used it...the shrimp were so up close you couldn't even tell they were shrimp...looked like black and white abstract art, lol...so how do I use the little flower thingy and make it look like a shrimp?

Creativeaquarist
11-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey Pete....why don't you do a whole thread/post on the best way to take pics to use with auctions...there a a bunch of us on here that would appreciate it. Just remember to keep it simple...cuz a few of us are self admitted techo tards and we need to do stuff one baby step at a time.

lotsoffish
11-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Well honestly because I don't have time to teach an online fish photography course right now BUT I can tell you that about 90% of my shots are taken using the Macro setting (the flower thingy) and I like to shoot most of the photo's from about 4 to 9 or 10 inches away from the fish. It takes a little bit of PRACTICE and you don't really have to practice on live fish.

Charge up your batteries and practice right at your computer desk. Get comfortable using the Macro (flower thingy) setting on your camera and take a whole bunch of shots like this-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/lotsoffish/auction%20%20hype/adividers/8-06-09d005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/lotsoffish/auction%20%20hype/adividers/8-06-09d004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/lotsoffish/auction%20%20hype/adividers/8-06-09d003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/lotsoffish/auction%20%20hype/adividers/8-06-09d002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/lotsoffish/auction%20%20hype/adividers/8-06-09d001.jpg

lotsoffish
11-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Then after you get the focusing and all that crap down stick a nice looking snail in a CLEAN and CLEAR fish container and try taking a whole bunch of photo's of that snail from about 4 or 5 inches away at your computer desk.

Then move up to something that actually swims like a couple Pr's of Endlers.

Try to always take your photo's at the same spot in your house so you figure out how to set up your lighting the best possible way and what angles you can shoot at without picking up the flash of your camera in the front pane of glass or plastic.

It's a process and you can't just go prancing around your fish room snapping off great photo's as you walk down the isle.

None of this crap is exactly easy but you outta be able to slowly get better at it if you practice in a way that will lead to improvements in your technique.

You folks don't think a guy like Frank just walks in to his fish room and snaps off 50 nice photo's in a row while he's walking by his tanks adding formalin to them, do you?

Cuz you could buy a 10 thousand dollar camera and that's still not going to happen if you don't practice shooting photo's so you at least have an idea of what you are doing.

I paid 85 bucks for my last camera and seeing how I drop them into something containing water at least once a year I thought that was sorta overspending for it but it was either that or start making drawings of my stuff and I can't draw worth a damn.

Creativeaquarist
11-25-2011, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=lotsoffish;423224]

It's a process and you can't just go prancing around your fish room snapping off great photo's as you walk down the isle.

You folks don't think a guy like Frank just walks in to his fish room and snaps off 50 nice photo's in a row while he's walking by his tanks adding formalin to them, do you?

[/QUOTE:camera::camera:Damn...there goes all my illusions or delusions of you and Frank skipping and prancing happily down the aisles of your fishrooms signing or humming Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra songs while snapping perfect pictures on the first shot.

Creativeaquarist
11-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Seriously....thank you for the tips. I'm going to find the perfect spot in my house and then forbid anybody to go near it or even breathe heavily when they go by it and then I'm gonna practice, practice, practice. Imma be like the lil engine that could..."I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

Creativeaquarist
11-26-2011, 05:14 AM
18161817 Well I practiced and practiced...490 useless pics worth of crap on my desk...and then 97 fish pics before I got these and I'm still not happy with these...anyways Holly...here's some pics of your WCMM's...they're acting squirrley cuz I got the packing stuff out and they can see it...LOL

hca75
11-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Pretty lil WCMM!!! They just know they are going on a road trip... :D ... just tell em Ill spoil em as much as you did, and they will be FINE!!!! :)