Thread: 1st Killifish... only took me 34 years!

1st Killifish... only took me 34 years!

This is a long story and I'm going to try and trim it down. At 15 I got my 1st true job 34 years ago at Hilltop Aquarium in Bowie, Maryland. I remember reading a Tropical Fish "encyclopedia" of some kind- the name of which I forget. I think it was written by Axelrod. Those killifish- such cool looking fish with those amazing colors. Never saw them for sale and never thought I'd own them. A few months back my LFS had some Steel Blue Killifish. I had no where to put them and when I went back a short time later they were gone. So I set up a 10 gallon with a few plants and a couple Japonica shrimp and waited for more Killis which never came. So I hit the net and found Aquabid. Killifish for sales online! Living in Maryland I was checking the location of the sellers. I noticed Fishguy_1955 was in Kentucky and had videos of the fish. Added bonus. So I "googled" Fishguy_1955 and found him here, on Aquaboards. I joined the board and reached out to him and what a great choice I made. Paul, aka Fishguy_1955, has provided me with so much information on Killifish. Answered many questions, in detail, at length. I knew ordering fish from him was the way to go. So.... 3 pairs of A. Striatum arrived yesterday. Perfectly packed. Water temp 75.3 degrees. They seem to be doing very well and are eating. I am thrilled! Already thinking of another tank for a species of Killifish TBD. Don't know the species yet but I know I'll be reaching out to Paul when I'm ready. I am truly grateful for his direction. Attached a pic. Hope you all have a great evening.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello there Guest,
    To view this post you must either register and log in. Thank you!

Hello there Guest,
    Want to see my fish? Go here- http://lotsoffish.slickpic.com/?viewer

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Stamp out morons!

"I welcome their hatred!" President Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hello there Guest,
    Sooner or later you will pay for every good deed you do

Sethanie
    http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...eller&Sethanie

Hello there Guest,

I am the new one

Hello there Guest,